The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 6:19 am

What? I like the word ..... widget ..... wobbling, warbling, wandering, watering, wild, weird, wonderful, wonky widgets.

"The hills are alive with the sound of widgets!"

PS. I may be out of control - I blame the sugar.

drunken
Back to top Go down
Steph
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Woman you are widget obsessed! cyclops
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Well, I don't know when I'll be able to chat with you all...

The whole week sucked egg, and I can at least say that I've got my health, right?

Now before stupid people go, "She deserved it", no one deserves anything bad...even people I don't get along with. I never think, "oh, she deserves cancer" or "she deserves losing her job". That's childish...

But at least, I've still got my health, right?

Anyways, it looks like after a year and a half, my second laptop is probably dead. The first one was stolen three months after I got it, from my car at work, right in front of my office door. Long story. The thing that was helping me get job, is dead...thanks. I just got on my sister's computer, as she was up all night working on it and is sleeping in late. She's always on it, so my time will be limited. I went online just now, to see that the problem I have, is quite common among the HP computer I have, and a lot of people complain about it.

I feel like I've been hit with constant catch 22's this week...one thing hits after another, and another, and another, and another, and the problems cause other problems which were things that were supposed to be better, like the job faire I didn't get to go to, because my car died right before I was supposed to go. And I really can't do much about the car, nor computer, because I don't have a job. Sometimes you wonder, when will it end?

But I still have my health...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Steph

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm sorry your week sucked so bad, Alice. *hugs*
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 5:33 pm

I'm also so sorry to hear about your bad week, Alice. Yes, you have your health and you also have us!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear things are going so rough for you right now, Alice. When it rains it pours, doesn't it?

Big hugs to you and prayers that things will get better.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:16 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Well, I don't know when I'll be able to chat with you all...

The whole week sucked egg, and I can at least say that I've got my health, right?

Now before stupid people go, "She deserved it", no one deserves anything bad...even people I don't get along with. I never think, "oh, she deserves cancer" or "she deserves losing her job". That's childish...

But at least, I've still got my health, right?

Anyways, it looks like after a year and a half, my second laptop is probably dead. The first one was stolen three months after I got it, from my car at work, right in front of my office door. Long story. The thing that was helping me get job, is dead...thanks. I just got on my sister's computer, as she was up all night working on it and is sleeping in late. She's always on it, so my time will be limited. I went online just now, to see that the problem I have, is quite common among the HP computer I have, and a lot of people complain about it.

I feel like I've been hit with constant catch 22's this week...one thing hits after another, and another, and another, and another, and the problems cause other problems which were things that were supposed to be better, like the job faire I didn't get to go to, because my car died right before I was supposed to go. And I really can't do much about the car, nor computer, because I don't have a job. Sometimes you wonder, when will it end?

But I still have my health...

I just saw this.

I love you, sweetheart. Hang in there.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks...I do believe in waves of good and bad. For example...all the good that happened with meeting Michael, and then this. So, it can only get good from here...right?

And every time I have a problem with work, I wind up going back to school. Maybe this is pointer into what I really should do...

There's all kinds of stuff going through my head...

Just think...10 years ago, a computer wouldn't have meant anything...
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Alice, I am so sorry that things have been so bad. I'm keeping the faith that things will turn around for you.

{{{HUGS}}}}
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:41 pm

You ladies are the best. I seem to feel a lot better after reading your positive thoughts, and a good night's sleep.

It's a new week to figure out what the next move is...
Back to top Go down
gindolin
Boringly Sane
gindolin

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Alice =
I agree with Grey
s#@t seems to come in waves= when it rains it pours and all that.
But there's a new year right around the corner, and with it comes
many wondrous possibilities and all kinds of great things.
I will send positive thoughts and energy your way and we will soon be saying "damn, Alice is having a GREAT year"
Gin
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:28 pm

I did have a great year. If you looked at my blog, you can see the great videos and pictures of all the neat things I was a part of this year. More than I could ever imagined, and I planned on it that way, as it was a big birthday year this year for me. It just ended badly. I traveled a bunch, did charity work several times, had a great job, great social life, and lots of other things. Did a lot of things with my family, learned a bunch of new things.

