The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

Sharabella, you'll be there in the blink of an eye.

Julie, aren't you a non-GB fan too?
The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 646968
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Em, I knew you were going to be visiting St Louis but it must have slipped my mind you being here on Easter weekend! You picked a humdinger of a weekend to visit! Very Happy

Nay...everyone knows Tom Baker is the best Doctor.

I've been very, very busy with yardwork these past two days. Since it's raining so much, you have to take what little bit of clear weather windows you can get. I just finished mowing the grass, but I'm taking a short break before I go back out there to weedeat.

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 166223 to everyone!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Osama Bin Laden is dead! I hate to be so happy about someone's death but I want to have a party!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:13 am

I hate the free TV talking head so-called reporters. At 20-min before the end of the show, they broke in saying Pres. Obama has an important announcement to make. I thought, Great, but tolerable if he talks fast. I waited. Five minutes later the talking head says Pres. Obama is going to announce that Osama bin Laden is dead. I thought, Great, there goes the fun of announcing. FIFTY minutes later, Pres. Obama shows up for about 5 minutes. I had to suffer narcissistic talking heads for 50 minutes listening to themselves talk. Why couldn't they just show the scheduled shows until they can see Pres. O. started to walk down the hall towards the podium?

I hate free TV talking heads and their producers. Mostly the talking heads. I need a TV with PiP so I can watch something else while the TV producers misjudge when the actual important people are going to show up.

Oh, yeah, I'm glad bin Laden is dead, too. I hope they have the right body.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:16 am

Yeah, the news reporters took away the fun of it, but still it's good news, if true.

I actually thought Gman would be in town, but then remembered he was filming, but found out he was in town, although don't know how long he stayed.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:22 am

Nay wrote:
Hello Alice, what's your news? Wink

My news? The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 153365
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:11 am

I am loathe to say I am happy about someone's death, even someone as loathsome as he. News reports here are saying the US has his body. I have to wonder at the purpose of that action. Why not verify it beyond any doubt and then leave his body in Pakistan for burial?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

They need the body to prove beyond any doubt that it's the right person and it's dead.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Isn't it too late for that.....didn't they "bury him at sea?" Mistake, methinks. They should have the body for proof!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:31 pm

They have DNA. I believe it. I mean, why would the President go on international television and proclaim Bin Laden's death if he was alive? I could see it now, Bin Laden coming on TV and saying "Am not" and Obama saying "oops, my bad". It isn't logical.....

There's a lot of debate on my Facebook profile as to whether "rejoicing" in his death is appropriate or not. Personally I do not rejoice in his death, but I do rejoice in that one less mass murdering tyrant is alive on this earth. At the same time, I am not so naive as to think for every OBL there isn't a hundred OBL wannabes wanting to take his place.

I don't judge those who rejoice, particularly those who lost loved ones on 9/11. If a serial killer murdered one of my family members, I'd probably feel the same. It's human nature.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:51 pm

I think the celebration was probably and mainly for achieving a goal. I'm happy to know the monster's head is cut off, but like DK and probably most thinking people, retaliation begats retaliation. They hit us, we hit them, they hit us, back and forth. It doesn't end, but it does say something big.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

I rejoice that ObL is no longer doing evils. It is too bad it takes his death for that to happen. Seriously? They threw his body into the sea? Idiots.

I liked it better when the news were full of Will & Kate. Nice to hear something happy after the Japanese quake and US storm catastrophes.

Mother's Day is this Sunday. Ugh. I love my mom, but still, Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:59 am

I've just listened to our news stating that his body was verified with DNA and then left at sea. A local Muslim (and Pakistani) man has also spoken to a local news channel expressing his relief that OBL is dead.

Now I fear for the reprisals throughout Pakistan and the rest of the world because we all acknowledge they will come.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:20 am

I have no problems with rejoicing in his death. It is justice. He was evil - and a mass murderer. I'm sure he's is shocked to realize where he is now and that there are not 72 virgins for him to enjoy.

I think the message is clear: You can run, and you can hide, but eventually we will find you and make you pay.

The fact that it wasn't a missle strike, but an "attack" with navy seals makes me happy. That decision made it possible for us to verify that we actually killed him (because we had a body) and it allowed us to gather intel from the compound. It also ensured that OBL was fully aware that that we were coming for him and that his time was up.

Justice.

The only thing that would make it perfect for me was if the special forces guy who took the shot was a Texan.....or had family who died in 9/11. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:58 am

One down. So many more to go, but it was huge step. It's just a shame that it has taken so long.

I wonder if burial at sea was a good idea. You know it's going to lead to the rumors that he still lives, and is out there just waiting for the right time to return. I guess the powers-that-be were trying to show respect for the religion while despising the monster who used it for his own ends.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Sharabella wrote:
I wonder if burial at sea was a good idea. You know it's going to lead to the rumors that he still lives, and is out there just waiting for the right time to return. I guess the powers-that-be were trying to show respect for the religion while despising the monster who used it for his own ends.

Very well put, Sharabella.

I thought the burial at sea thing was odd too for that same reason, that people might not really believe he's dead if they don't see his body for themselves. But then I thought about it some more. Surely they took pictures, just like of Hussein's sons. That way they can release them to the media at a later date if they need to. I'm sure it took them the full week, between the time they announced his death, and when he actually died, for them to make absolutely certain it was him, getting DNA evidence, etc. By that point, his body would have been decomposing for a while, so they couldn't hold on to it to show people. Plus, just like Sharabella wrote, even though he was a traitor to his own faith, and many Muslims around the world are happy to see him gone, I'm sure they still wanted to show respect, not to Bin Laden, but to other Muslims around the world, by disposing of his body in a way that would be acceptable to their religious practices. I don't know what Muslim burial practices entail, but they may have specific requirements.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:33 pm

OBL was killed on Sunday, not last week, and he was buried within 24 hours of death in accordance to Muslim beliefs.

