The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2

Go down 
+8
Sharabella
LegoJulie
Dallas
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
greyeyegoddess
Nay
kayanne
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Death tolls are around 40 or 50, total for the last 2-3 weeks of storms.

Saw an article about a girl mauled by dingoes on Fraser Island.

Hubby killed 2 coral snakes in our backyard.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm back in Dallas. I have been traveling and dodging the storms. I'm kind of tired of it - and tired of my weather radio blasting me out of bed etc. - but I hate to complain. We need the rain.
Glad you are okay DK. An F4 is bad. I've been around an F5 (years ago) -- scary stuff. The only way to live through it was to be underground.

ETA: major storms and tornadoes in east Texas moving east. I think some are in the Shreveport area as is hail.
Guess Gerry is going to get a taste of springtime storms in the south. Wonder if he's ever had to run when the sirens blow?

Hope he doesn't pee his pants. It's scary for those who aren't used to it. We typically go outside and look around when we hear the sirens....hahahahhaa! Then we dive for cover. And the hail and wind can be just as frightening if not more. I've had to get under the dining room table before because I was afraid large baseball-sized hail was going to come through the roof and ceiling and hit me. It was like the house was being bombed....

Last edited by Dallas on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Um, I know that the royal wedding is a big thing for some - especially Brits - but, wow.

I think Nay needs one....

http://windsorknot.today.com/_news/2011/03/22/6320417-keep-the-royal-romance-fresh-refrigerated
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:55 am

We had a tordano watch earlier. Storm moved east. No rain here either. *sigh*

There's a Kate & Will toilet seat cover. Shocked
And barf bags. And condoms. Uh-huh.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:38 am

Dallas, no. Just NO. Evil or Very Mad I had heard it's the Yanks who are actually going overboard for this wedding despite breaking away from the Motherland 200+ years ago. Knitted meerkats, Kiss me Kate beer, puppy bling, .... even a pizza!

I wonder how many lonely English women will power up their vibrators with those batteries. The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 646968

Wait, I see fudge. Yummmmmm Perving

Julie, the three year old girl wandered off from her mother and grandmother. The dingoes pounced and bit her several times on the legs. They are untamed animals (as they should be) in breeding season and the child was unsupervised. As a consequence and to some uproar, both animals were tracked and killed. People go to Fraser Island knowing that it is the last bastion of the pure dingo. If you go expecting to feed them Pal meat and have a photo taken, then you're a f*cking dimwit. In my opinion, those who are bitten, menaced or injured are encroaching on the dingo's territory. Simple as that. But then humans always win this battle, don't they?

Wow! Big storms your way, ladies. Please don't do anything brave. Stay safe, dry and warm.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:18 am

Hence the term, "Dingos ate my baby....?"
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Roxanne
Boringly Sane
Roxanne

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:35 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Hence the term, "Dingos ate my baby....?"

I just had a Seinfeld moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:18 am

***sigh***

More storms expected today. It's a little hard to get anywhere, 'cause if the road isn't under water , a tree or barn roof (or barn) is in the road. However, everyone here is unhurt and they all seem to manage to get to Walmart. Record flooding is expected--- so if I had a basement to hide in from the twisters, I would probably have to wear waders.
Back to top Go down
Roxanne
Boringly Sane
Roxanne

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

Stay safe everyone, I've heard about your incredibly bad weather down there... it's awful. I'm thinking of you all.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Sami, Dallas, Emily, Kayanne? Ladies, are you alive and kicking? I've just seen a map of the destructive paths of the those tornadoes. My God, what a force of nature.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:59 pm

i'm still alive and well! there are areas of georgia that are, well, gone...for lack of a better word. one little town, ringgold, has basically been completely wiped out. i feel so badly for those folks. have heard that there have been 200 deaths due to this rash of storms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 pm

This latest rash of storms made the one that hit St Louis last week look like kid's play. My heart goes out to everyone that has experienced loss from this. Alabama was particularly hardest hit. They don't build basements in those homes due to the climate, so the people probably died because they didn't have anywhere to go.

