The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:25 am

I don't like conflicts.......

If a situation becomes unpleasant, I leave. Adrupt or with warning....that's just the way I am, take it or leave it.

I'd really like to understand why it is someone chooses to hang out with a group of individuals that have hurt them so many times in the past? To the point of tears? Is it for a sense of belonging? Or do they just enjoy living in constant trauma?

At least if I dislike a person, they know it! Why waste energy on people who aren't your friends?

I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:07 am

Maybe this person believes that the wrongs can be made right, and is giving these people the benefit of the doubt. I know I have done hurtful things to others and they have forgiven me, and I'm glad they did because some great friendships were formed out of it. But I also learned my lesson not to hurt that person like that again.

One does have to be careful. Being a forgiving person can come back to bite that person in the ass. I've learned that the hard way too.

My rant for this morning is that there's a big giant ugly bug in my bathtub. I think it crawled up my drainpipe. Maybe it wants a bath.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:19 pm

I was told growing up that when bugs start to invade your house, there's a lot of rain, and possibly a flood, heading your way. Kinda makes sense if the the ground gets saturated and the bugs' homes are flooded.

I hate molds and mildews. They have taken up residence in my bathroom and won't leave.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:28 pm

We've had a TON of rain this season. When I last looked in the tub, the bug was gone. It either ran under my bath mat, back down the drain, or the cat got it.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:50 am

Cat probaby nailed it, DK.

They love those things.

I slept ten hours. I guess I needed it. Sorry if I missed chat.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm

I hate when I have the feeling...

I plopped down almost 500 dollars to get my car fixed...and it STILL doesn't work...I had a weird feeling that it wasn't going to be so easily fixed.

I wouldn't mind fixing it, but I'm still jobless and that's a lot of money to be taken away.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:59 pm

That does suck, Alice. Did you complain to the dealership? If they replaced the wrong part....
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 pm

I had to get a new alternator, and then change the battery. It worked yesterday, when I drove it off. I changed the battery today, because it wouldn't start, and the new battery doesn't work either. I called the mechanic shop, and let them know right away. Now it might be something else.

I don't have the money for this! I'm still paying for the stupid car!

I really HATE not having the know how about cars.

Maybe I should go to school to learn to fix cars. Hey, most people own a car.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:06 pm

Maybe it's just a bad battery, or maybe just dirty cable wires. They get corroded sometimes.

I'd also have them recheck that alternator, to make sure they didn't put in a faulty (or a used) one.

It could also be your spark plugs.

I'm not an expert, but I have had lots of car troubles over the years.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Alice, all car work should have a warranty in itself so if it is something they they've done in the service, it should be checked again. Additionally, spare parts have warranties too.

If it's any consolation, many mechanics (male) assume women know diddly squat about cars so I love to ask lots and lots of questions because it puts them on the spot.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks DK and Nay. I've been so stressed because I'm behind on some things I needed to get done with my van.

DK, I'll have them check the wirings. I'll have to see if they still have the old alternator or the receipt for the new one. You're not the only one who mentioned asking them. I paid for a new alternator, so I had better have a new one in the car.

Nay, I do have a warranty; that I made sure of. I may not know much about cars, but I know about signing paperwork and about legal and service terms. The mechanic shop owner did offer to give me another diagnostic check free if something else is wrong.

I'm just stressed.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Alice, if you have a warranty and it is determined that any of the parts and/or labor they did on your car isn't working, they are required by law to replace and do the labor for free (though I'm sure you know that). Don't let the guy get by by only giving you a 'free' diagnostic. It was their job to fix your vehicle, and they should have been able to tell you what was wrong with it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks...it's nice to have a virtual shoulder to rant on.

I feel better...although it doesn't stop me from feeling stressed over other things.

I need a spa day or something to get away...
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 pm

That reminds me of those old commercials....."Calgone....take me away." Smile

A spa day sounds great. Sometimes you need to pamper yourself, Alice, to keep from going nuts when things are stressful. Don't forget to take time for yourself.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Thanks...I think the most stress comes from my father, who has alzheimers' and is slowly getting the best of him...well, it's been two years since he really regressed...right after 300 was released.

