The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)

Go down 
+7
Nay
ladyremi
Tee
Leo
LadyNOLA
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Empty
PostSubject: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:00 pm

http://www.dressedtokilt.com/

Hosts: Sir Sean and Lady Connery

Models include: Sir Sean Connery, Tony Curran, Brendan Fraser, Reggie Jackson, Susan Lucci.

Judges to be announced soon.

Dressed to Kilt will be kicking off Tartan week in New York. Proceeds from DTK go to charity.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:52 pm

HOLY Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) 66831

Darn the economy!!! ARRRRGH!!!

Gotta find a job, gotta find a job.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 2:59 pm

So do I...but I'm still going. It might not be the smartest financial decision to make right now, but I need a mental break. Besides, I got a REALLY good deal on a flight and hotel, and couldn't pass it up. It might mean making some adjustments later in the year when it comes to trips I had planned, but once I find a new job I might not be able to get the time off anyway. I'm going to just go ahead and go, and use part of my income tax refund and some money I had originally saved for ComicCon.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:02 pm

do what you have to do, hon. We all need breaks during this difficult time, and it will be something fun to look forward to...
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:05 pm

sounds like a good idea, DK, a well needed break Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
do what you have to do, hon. We all need breaks during this difficult time, and it will be something fun to look forward to...

You goin' darlin'?
Back to top Go down
Tee
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Tee

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Hope you do go DK!! -- NYC will do ya good !!

I know you'll have a great time !! - and that goes for anyone

else that is going too ! --

Hope ya run into the G-man -- but even if not --
NY is wonderfull --- NY is so full of energy --

it's invigorating !!

Tee
Back to top Go down
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 pm

You know how freakishly jealous I am of you.

And Bren better be nice! He can be a jerk sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Complete Loss of Marbles
Leo

Number of posts : 1699

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Alas, I can't make it due to unforseen circumstances.

DK....you'll have to fulfill Helena's prophecy yourself. I'll be with you in spirit.

(lol)
Back to top Go down
ladyremi
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 4:07 pm

:p, DK, accomplish Helena's prophecy. You are our only hope. Razz
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Well I doubt I'm going to fulfill anyone's prophecies, but I'll try to get some good pictures. Wink

I did get me a nice red and black tartan outfit to wear to the event. That, and there's a Starbucks right next door to the hotel where I'll be staying...and a McDonalds. I'm set. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 am

Tartan? You'll fit right in, DK.

Do you have something spicy to wear with it? Like black tights or big knee boots or suspenders or a beret?

How about that t-shirt about GB and goats???

lol!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 pm

Oh trust me, I have my outfit ALL picked out. It just arrived this afternoon! Happy

If I don't nab some action (or at least attention) with this one, there's no more hope for me. But seriously, I haven't worn a skirt this short in a long time. Not that I haven't looked for one, but when you're as short as I am, mini skirt just doesn't mean the same.

I have a black corset top with red tartan sleeves, and a red and black tartan mini skirt. And I found the perfect black boots to go with it, too. I'm not sure about a beret...that's kinda French. Unless I'm looking for a French kiss. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:44 pm

hot, hot, hot!!!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:14 am

Remember, I'm too far away to bail you out of jail ...
Back to top Go down
ladyremi
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 am

A GB encounter in NY or Philly + DK's new getup = on fire! Perving
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:46 am

I'm not sure about a GB encounter. NYC is a great big place with a LOT of people. But I'm sure I'll have fun anyway. Wink

I'm sure there will be paparazzi at DTK. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do to them? or with them? or behind their backs?

It's too bad I don't have a video camera. I'd love to do some humorous vlogging that weekend.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:49 am

http://www.scotsman.com/entertainment/Fashion-first--Hollywood-star.5068839.jp

Fashion first – Hollywood star Andie MacDowell takes to catwalk for Dressed to Kilt

By Brian Ferguson

HOLLYWOOD superstar Andie MacDowell is to join famous Scots Sir Sean Connery, Brian Cox and Ashley Jensen at this year's Dressed to Kilt fashion show in the United States, The Scotsman can reveal.
MacDowell, star of Four Weddings and a Funeral and Groundhog Day, will take to the catwalk with her two daughters at the star-studded New York event at the end of this month.

Billionaire tycoon Donald Trump, who like MacDowell has Scottish roots, has also agreed to play a part in the show.

Organisers hope to secure last-minute appearances from tennis stars Andy and Jamie Murray, along with Scots actor Gerard Butler.

Dressed to Kilt, organised from New York by businessman Geoffrey Scott-Carroll, is one of the centrepiece events of the Tartan Week celebrations, which have been extended to cities across North America and Canada.

The event, which is being held for the seventh time, was shelved last year due to funding problems and Mr Scott-Carroll suffering an illness.

But it is being revived this year with the help of the Scottish Government and VisitScotland, who hope it will provide a huge boost for efforts to promote the Year of Homecoming in the US.

The cheapest ticket for the event costs $99 with a VIP table costing $10,000.

MacDowell, a self-confessed fan of Tunnock's caramel wafers, is just one of a number of American film and TV stars to agree to take part.

They include actor Brendan Fraser, star of the Mummy films, Chris Meloni and Tamara Tunie, from the hit TV show Law and Order, and Ed Westwick, star of Gossip Girl.

Other US celebrities persuaded to strut their stuff on the catwalk are supermodel Maggie Rizer, country singer Kellie Pickler, who shot to fame on American Idol, and New York Giants footballer Lawrence Tynes, who was born in Greenock.

Scottish actress Jensen will be appearing along with fellow Ugly Betty stars Michael Urie and Mark Indelicato.

Other home-grown celebrities due to appear are actor Jason Flemyng, star of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, supermodel Lauren Tempany, singer Sandi Thom and the current Miss Scotland, Stephanie Willemse.

A spokeswoman for Dressed to Kilt said: "The highly-anticipated event features kilted gents and plaid-clad ladies strutting their stuff down the runway for an A-list of judges.

"Traditional kilts as well as fashion-forward garb will be showcased in a lavish display of Scottish pride."

The organisers say Sir Sean Connery and his wife Micheline will be the official hosts for the event on 30 March.

Mike Russell, the culture minister, said: "Dressed to Kilt shines the spotlight on Scottish fashion and flair and creates interest in our talented designers within the North American market.

"I'm delighted that this year Dressed to Kilt, will showcase and promote Homecoming."
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:48 pm

hahahaha! I thought you were supposed to be putting away coins to help her out, Nay...ok, well, in this economy DK, you are going to have to watch yourself.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm

She can always wire money. Razz

I just got back from the store, where I went to get accessories for my outfit. I found a red necklace and TARTAN earrings. They were like flipping perfect!

Oh, and need I mention the necklace was on clearance for $6.00, and the earrings were only $4.99.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm so excited for you, DK! You are going to have so much fun. Your outfit sounds hella sexy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I just tried it on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:57 pm

And .... ?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 pm

I hate to toot my own horn, but it looks awesome.

Toot toot!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 pm

You're such a hornbag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)   Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dressed to Kilt: March 30, 2009 (Mansion, NYC)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next