The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:47 pm

It's been a good week/weekend.

Thursday I found out my work made me permanent, along with a hefty raise in pay.

Friday night I went and picked up my new big screen 42" HD TV.

Yesterday I went to the Cardinals game with a friend. Even though they lost, it was good to get out and enjoy the day.

Today I went to a barbeque with friends. Well technically one friend....a guy I work with, it was his house and he invited me...but I met his friends and they were nice, so....

And I couldn't have asked for better weather! Now I'm home for the evening, and can actually sit with the windows open. Which is what I'm doing now. Sitting watching TV on my big screen HD TV, with the windows open enjoying the cool weather, my banana rum on the rocks and the fact that I can sleep in tomorrow because I have a three day weekend.

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 am

You deserve a good weekend. Treating yourself is a very nice thing to do.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 am

See - good things do happen to good people.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Look what the Texas State Fair is serving this year.

http://www.khou.com/news/Booze-done-better-State-Fair-to-feature-deep-fried-beer-frozen-margarita-101478869.html

Booze, done better: State Fair to feature deep-fried beer, frozen margarita

by Associated Press
khou.com
Posted on August 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM
Updated Wednesday, Aug 25 at 12:19 PM

DALLAS -- Fried food fans looking to feast at this year’s State Fair of Texas will have to bring an ID along with their appetite.

Eight finalists for the Big Tex Choice Awards, including alcohol-laced fried goodies, were announced Wednesday. Vendors at the fair that proclaims itself the fried food capital of Texas for 24 days and runs Sept. 24 through Oct. 17 are seeking honors for best taste and most creative new offerings.

Fried beer and deep-fried frozen margarita offerings will require purchasers to show identification proving they are at least 21, since both items have alcohol in the ingredients, according to Sue Gooding, a fair spokeswoman.

"When you bite into it the beer really does pour out," said Gooding, in describing the beer-filled pretzel pocket.

The deep fried frozen margarita combines funnel cake batter with margarita ingredients, which is then fried, dusted with a lemon-lime mixture and lightly spritzed and served in a salt-rimmed plastic margarita-shaped glass.

The other six finalists, also being judged Sept. 6 by members of the media, include a deep fried s’mores Pop-Tart, fried club salad, fried chocolate, fried lemonade, fried caviar that features black-eyed peas, and a fried Frito pie, with chili and corn chips.

The fried chocolate offering includes a white chocolate mini-candy bar and a cherry folded into a brownie that is dipped in chocolate cake batter. The club salad uses a spinach wrap surrounding layers of diced ham and chicken, lettuce, carrot strips, cheese and hickory-smoked bacon.

The eight finalists are among 62 menu items submitted from concessionaires.

"We just want everyone to come out, try different items and maybe in the offseason try this in your own kitchen," said Gooding, who did not have a calorie count on the fried food items.

"Come out here, enjoy the fair. We have 277 acres so you can walk off whatever you’re eaten during the day," said Gooding.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Weird!!

The fried Frito pie sounds good, though.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Now that I have a permanent job (thank God for that), I'm thinking that maybe going to Alaska next summer might not be a pipe dream after all.

They have a place called Chicken, Alaska. Maybe I should go there. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:51 am

That State fair menu is just a walking heart attack. Mind you, I am fond of fried ice-cream. Anyone had that?

Alaska, huh, Donna? Either pack a roomie or long johns! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:04 am

I love fried ice cream, fried cheese, fried potatoes, fried chicken, fried fish, fried shrimp, chicken fried steak, fried crab, fried eggs, etc.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:57 am

I have had fried ice cream. It's delicious!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Can't say that I've had anything gourmet-ishly fried.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 am

Well made tempura is gourmet. I love fresh out of the fryer shrimp tempura.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

uh, yeah, I don't do shellfish or calamari...the smell overtakes my senses
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am

Oooh, I love lobster, prawns, bugs, red emporer, calamari. All with good dash of lemon juice and tartare sauce. Hot chips too!

Perving
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:06 pm

I prefer a hot baked potato rather than fries to go with my sea food.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Did any of you know that the last Just Jared thread about Senor Butler has hit the 6440 posts mark?

Good grief. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:34 pm

What the %$#@&^%* is going on here? Mad

My new posts show up as new for me ... after I flamingwell made them! I have to log out and then in again to get the 'new' sign to disappear.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Nay wrote:
Did any of you know that the last Just Jared thread about Senor Butler has hit the 6440 posts mark?

Good grief. Rolling Eyes

I did not know, but then I don't think much of JJ.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 am

There's an option at the bottom to mark all forums as read. Or I think after you read them, the 'new' disappears.

It's doing it for me too, so I'm not sure what's going on. I wonder if a lot of other forums are having this issue.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:22 pm

I have, on occasion, had to use that tab "Mark all forums read", Donna. Perversely, I'm glad it's doing the same for you.

Off Topic: I realise it is Fashion Week in NYC and that Senor Butler is mourning that fact whilst he works hard in SA. It's not something I normally follow (unless laughing at his tight pants at Victoria Secrets shows) but I must admit to actually liking some of Victoria Beckham's frocks. Not just the fabric but the way they sit around the waist - almost modest in style.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Modest new fashion? What is the world coming to?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 am

I KNOW! Modesty may just be making a late return to society.

Unless .... you look at the slutty, skanky behaviour that appears in tabloids daily.

Sending a big warm cyber hug to Dallas for her Dad's operation today. Special lick from Bud too. I love you
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Words to live by...particularly considering I looked in the mirror earlier today and wondered how I could have managed to age five years in four months: Shocked

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.... but rather to skid in sideways, body totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

I've read that one before...whoo-hoo!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 pm

It was a nice afternoon so I decided to take a walk. On the way back, I tripped on some uneven sidewalk and took a bad spill, right in front of a bunch of traffic. Some paramedics were on their way back from a seminar and happened to see me, patched me up and a policeman had to drive me home.

I am EMBARRASSED beyond words. I'm all shaken up and feel like a damn fool. The cop was nice and cute, though. He and the paramedics said joggers and bicyclers take spills all the time. It doesn't make me feel any less embarrassed, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 9:40 pm

To h*ll with being embarrassed. I'm just glad there was someone there to patch you up and get you home safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 8 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next