I think I actually get hives when I have to speak to him.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:18 am

It's always tough being around someone who has Alzheimer's, especially when it's a family member. I don't envy what you have to deal with.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a rant as much as something I find very disturbing and hurtful. A few weeks ago some crazy loon posted some very hurtful things about me personally on a JustJared thread. I reported the posts and had them removed. So big deal, some crazy stalker is obsessed with a Gerry fan. But what I found even more disturbing was when I went to another Gerry fansite to read some threads, only to find one of his 'fans' was tickled pink that this person had done this to me. What I find odd is that this fan seems to really have it in for me, and I don't even know her.

Now I'll admit there are people in this world I don't care for, but I am never happy to see someone suffer. And furthermore, I don't find joy in people causing one another pain. Joking around is one thing, but getting your jollies because someone made fun of someone's depression, loneliness, heartache, unemployment, sickness, or whatever....well that's just SICK in my book. I'm not sure who's sicker - the person who said the words in the first place, or the person who thought those words to be funny.

I think when we get on the internet we forget that there are real live human beings typing those words on the keyboards. It's so very easy to be a coward and say cruel things because you know the person isn't in front of you and can't knock the piss out of you. But words DO hurt, sometimes more than fists.

I am deeply saddened at how very cruel this world has become.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:15 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
I am deeply saddened at how very cruel this world has become.
The world hasn't changed, it's as cruel as ever. It's just easier to find out what everyone else is doing or thinking.

Good news: You're not going through life unnoticed.

Ignorance is bliss most of the time.

Rant: It rained yesterday and I missed it!
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:15 am

Frustrated Rant: Oregon has the second highest unemployment rate, yet they won't allow you to go to school while collecting unemployment, they won't pay you unemployment if you are out of your home area for more than three days which means you can't go physically look for work in another state (say CO or MO, which is where I'm looking). How am I supposed to look for and obtain work that allows me to pay my bills and still get groceries when you pay me less than half of my wages prior to being laid off, won't allow me to better myself in order to better qualify for jobs AND there are applicants who are way over qualified for the same positions everyone else is applying for?

Arrgh, I'm so frustrated with the job market!
Back to top Go down
http://www.notime4urblahblahblahblah.blogspot.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:23 am

yeah, I feel for you. I didn't know about the out of state payment, but the school deal is the same here. It's almost as if they want you to lie to them. Taking one or two online classes isn't going to deter me from getting a job. I'd rather have the job.

It is awful right now. I can't even get jobs at discount stores or fast food places. I never thought I'd have to do that, and yet, I can't get a job there.

Right now, while you are looking for a job and getting unemployment, if you want to go to school, start looking for grants, loan, federal aid so that you can be ready if you have to make the decision of going back to school.
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 am

Looking for grants and federal aid is so daunting. Where does one even begin? When you fill out your FAFSA, they go by previous year income, and hello, I had a job then! The amount they say I am responsible for would feed, cloth and pay my bills for the year and I don't have it! LOL.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:30 am

I thought they had done away with that rule about not collecting unemployment while going to school. I received something about that in the mail from the unemployment office in MO, so maybe it depends on the state (or maybe it's something the President is trying to do away with, but hasn't succeeded as yet).

As far as travelling out of state, in MO they ask you if you're available for the work you're applying for. I'm not sure what would happen if you said 'no', but as far as I'm concerned I have a cellphone so even if I'm "out of the area", I am still available. They can call me, I can correspond with them on the phone, and if need be, I can drive/fly back in early of the opportunity arose. I get plenty of out of state calls from recruiters and corporate offices from local jobs I've applied for...so why not? To me, the 'available' thing is kind of subjective anyway (unless they're specifically stating you can't travel out of state). Wouldn't that kind of be like house arrest or being in trouble with the law? What if you want to visit family out of state or something? They really shouldn't penalize for that (or the school thing, for that matter).
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:33 pm

maybe the school thing is a state by state deal. All I know is I screwed up on my paper work last time, because I was going to take one or two online classes, and I'm waiting, again, for a check...I almost started school this week, but had to get some other things together before that.

As for finanical aid, you should probably start at the school you want to go or study at. They should have an office where you can get help. I know it's daunting, and I don't like daunting tasks.

Yeah, I know about the FASFA stuff, but I'm wondering if they will make exceptions because of the economy right now. You can also try online places. I think around here they have advertisements on tv for college aid. I'll have to look it up again.
Back to top Go down
AimeeMarie
Boringly Sane
AimeeMarie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Thanks for the suggestions girls. This whole darn economy thing has my panties in an uncomfortable twist.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:58 pm

we all need to let loose, let it out and stick together. It's too tough out there to be alone at this time.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 pm

I hate f*cking mosquitos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next