It's hard to be in the spirit of things, you know. Every year for the last couple years, I keep promising myself that I'd get my parents out of where they are, because it's not a good place. Staying where they are gets in the way of the spirit of the season, for me at least. I think that this ordeal is just a way for fate, destiny, God, whatever, to say, "It's time". Time to just focus on one thing at time. Stop getting distracted. Pick one thing-one work, one social group, one place, one study, etc. No more splitting yourself until you can handle it.

I tried to do a lot this past year. It was fun, but in the end, it wasn't fulfilling.

Something good came of all this carp...I think I've lost a few pounds. The tight clothes aren't tight...yay! Loose clothing are falling off...hey!
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:35 am

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:35 pm

I hate sourpusses.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:13 pm

I hate snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I measured our table out on the deck this afternoon. There is 18 1/2 inches of snow on it and that is all since last friday. Another lovely snowstorm is moving in tonight and will dump another 10 inches on us tomorrow. Bennett just got home from Cancun this afternoon. It took them 20 hours to get home. The closest they could fly into was Chicago and they were going to take the Amtrak home and they cancelled all of the trains. They ended up renting 2 cars and finally got home this afternoon at 2pm. He looks tanned and rested.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Oggs, maybe now you'll reconsider moving down to my neck of the woods.....
NO SNOW!!!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:41 pm

We're supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow.

I've had a bloody horrible day. It's bad enough dealing with the FDA inspection right before the holidays, but I have to deal with people's bloody know it all catty bitchy attitudes as well.

Then, coming home, it's like I have a flipping bullseye on my car or something. Some old guy decided he was going to go the wrong way down the road because he didn't want to wait his turn at the light behind everyone else to make a left into the post office. I'm turning left - in heavy traffic on a busy street - to find this dude coming at me head on. I had to slam on my brakes and had anyone been behind me close by I would have gotten rear ended. Then there were the two people who didn't want to wait until the light turned green to make a right, and squeezed by my rear bumper (I was going left), narrowly missing hitting my car. Then there was the person who was coming into my lane...and the lady on the cellphone who almost clipped me again.

I swear, people have their head up their ever lovin' arses.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Gads, be safe y'all. I'm scared to drive in the rain around here. I can't even imagine black ice or snow.

You all need to move here...to the bay area. It would be nice to have more good friends around.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 2:38 pm

Dallas - I will not move to Texas - I don't own a gun.......

Well - They just announced on the noon news that we have already had 45 inches of snow here this year. We have broken every snowfall record here on the west coast of Michigan. Last year our total accumulation for the whole winter was 87 inches and we are already half way there and winter just officially started last Sunday.

My poor dog can't even go to the bathroom in this stuff and he is a big boy.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:36 pm

Hmmm, Oggs and Dallas in the one state - scary thought - although D could work wonders for someone's social life!

The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Th_oldgirls
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:43 pm

My dental work is half done - 6 injections, three deadened canals, two fillings, one steel band. Just in time to eat soft food/goo for Christmas. It was an unexpected and expensive little exercise but now I have two crown to look forward to.

Damn, I need to marry a dentist! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Steph

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 5:05 pm

OUCH....that sucks, Nay! I hope you're not in a lot of pain.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 10:49 pm

oh Nay, I hope all the pain goes away soon. You'll be smiling some wonderful pearls, soon.
Back to top Go down
Birdseed
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:55 pm

Nay, I feel for you. I've been there, myself. No
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:45 am

Thanks ladies. The pain is gone but it's still tender and puffy. Hasn't stopped me having a cold beer! Laughing Tomorrow, I'll be gumming my seafood Christmas dinner.

It just astounds me how much these procedures can cost and I actually have insurance. How do others cope, particularly ones with families?

Have you sorted your computer problems, Alice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next