The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ranting Thread

Go down 
+25
andrea
jherriot
sami_stardust
AimeeMarie
celticwhisper
GerrysJewel
Misty
LadyNOLA
beguild
pamelajane
Dallas
kimmy67
gindolin
Oggy
Nay
Lemuria
Sharabella
SuZQz
Helena
Steph
LegoJulie
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
Leo
DonnaKat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 pm

It's a shame all of this drama between members and sites has happened like it has, and I'll admit I've been in the center of it more often than I care to admit.

As I've stated before, I don't understand the whole blocking thing on Twitter. It really doesn't do anything useful, other than causing hurt feelings.

I'm sorry that one site owner's hatred for me has stemmed into the banning and blocking of my friends, and members of this forum. I know I shouldn't feel responsible because it isn't my fault, but it still makes me feel bad. In addition, it has caused tension between people who feel that there's a conflict of interest when one is a member of both sites.

If you want to be a member of this forum and Gerrylicious, GALS, .net, Weirdly Obsessive, etc. or even IMDB...I don't have a problem with it. It is not my job to police and try to control members outside of this forum. My responsibility lies here and here only. I know we have a good thing here, so I'm not threatened by how other sites are running things, how many more members they have, etc. It's not about 'us vs. them', because there IS no 'us vs. them'. We are who we are, and they are who they are.

I'm not trying to compete with other sites when it comes to registrations, Twitter accounts, movie chats, and the like. I know sometimes things run at the same time, but that's unavoidable. There had to come a point in time when I came to the conclusion that we were our own entity, and not a spinoff from another site. They have their ways of doing things, and we have ours.

I would to God that we could put aside all of these differences, but I'm afraid some things may just be too far gone to repair. It's a shame, really. But life goes on, and this forum has to go on.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:20 pm

There's a certain amount of loyalty when it comes to being more than a member, ie: mod, etc. Sometimes...I feel that way with MFO, but then I feel that being there is neutral territory.

It's a shame, because we were getting along so well, outside the fandom.

No loss on my part. I'm used to people flipping sides so easily, especially in this fandom. If we were friends only because of Gerry, then we were never really friends.

If you can flip so many times, it shows me how stable you are. I don't need instability in my life. I just went through unstable hell the last four months.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:56 pm

It's really simple, ladies and gentlemen members - If a member doesn't want to be a member here any longer, they simply PM Donna and she can fix their problem.

Then any sense of quasi-loyalty they may/may not have will disappear and they can focus their energy on those who provide them with a positive environment (or whatever they seek).

I deleted my membership at Gerrylicious last year and I have absolutely no regrets.

Some situations are simply black and white but people being human put too many shades of 'grey' into the formula.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I've been in this 'fandom' for over 4 years. I've enjoyed his work since Attila showed on tv...

Is it even worth it anymore? I love the friends I have here; the real friends. I am definitely not into 'competition' as a lot of women out there, feel.

Tomorrow is my local G group's fourth anniversary, and I've been stewing ideas in my head about what to write. My friends there, are the best and without them and friends here, I don't think I would have been able to get through the last four months.

I come here because I can talk to many of you. I learn a lot and have wonderful laughs and experiences.

If anything, I'm more of a fan of the people here, than of G.

But all in a NLW... Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:22 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
If anything, I'm more of a fan of the people here, than of G.
Amen!
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Uhhhhh....

Is anybody up for chat tonight?

You all know how I can go off....but I won't.

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm

psst...pantry chat, get your bum in chat...
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:16 am

Now I get a blurb on my instant messenger from ANOTHER goon from my past!!!

WTF? I thought I was through with these idiots!

How the hell did she get thru when I blocked her ass?

I did not click the link she sent me, but I was startled and pissed to say the LEAST!

I'm posting this above members only because I also want to send a clear message.

I have left you alone. Please extend me the same courtesy.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:53 pm

I don't want to get my teeth cleaned today.

I hate going to the dentist, even for cleanings. The scraping drives me nuts, and the toothpaste always tastes and feels like grit.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:58 pm

It is grit. Grit is what sands off calcium buildups on your teeth. Same as scraping off hard water deposits off of fixtures.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:43 am

I always wondered what it was I didn't like about toothpaste. I hate the taste and feel of toothpaste, and no, I don't eat it...sheesh! lol!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:24 am

The more recent gel toothpastes don't feel gritty at all. I don't mind toothpastes, but I really hate toothpaste foam. Makes me gag. Yes, I know, TMI. I conpensate by using too much toothpaste.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 pm

When I had to get my last impression done for my upper retainer, the lady told me she hadn't had anyone gag yet. If you gag, then the impression could be ruined and they have to start over again. Anyway, I was skeptical. But the woman said the key was to keep your head tilted forward. She was right, I didn't gag.

The thing with getting your teeth cleaned, though...they have you tilted back in this chair, while your mouth is being filled with all sorts of gritty, icky, foamy things.

Okay, I'm getting sick thinking about it. Time to stop.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:52 pm

The Ranting Thread - Page 17 816175
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Row, row, row your boat gently down the highway...
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:32 pm

I have a LONG day of work ahead of me.

And if that credit dude decides to stand by me again, I'm going to sock him.