Sami, Dallas...I'm glad you're both okay. Em, Kayanne....??? Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I heard the Alabama one hit just south of the University of Alabama, a small town where lots of college students live. That's got to be extra scary, being young and away from home, some probably for the first time.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:45 am

Just saw Prince William and Miss Kate pronounced husband and wife. The Abbey looks like a park with all the live trees lining the sanctuary. Her gown is beautiful and not pretentious, to me. Looks like a 6-foot train only. Beautiful singing by the choir.

I hate coughers.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 am

I too watched. In fact, the whole one and a half since the Prince's arrival through to the carriage ride.

The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge looked genuinely happy and indeed she whispered that to him as they were leaving the Abbey. Her dress was pure, simple elegance and his formal attire was tres glamourous.

May they have a long, happy and fruitful ... and scandal free ... marriage.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:05 pm

I happened to catch the vows, closing ceremonies and part of the carriage ride while I was getting ready for work this morning. They both looked very elegant, and her dress was absolutely beautiful.

I hope everyone is doing well. I have tentative plans tomorrow to have a friend/coworker come to help me work on caulking my house. I say "tentative" because it's supposed to rain again. Rolling Eyes Depending on when the rain is supposed to move in will determine whether or not he comes this weekend or we postpone for drier weather. If he does have to postpone, I might go to the store and begin picking up supplies for all of the home improvements/repair I have to do this summer. I sincerely hope I can get a mower over my lawn this weekend. The ground is saturated and the grass is all grown out from all of the rain.

Oh, and I have to watch part two of the season opener for Doctor Who. I wish they had just done a two hour preview instead of leaving us hanging after waiting so long for the new season!! Suspect
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 pm

me too, DK, coz i didn't realize it started last week, so i missed part one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:20 am

Matt Smith was nominated for a BAFTA. That's the first Doctor to ever be nominated for that award. I think he's doing a wonderful job, and he had some pretty big shoes to fill in David Tennant.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 am

Hey everyone. Just wanted to drop you a quick not to tell you I am fine, both of my homes are fine. I have just been working and volunteering a lot. Nine deaths in my home county and about two dozen in the counties around me.

Sorry I couldn't check in sooner.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Glad you're ok, K.

Congrats to Matt. Dr. Who usually gets some kind of honor. Noel won two years ago, I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Hi, ladies! Let me check in. I'm fine too. I'm so glad to hear that everyone here is okay too!

Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. Real Life had just been keeping me busy lately.

There's been some crazy weather in Northwest Arkansas, but we are buffered from the Arkansas River Valley by the Ozark Mountains, so often the worst of the weather will go above or below us.

However, I was actually in St. Louis where Donna lives last weekend during the storms. Some of y'all may remember me mentioning my dad, sis, bro, and me were going to be spending Easter weekend there. Of all the weekends to vacation there. Haha!

Anyway, we were fortunate in that, though we heard the sirens, it didn't prevent us from doing all the stuff we really wanted to do. Plus, we drove instead of flew, so that damaged airport didn't affect us getting there or back home. It was a great trip. I took pics and will post some of them in the Members Only section later. Maybe Donna can identify a couple of buildings from my pics whose names I don't know.

I hope everyone has been well despite the storms!

Last edited by LadyNOLA on Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Can I ask a dumb question? What Member's Only section ?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks for checking in, Kayanne and Emily. I'm relieved to hear you are both safe.

Hello Alice, what's your news?

DK, Jon Pertwee or David Tennant are the two best Doctors in my eyes. This new guy has an odd face. Me no like.

There's another section with several 'departments' not visible to the public or members under 500 posts, Sharabella. All very secret squirrel stuff.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
Sharabella

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Nay wrote:

There's another section with several 'departments' not visible to the public or members under 500 posts, Sharabella. All very secret squirrel stuff.
Wink

Thanks Nay.

Confused Looks like I won't be a full member for a while yet. But, being mouthy, I'll keep working on it. Wink
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:14 pm

You're 3/5 of the way there.
I'm ashamed of my number of posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2   The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Clean Panty Thread Vol. 2
Page 19 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 32  Next