The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:03 am

You right click on the latest post on a thread? I always just regular click on it. It's working okay for me so far.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:13 pm

that same thing has happened to me, too, nay. (in the last couple of days) but...i haven't been right clicking....just click clicking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Just click clicking, Sami? No clacking or clucking? The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 646968
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:32 pm

i clack every so often, but i NEVER cluck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:23 am

I've been having the same problem, Nay.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 am

Thank you, Sami and Dallas.

Hey nerd girl! Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:54 pm

For Amazon.com buyers, you can get a $5.00 credit for rentals or downloads by connecting your twitter account to Amazon.com. (Later down the line, you can disconnect the accounts, if you don't like the idea.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_354954602_3&dv_si=1&docId=1000646031&

(you do have to sign in to see the deal)

Welcome! Please follow these steps to get your $5 credit.

Click the button below and you will:

* Connect your Amazon.com and Twitter accounts. (If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so).

* Automatically follow @amazonvideo. The message "I just got a $5 credit for instant movies and TV shows @amazonvideo. Click http://amzn.to/hh8gTP to get yours. #get5" will be automatically tweeted from your Twitter account.

Tweet and Get $5

After completing these steps successfully, browse for a movie or TV show at Amazon Video On Demand, and click the "Buy" or "Rent" button.

Please Note:

• Although the price shown on the "Buy" or "Rent" button will not change, your credit will automatically be applied to your purchase.

• After your purchase, you can confirm that the credit was applied by checking your order confirmation, which will be sent to you by e-mail.

• To receive this offer, you must click the button above to follow Amazon Video On Demand on Twitter and tweet the above message between December 23 at 2010, at 12:00 AM PST and January 1, 2011, at 11:59 PM PST.

• Offer limited to one promotional credit per Amazon.com customer.

• Other restrictions apply.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:07 am

Thanks, Alice!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I have been absent and/or quiet for a few days now for several reasons. One of the major reasons is the flood that has been sweeping through Queensland and affecting several of the towns I used to live in and the town I currently call home.

I'm safe but friends had to be evacuated from their town and may have lost everything (business & home). Other friends may not get home to see the damage for days as they've been away for Christmas/NY. Prices for fruit/vegetables/milk/bread will be affected and some local businesses may not recover.

Here are some images and videos to show you a little of what has been happening.

http://www.euronews.net/2010/12/31/australian-floods-extend-across-queensland/

http://video.adelaidenow.com.au/1714356502/Qld-floods-unprecedented

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/4499963/Queensland-flooding-could-last-weeks#share

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Skynews_558115

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 R695698_5282353

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 R694925_5270658

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Australia-floods-queensland-texas

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 An-aerial-view-of-Emerald-003

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 859479-theodore-floods

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 4041097

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 859479-theodore-floods

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 644749-food-drop-in-emerald

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 632314-flooding-at-theodore-where-all-residents-were-evacuated-earlier-this-week

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 351158-flooding-in-bundaberg

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 289788-floods-threaten

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 207901-flooding-in-bundaberg

The last photo shows my local hardware store. I shopped there just before Christmas. Lovely, helpful family business. They've lost everything.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 QLD-FLOOD-MAP-DEC_123110
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 8:59 pm

That's horrible! I know what it's like to be affected by devastating floods, we had something like that back in 1993. People lost everything, entire highways were underwater. It was horrible.

My thoughts and prayers go out to these people. I'm glad you're safe, Nay. It doesn't mean you're not affected by it, though.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Be safe Nay.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Please Nay, take care of yourself. It takes a long time for both people and property to recover from that kind of flood.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:15 am

Oh my gosh, Nay! That's terrible. It reminds me of the Hurricane Katrina aftermath here in the States in '05. I'm so sorry about your friends. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 am

Thanks for your thoughts, ladies. There are many people hurting and grieving for what they've lost.

