The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Drunk Owl Taken In By German Police

Apparently public intoxication is a reason for police to intervene with animals as well as humans. German police recently found a drunk owl out in public and took in the animal, saying it would be released once it has sobered up.

A spokesman for the Pforzheim police reported to Spiegel Online that "a woman walking her dog alerted the police after seeing the bird sitting by the side of the road oblivious to passing traffic." When police found the brown owl, it was staggering around with drooping eyelids. As further evidence of the owl's drunkenness, two small bottles of Schnapps were found near the bird.

The police took the owl to a local expert who has treated "alcoholized birds" in the past. This bird is being given plenty of water, and will be free to go when sober.

This is certainly not the first time that an animal has been caught in a drunken escapade. There was the badger who got so drunk on overripe cherries that he staggered into the middle of a road in Germany. Then there are the wallabies who get so high on opium poppies that they can't hop straight. Not to mention the monkeys who steal cocktails from tourists, the elephants who tragically killed three people in a drunken rampage, or the boozing buffalo who likes to hit the dance floor.

As for the owl who's about to experience a killer hangover, we just hope nobody leaves anymore alcohol lying around for him to have a hoot with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/18/drunk-owl-taken-in-by-ger_n_810571.html?ref=fb&src=sp
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 am

What about the overripe cherries and opium poppies?

I once got drunk on bad orange juice. I didn't realize it was alcohol-y until after I've chugged about 2 glasses worth. I was walking around the college campus, which was a bit hilly, and the ground kept moving. Felt like I was gliding along. That was a lot of fun!

The next time I drank on purpose I was sick in bed for 3 days. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:10 am

So now you know. Always mix your booze with orange juice.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:17 pm

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 415251
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Fess up, Julie. The orange juice was laced with alcohol, it wasn't bad. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 pm

No, really. I was going back to college after spending the weekend at home, and my parents gave me food and drinks to take back with me. They handed me the juice jug not knowing it had turned.

I personally don't like the taste of alcohol. It ruins other tastes.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Unfortunately, alcohol makes me hungry. bounce
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

Alcohol raises my body temperature and makes me want to take off as many clothes as possible. That's why I don't drink in public, if ever.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:18 am

There's something to be said for drinking alone. Some might think it pathetic, but at least the only ones who see you naked and eating weird things are your pets, and they ain't talking. The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 646968

You just have to know when to get off the internet and not pick up the phone.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 am

Quote :

You just have to know when to get off the internet and not pick up the phone.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 415251
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:58 am

Drunk dialling helps no-one, girls. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 am

And whatever you do, don't go outside so your cell phone gets better reception.

Hum----- and always remember 911 is not the number of the pizza delivery place.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 am

I know some winter boots have little pockets where you can put warm packs to keep your toes extra warm. How about using freezy packs in the summer?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:45 am

LegoJulie wrote:
I know some winter boots have little pockets where you can put warm packs to keep your toes extra warm. How about using freezy packs in the summer?

Boots might look bit out of place. How about freezy pack flip-flops?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:54 am

Flip flops are out, open toed.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 8:21 pm

RIP, Aunt Thelda. Mom called yesterday and told me she passed away at the ripe young age of 88. Heaven gained another angel.

I had to miss work yesterday due to the foot of snow we got. It's just as well, I wasn't feeling so hot anyway so I ended up taking it easy most of the day. More snow is in the forecast, it seems now we get more snow every other day. I am SO sick of winter. But I'm glad it's Friday. It isn't the snow I hate so much, it's driving in it (or having to miss work because I can't drive in it).
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 pm

sorry to hear about your auntie! she lived a long life, didn't she? hugs, DK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:53 pm

My condolences to your family, Donna. Did your Aunt lead a good, happy life? Were you close?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 am

I'm sorry for your loss, DK, but what a lucky lady to have lived that long.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 am

DK, sorry you lost your aunt.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:17 am

RIP, Aunt Thelda. My condolences DK.

What a long life. Wonderful, isn't it? Something to smile about....

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am

I'm not real close to a lot of my family and I hadn't spoken to Thelda in a few years, but the times I had been to her house she had always treated her guests like royalty. She was a sweet, sweet lady.

She was crazy about her husband (who also treated you like royalty), but he passed on a few years ago. Now she gets to see him in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 am

I'm sorry DK. Even if you haven't seen her in a while, I'm sure you'll miss just knowing she was there.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:24 am

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, DK. Your memories of your Aunt will get you through this.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:40 am

Thanks again everyone! I love you Really don't be sad for me, I'm okay. Like I said, I hadn't seen her in a number of years. I just remember how good she and her husband were to us.

It's snowing again. We got about a foot the other day, and the roads had just completely cleared and dried yesterday, and now here it comes again. I hope this isn't going to be one to go into tomorrow. I'm tired of using up all of my days off. I'm thankful I at least have paid days off to take this year, though.

Sunday morning TV is boring. I think I'll put in my Dark Shadows DVD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 15 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next