The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 5)

Go down 
+5
Helena Camacho
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
Nay
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:08 am

We still need more rain around here.

It's 35F right now. It was in the high 70's over the weekend. Forecast says 28F tonight. Bizarre!

I actually slept lying down last night. Haven't done that in over a week. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sleep Cough suppressant is wonderful.

Watched Rock of Ages on HBO. I actually like it. Well, most of it. It's rated PG-13, but I wouldn't want to watch it with my parents, which means there's way too much sexual content for a 13-year-old.

Not interested in Zero Dark Thirty. I am interested in Olympus Has Fallen.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm

I guess I wasn't subtle enough. Wink Actually, my internet was sucking even more than usual and I kept getting bumped so I finally gave up.

The news is I've been trying to come up with some new forum stuff for the changeover. It is easier said than done, though. I'm getting ideas, however.

In other news, I love The Walking Dead. I also love that Doctor Who is returning this weekend. I hate that it never seems to stop raining and snowing around here. My yard is muddy and my dog keeps getting muddy.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm here. I've just been busy. First with work----then my relatives called me and informed me they were coming for a visit. ( so cleaning was called for) This was my vacation week so they have decided to stay ALL week so I can enjoy their company. Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 65702

Oh well it's too cold to paint and I didn't really need to go shopping anyway.

Yes Julie, laying down to sleep is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:36 am

Glad you're alive and kicking, Shar. I too have visitors arriving as a lovely surprise. Luckily, I was able to get a few jobs done before they arrived. My instructions were simple - two bottles of wine per person per day. Laughing

Pantryites, one and all. cheers

May the peace of a Risen Lord be with you and yours this Easter.
Back to top Go down
Dani Blue
Random Babbler
Dani Blue

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:48 am

I just wanted to wish everyone a very blessed Easter! albino
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:28 am

Happy Easter, Dani! Same to all here who celebrate. Love y'all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:06 am

Happy Easter, all! Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 514922
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm

It is Easter, isn't it?

Happy Easter everyone.

My guests left at noon yesterday. I washed the breakfast dishes Pancakes and ham) and went to bed. I'm tired, I hurt all over, I have a terrible head cold and I go back to work in the morning.

Now I really need a vacation.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:11 pm

Happy Easter one and all - Dani, Julie, pisces1113, Sami, scorpio102675, Sharabella, Dallas, Kayanne and DK. May your pantry be full of chocolate and your home be full of love.

Moi yesterday ....

Before my cup of tea .... 5.30am .... in the front garden .... hiding choclate Easter eggs (small & large) amongst the plants .... pretending surprise .... getting a basket to hold the surplus .... comparing how many each sprog had .... suffering later in the day because of sprogs' sugar overload and resulting grumpiness .... Rolling Eyes

Casa Nay last night .... visitors departed .... one beer, one glass of wine and one bowl of rum raisin icecream later .... dogs calmer .... house quieter .... and cleaner ....
sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in my own bed.
Sleep
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:44 pm

Rest, relax and enjoy, Nay!

My Easter was ok......NASTY sinus headache has put a damper on things, but it could be worse, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Sprogs? *looks up 'sprog'* Aha! A limey term meaning child(ren).

Sprogs and frogs. What a place.

We use plastic eggs filled with some candies (not a lot), small toys, and money. They get most excited about money once they're past toddlerhood. And no sugar highs or crashes.

Shara, sami, anyone else not at their best, get well.

We stayed home. No intruders visitors. It hailed some mid-afternoon. Offspring was thrilled to see hailing.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 pm

Happy belated Easter, everyone! Sorry I've been MIA, but work has been extremely crazy, and to top it off I caught a bug or something. Then on Easter morning, my poor kitty Mr Whiskers had another spell. For those of you who don't know, he has been battling CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) for a few years now, and it looks like his little body is finally shutting down. He's been a fighter, but I've been struggling with the fact that I'm going to have to let him go soon. He has his ups and downs, but he really scared me yesterday - throwing up, diarreah, the works. I gave him his medicine this morning and he's resting, but he still won't eat and is sleeping a lot. I was going to take him in tonight, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, especially since he seemed to be doing better. But I know I'm only delaying the inevitable. So anyway, I just spent the past 2 hours or so disinfecting the basement and right now have them both confined to a non-carpeted area. Angel seems to be taking the confinement in stride, and I think she senses something is wrong. If he doesn't make it and I'm not around, I at least want her to be close by.