I am safe and drying out. My house was never under any real threat. Today, I threw lime around underneath to kill the smell from the 6 inches of rainwater and the mould. My worry now is that I discovered a rotten house stump and I suspect there are more. As a result, I pulled off some side planks on the house which will allow the ground to dry quicker and called a very trustworthy Plumber for some long-term advice. Drainage has been an ongoing problem for this block of land it appears.

It nevers ends.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 am

Nay, if your house is pier and beam (instead of a slab- which it sounds like it is) then check to see if water is standing beneath your house. If it is, pump it out (get a sump pump)and put fans under there to circulate the air and dry it out. That will help with the moisture and mold. I'm sure the ground is saturated, and it could take forever for the water underneath to absorb into the ground and all the moisure to evaporate. Don't let it sit for days/weeks --- it will take that long to naturally dry out. The moisure can cause your subfloor (and your hardwood floors) to warp, as well as a mold problem.

I have had experience with flooding..........over $50,000 worth of damages-type of experience. PM me if you need some help/advice.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 am

Glad you're not underwater. Also glad you don't have a basement to deal with also.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:06 am

Dear Tex, thanks for the advice. What on earth happened to cause that level of damage to your home?

The excess water has soaked in but the ground is still moist to touch. I'm told the lime should help dry to out as well as other things. I'm very much hoping the Plumber has some designs for permanent drainage. That, with some other modifications, will ease the problem or even cancel it for normal storm water flow. I'll take some photos so you know what I'm dealing with.

Julie, few houses in Australia would have basements. Sometimes I wish I had a wine cellar but no ....... that could be dangerous. drunken
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 am

If the land in your area is uniformly flat you'll definitely have drainage issues. Worst would be if you are in the middle of the valley in the area, then all the water drains into your property. Hopefully your yards all slope down away from the house.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Oh Nay, I'm so sorry this news. Everytime I've seen reports about the flooding, I was so hoping you wouldn't be affected.

But I see, now, that has been devastating for so many.

I hope you are able to straighten out what needs to be done on your house.

How is Buddy doing through all this...let alone, you?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:58 am

We're both fine, PJ. More rain is on the way however.

For a change of topic:

Has anyone read this news report? Simply heartbreaking for such a young child to witness this.

BOYS SPEND CHRISTMAS NEXT TO DEAD MOTHER
Wed Jan 5 2011

A three-year-old boy spent a week over the Christmas period sitting next to the body of his dead mother because he thought she was asleep.

It is believed that 28-year-old Emilie Decroix, who lived in Loison-sous-Lens in northern France, died before Christmas but nobody visited the house she shared with her son until New Year's Eve.

The boy's grandfather phoned around Christmas time but the child told him: "Mummy's asleep."

The cause of death was quickly established — Ms Decroix had died suddenly from a ruptured brain aneurysm, the Daily Mail reports.

Her work colleagues assumed the single mother was sick and unable to call them. Neighbours assumed she was on holiday.

"Emilie lived alone with her little boy who clearly believed she was sleeping and might wake up," a police source was quoted as saying.

"Before the ruptured aneurysm she would have had all the appearances of a young, fit woman — the child could clearly not envisage that she might be dead."

Ms Decroix had not contacted anyone since before Christmas, suggesting that she might have died before then.

The child's grandfather called around to the house on New Year's Eve where he discovered her body with her son sitting quietly next to her

It is not known if the child managed to find food for himself. He was physically unharmed but is undergoing counseling while living in the care of his grandparents.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8192066/boy-spends-christmas-sitting-next-to-dead-mother
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:09 am

Poor kid! That made me cry.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm

Isn't that awful, Julie? That poor little helpless baby would have been able to feed himself from the cupboard or fridge but he might have been too small to turn the lights on. So he could have feasibly sat in the dark for all those nights.

Even in the midst of the trouble here in Queensland, it's stories like that that pull me up short and remind me how simple and easy my life is.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:37 pm

It's very heartbreaking. What a poor little child to have to go through that.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 am

It makes you think about the people around you, people you connect with. Thank goodness for the grandfather, but still.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:30 am

How tragic. I hope the child will be OK. I'm sure the story, if not the memories, will haunt him as he grows up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 14 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next