(These are the useless individuals that pound the customers relentlessly to open credit accounts).

He's a lazy ass good for nothing loser.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm sorry you have to work sweetie. More money for more fun, though.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 1:17 pm

sigh....I got a newsletter from another G site, being that I'm still a member and all.

News is that G's up for another Hello magazine monthly poll. What I found funny, was that last time we had a big deal about this, this same site refused to support and promote the poll. It was the year end poll...a big deal for fans! I was ticked way off, being a mod on the other site and not having the support of one of G's biggest sites.

So, now they are changing their views? Good grief...

If you want to vote: http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mostattractiveman/month/index.html
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:54 pm

That would annoy me too but in all honesty I am inclined to think those polls are popularity contests that mean absolutely nothing, Alice. Does anyone think GB would be grateful let alone even aware of the poll's existance?

I'd rather vote for a terrific little website such as Pantry.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Ditto, and I know they don't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I was a mod for a group of fans for whom it did matter. I think I was more interested in the fans' happiness than in the winnings of a dumb poll.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:13 pm

That's the way you've always been, darling. That's what makes you a gem.

xo
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:37 pm

With all this stuff going on about G, and I, taking a break by updating a few fan areas I have, I found this, and thought..wtheck?

http://www.examiner.com/x-6008-Portland-Public-Transportation-Examiner~y2009m4d18-Brendan-Fraser-and-Harrison-Ford-to-film-in-Vancouver-Washington

Quote :
Brendan Fraser and Harrison Ford are teaming up for a medical drama to be filmed in Vancouver, Washington. It’s the first feature for CBS Films, which Tom Vaughn will direct. Fraser plays Doctor John Crowley, searching for a cure for the rare genetic disorder affecting his boys. His search leads him to Harrison Ford, an eccentric doctor using experimental methods.

Based on the book “The Cure,” by Geeta Anand, actors Keri Russell and Courtney Vance join the cast for filming on May 20-22 at The Columbian newspaper building in downtown Vancouver. (Photo on the right.) While not the first visit from Hollywood (“Nowhere Man” used the nearby Clark County courthouse), it’s the first to attract major names to the first city to bear the name ‘Vancouver.’

To get there on Tri-Met, you’ll start off on the MAX Yellow line northbound for the Expo Center. Transfer to the C-Tran #4, Fourth Plain at the Vanport station. Depart the #4 at its first stop after crossing the Interstate Bridge, between 6th and 7th on Broadway. Follow 6th Street west (away from I-5) for three blocks.

Another Tri-Met option is to take the #6 MLK Blvd. to Jantzen Beach. Transfer to the C-TRAN #4 and proceed as above. Portland visitors can also use the C-TRAN #105, I-5 Express. It runs from downtown Portland to the 6th and Broadway stop during extended weekly business hours.

Vancouver visitors have the C-TRAN #4 westbound to Jantzen Beach. Depart just one and a half blocks away at 7th and Washington Street. The #37, Highway 99 and Mill Plain, will drop you off on 7th St. between Washington and Main.

While you probably won’t get too close, Esther Short Park is a public space just to the north of the Columbian building. You’ll surely see some exciting things from there.

Doesn't sound like there will be a problem with fans like G's if the news source gives you the directions on how to get there...even by public transportation.

I just shook my head...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Okay, it was bad enough when I found out yesterday that someone with a HIGH SCHOOL education and 'assistant' position to me at my last job was making 10K more per year than I was. But now, this afternoon, I find out that the bigwig yahoos at my last company got RETENTION BONUSES. I'm talking lots of money, stock, etc.

Okay, so they can't afford to keep people or pay them what they deserve, but they can dole out bonuses to f**kups? Bonuses for what, pray tell? Putting the company in a position that it might go belly up?

There are people about to lose EVERYTHING. I mean, as far as the people that got laid off is concerned, I was blessed in that I got a severance package. These other people have been on call for damn near three months, with nothing but maybe some unemployment coming in. They can't cash 401K's, nothing...and some are in really bad shape. Yet the stupid jackasses are not only getting their salaries, but BONUSES too???
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:42 pm

It's such a stupid thing...

I saw something on the news that top people in the US make 400 times more than the average worker...

where as the UK is something like 40 times, or Canada.

It's so unfair. It really is. And what's even dumber is that it's only a degree in the right school that allows them to have that...it doesn't mean that they were smart, or intelligent, as seen by the default of their company.

Sometimes even those who aren't as lucky could probably do a better job. I know I could have done a better job with my boss than he did. I did a better job and he was an idiot.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:36 am

Agreed. It appears that the middle class is becoming extinct.

On another note, I was right in the middle of typing something on my laptop when it completely shut off, all by itself. Then I couldn't get it to reboot. I finally went into the configuration and reset the defaults, then loaded it up in safe mode. I am now performing a full system scan on it, and will clear all of the temp files, cache, cookies, etc. It's probably all of those stupid rag sites from India that screwed it up. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are full of trojan horses, worms, and viruses. I just hope my Norton catches what it's supposed to. I always keep my virus software updated, but that new conf*cker thing makes me nervous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranting Thread   The Ranting Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranting Thread
Page 17 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next