The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...

Go down 
+3
Lemuria
Birdseed
greyeyegoddess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm

I can't figure out how I did it, but I found myself on a social forum that really pushes dating or meeting people that you are interested in (darn if Michael or Gerry aren't there).

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Up until now, I didn't like hearing about how people met online. It sounded desperate, sick, etc. But I guess it's the norm.

When I was traveling in the UK, I kept wondering, how do people meet? There were no social activities to go to, to meet people. Young people went to clubs. When you went to the pub, you were there with friends. I was a little disappointed.

I know I should be safe and not put out anything that I wouldn't trust to a stranger. No meeting privately, not giving my number, which doesn't work right now anyways. And honestly, I'm really not ready for a relationship...need a job first.

I'm not desperate, but it's been years since I had male friends. In fact, it was the last millenium. I'm glad I have gal pals, because up until I hung around Gerry fans, I really couldn't stand being around other females. Bad experiences. I've always had male friends, until they all got married. It would be nice to have a few good male friends in the mix.

So chime in with ideas, experiences, and advice. I'll let you know what goes on, too, if interested.

~alice
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Birdseed
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Birdseed

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

This is a very good question and worth discussing. A few years ago if you were to ask me this, I'd be very much against it. Now, I'm a little more open minded.

A few years ago, I had no idea that I could make friend on the internet, then I joined a forum. I believe I have met the nicest people this way and can call some of them my true friends. So if that's the case, then why not try to meet a guy on-line? Of course, you should always be careful, but that's true even if you meet someone at the bar, or mall, or church, or where-ever.
Back to top Go down
Lemuria
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:11 pm

I am a little more hesitant of the dating aspect. Of course since being online, like Bird said, I have made some great friends. I consider some of my online friends my best friends. But once I had a date with a guy from eHarmony, now that was a disaster. Talk about a weirdo. Donna and Bird might remember my rants on that one from the Steve Bacic Forum.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 7:26 am

Oh yes, I remember...wasn't he the napkin throwing dude? Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Lemuria
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:14 am

That's the one.
Back to top Go down
Joyful

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:45 am

Well I think it can be incedibly risky. My sister started to day guys she met on line. I kept telling her that we would find her dead and burried out back behind some guys moblie home. Well she married this guy that she found on line about 2 years ago. She is wife #4 and I'm still not sure about him.

Last edited by DonnaKat on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This user has been deactivated.)
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Any kind of dating is risky. While I've only personally dated one man I met on line, he turned out okay. You just have to be careful, but that goes for anyone you meet, anywhere. I've met a few...ahem...real "winners" the old fashioned way, too.

Any time two strangers meet and decide to get to know one another, they're both taking a chance. Follow your gut about a person...your gut won't steer you wrong if you listen.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh, I agree Donna. Relationships are the biggest risk you can take.

Most of my friends I've met online anyways. I've hardly met anyone lately in "real life".
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:27 pm

Go for it!
Back to top Go down
Helena
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:58 pm

lalallaaa
I'm sorry I had to edit this out
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:39 pm

LOL!!!

Calm down before you have a fooking stroke!

(lol)
Back to top Go down
Helena
Helena

Number of posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I can't...I haven't felt like this in bloody years!
God bless the internet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenapapadam
Steph
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 pm

I am such a fop when it comes to this kind of thing...I've never really dated anyone...I've tried flirting with two seperate guys...both times I just flatlined...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...   What do you think about flirting online, or online dating... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about flirting online, or online dating...
Page 1 of 1