I knew this was going to hit me hard, but thank goodness I have little Coco to ease the pain, if only a little.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:33 pm

Praying for you and Mr Whiskers, DK! LOVE!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:22 am

Me, too.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 am

Dear Donna,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. I know it has been coming for a while and he has had a good life with you but that doesn't make the final days/hours/moments any easier. For Mr Whiskers' sake, I hope he goes with you in his sight and his cat and dog friends nearby. My aim is a peaceful passing for both of my boys with me holding them and talking to them. I know I shall be a blithering mess doing that though as I expect you will be.

Hugs and puppy licks from Nay, Bud and Jord x.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:16 am

Just a few months ago, my beloved Tigger passed away in my arms, so I know how hard it is on you. I'm holding you and Mr. Whiskers in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 am

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 TheBoysMarch2013_zpsb9fd998e
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:30 am

Awwwwwww!!! I love you
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:35 pm

DK--Praying for your comfort. I am so sorry.

Nay--Cute, cute, cute. I want to hug them both!

Six days before the wedding and I am exhausted. We had a whirlwind the past three days and I have slept most of the day recovering. My wonderful fiance and I have stuck to our schedule despite a lot of challenges. I am still working both jobs so he has been taking care of most everything else between his work. Our families have melded together beautifully. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I am just ready for our lives to begin.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Kayanne! You sound so happy, exhausted but happy. Your future husband seems like a man who knows how to pull his own weight (ie. help *translation for Julie*) and I hope he makes you feel special and appreciated. Try to rest up a little before the big day. The last thing you want is to become sick when all you want to do is dance, eat and 'play around'. Wink

Sami .... would you like to come and visit my little men?

Randoms:

With the recent deluge of rain, I have lost some of my healthiest lavendar and rosemary plants - some over 1 metre tall. Conseqently, three garden beds have great holes where I've pulled the dead/dying plants out. Last month, I replanted one area after pumping some compost and extra soil into it. Today, I'll replant another one after hoeing some sand, compost and gypsum yesterday. It's hard physical work but so rewarding to see new life appear. Now if only I can keep two beagles away.

Last Friday night, some friends and I had a progressive French dinner party. Entree at K's house, main at mine, dessert at K's again. French Onion soup, Beef Daube with garlic mashed potatoes and crusty bread and French Country Apple Pie. Too many bottles of wine to count - there were 7 of us after all. I dressed my table with fresh rosemary, chalkboard placemats, mini-easels, white linen tablecloth covered with butcher paper so people could draw or comment on the meal. Many stories shared, many tales told, much laughter and plans for another one or three.

PS. Recovery the next day involved drinking a lot of water and snoozing ... and I haven't had alcohol since.

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01894_zps766f3ff6

Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 DSC01893_zps9567b710
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 pm

I would totally love to come visit your boys, and I just know we would all love each other!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:09 pm

I've always thought we would get along like a house on fire, Sami. Conversation would certainly include sniggering about Senor Buttmunch.

Random:

Garden finished. Showered. New woman.

Now watching 'Skyfall' and Bond in Scotland. Oh, I wish I was returning there soon.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:10 pm

Wink Sniggering....we can do that.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 am

Dinner at my house? You fend for yourself.

Cute setting, Nay.

Good thing you have all that rain to put out the fire you and sami are starting.

kayanne, have a wonderful wedding and start of a new chapter in your life.

DK, thinking about you and the kitties.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 am

Fend for ourselves? Suspect

You wouldn't even Kate Moss us some Jim Skinner? Some 'ostess ya 're, Julie!

Sniggering is on the to-do list now, Sami. We can even point and laugh if you want. (I'm thinking about those pink swim trunks) Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 5)   Say something random about you (Part 5) - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 5)
Page 12 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next