Supposedly there is video and pics (and I think video of the raid) as well as DNA. Pakistan has also confirmed his death and al-Qaeda and Taliban leaders/groups are commenting on his death (which also is confirmation that OBL is really dead). For example, hours after Obama made the announcement, a top al-Qaeda ideologue promised revenge for bin Laden's death. And the Pakistani Taliban also threatened attacks against government leaders, including President Asif Ali Zardari, the Pakistan army and the United States.

So I am not worried about speculation and conspiracy theories. We always have those -- after all, there are people who believe Elvis is still alive and that Hitler lived out his life in hiding.

The fact that al-Qaeda and the Taliban are acting as if he is dead is strong confirmation, IMO, separate and apart from any other physical evidence that people can try to dismiss as being fake.

Plus, if he were alive, you know that they would be releasing a video pronto calling us lying American dogs etc.....

The bastard is dead and fish food.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:10 am

Oh, Dallas, I hope I didn't give the impression that I, personally, questioned whether or not he was dead. Of course not, I was just speculating on whether or not some members of Al Qaeda or other extremists groups would doubt it, and what we had to show them that might convince them should that ever come up as a problem. But, as you mentioned, it looks like now that that doesn't seem to be a concern at the moment. You are right that there will always be some conspiracy nuts. No matter what logic you throw at them, there will always be some people who will ignore evidence because they are just so sure Elvis is still alive, or that we never landed on the moon, or that Pres. Obama wasn't born in the U.S., or Hitler didn't commit suicide in his bunker. Those conspiracy nuts shouldn't matter in this case, as long as the major players in Al Qaeda and the Taliban are not questioning his death, and it sounds like they aren't.

And you are absolutely right about Bin Laden being killed on Sunday. Pres. Obama mentioned in his speech something to the effect of how he finally felt he had the conclusive intelligence needed for this mission like a week or something before they actually carried out the mission. I was confusing that with the day they actually went ahead with it. Which was, in fact, this past Sunday, as you stated.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:15 am

I knew that you weren't questioning his death. No worries. I was just giving my opinon. I also figured you confused the time of his death with the talks last week.

BTW, this just gets better and better!!!! Check out the Texas connection!!!!

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/121222854.html

Navy SEAL behind bin Laden mission hails from San Antonio

by CHRISTOPHER HEATH/KENS-TV

kvue.com

Posted on May 3, 2011 at 9:29 PM

SAN ANTONIO -- The mission to take out Osama bin Laden took months to plan, and we've learned the mastermind behind it all is from San Antonio.

Vice Admiral Bill McRaven is being credited with planning the U.S. strike that took down the world's top terrorist. He's done tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and he has written a book on special-ops tactics. Admiral Bill McRaven is the head of the Pentagon's joint special operations command.

The story of the three-star officer begins decades earlier when his father, who flew missions over the English Channel during WW II, got stationed at Lackland Air Force Base.

McRaven and his two sisters grew up in San Antonio. After he graduated from Roosevelt High School, a track scholarship took him to the University of Texas.

A naval career would follow, eventually leading him to one of the top spots in the Navy. KENS_TV spoke to McRaven's sisters Tuesday, both of whom still live in Texas. His sisters wished to remain unnamed.

According to The New York Times, the mission to take down bin Laden began in February when CIA Director Leon Panetta called Admiral McRaven to Langly, Va., to begin the planning for the raid on the compound.

McRaven's sisters say their brother is a focused man who, as evidence by the raid, leaves nothing to question.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:31 am

Dallas wrote:
I'm sure he's is shocked to realize where he is now and that there are not 72 virgins for him to enjoy.
I'm kinda hoping there are 72 male virgins of various sizes and colors and species (I love elephants) waiting to enjoy him.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!

Elvis is dead? Shocked Does that mean Santa isn't real and the Easter Bunny is simply an evil, chocolate egg-dropping mammal perpetuated in lies from well-intentioned conspiratists (aka. parents)?

For years to come, many citizens around the world will request details and pose questions about Operation Geronimo. It is their right, correct if I am wrong, to do so. It doesn't presume answers will be given nor indeed that they will be truthful. I myself have many questions as do the media and journalists world wide but I (unlike others) don't automatically go to the presumption that officials will lie as their first response. There's still have a small kernel of idealist inside me.

ON ANOTHER POINT: As a citizen from another country affected by terrorism, I don't need to see photos of a mutilated corpse to accept proof and I applaude the decency and common sense (along with tactical diplomacy) used in the suppression of said photos.

That'll be the last I have to say on OBL. May he spend his eternal days in a warmer clime.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:16 pm

You raise a very good point, Nay. Regardless of our opinions, etc. about an issue, and regardless of whether or not we agree the questions are warranted, every single human being on this planet has a basic human right (actually, in some cases, an obligation) to ask questions. (Although unfortunately, not all countries currently have governments that honor that right.) Free speech and the desire to seek the truth should not be suppressed.

Oh, and yes, Elvis is dead. However, Santa is real. The jury's still out on the Easter bunny. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:25 am

ThankyouGodforSanta. santa
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:09 am

Elvis is dead? But, but----That can't be. I thought I recognized him waddling out of McDonalds with a bag full of Big Macs only last week. Maybe he's just in hiding from all those bazaar Elvis clones running around? I hear that Vegas has an entire tribe of them.

***sigh***

Of course, according to Charlean Harris he's not just dead, he's one of the un-dead. She could be right. It would explain a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Who is Charlean Harris? Is she someone of consequence in Elvis World?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 20 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 32  Next