The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex

Go down 
+2
LegoJulie
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 am

Rah roh......and so it begins. BTW, Alicia Marie is twitter.com/#!/AliciaMarieBODY - a personal trainer and fitness guru. I remember her tweeting stuff about Gerry in the fall of 09. And there was a lot of speculation about her and Gerry "dating" or whatever then. It was Sept, I think, but she met her boyfriend in Dec. and broke it off with Gerry. So it was very short-lived. I believe she dated him, but I wonder if this quote was embellished into this headline etc. Makes you wonder though because Gerry does seem "addiction" prone. So you all be the judge:

http://www.starplus.ie/gossip/gerard-butler-increased-painkiller-addiction-with-sex/7193/

1 March, 2012
He didn’t want to make any sacrifices in the bedroomRandy Gerard Butler got hooked on painkillers after using them to fuel his sex life, his gorgeous ex has revealed.

Trainer Alicia Marie dated the Scot, who recently came out of rehab, in 2009 and said she never had it so good in the bedroom.

But she claimed his desire to be the best lover meant he made his agonising back injury — picked up on the set of 2006 movie 300 — much worse, which led to him using more medication. She said: “He didn’t want to make any sacrifices in the bedroom, [making] his pain issues so much worse.”

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:07 am

Lesson of the day: Sex is bad for your back. Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex 646968
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 am

Here's what I read ...

blahblahblahGodhe'ssogoodinbedblahblahblahsoselfsacrificingformypleasureblahblahblahBrandiGmustbealiarblahblahblahI'mnotsayingthisbecauseIwasaskedtoblahblahblah ....

Rinse and repeat. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:11 am

Apparently Alicia Marie wrote the following article a week ago, when the news broke. Her article seems a little different than the Irish Daily Star.

http://fitpop.com/pop/ex-dude-is-in-rehab-actor-gerard-butler-checked-into-the-betty-ford-center/

‘Ex-Dude’ is in REHAB?: Actor Gerard Butler
Checked into The Betty Ford Center
Written by: AliciaMarie

Aw, I feel kinda bad. According to numerous media outlets including TMZ and The Daily Mail UK, ’300′ star (a guy I was seeing before my monster) Gerard Butler, 42, checked into the Betty Ford Center THREE WEEKS AGO for substance abuse issues. “Sources” tell celebrity news hounds TMZ that it wasn’t just for alcohol-related concerns :

Butler’s issues began when he started suffering from severe pain following the shooting of action movie 300 back in 2006 -

We’re told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford 3 weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ … Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

Why do I care, you ask…? It’s Alicia dirt time…sigh.
I was seeing Gerry for a short period, actually right before I met my chewygooberface, Jace. Gerry is a really, really sweet, open, funny guy. Who can talk your ear off - in a good way though!

I am usually not glib about my, er, ‘love life,’ past, present, whatever – but you get to a certain point in your life where you just stop caring because you realize that people are going to talk no matter what you do, so be it.

I just hope that Gerard gets well and is able to handle whatever issues he has…so that he can continue to create good cinema – it is what the man is. In any case, he has a huge fan base that is incredibly supportive. I’m sure they have some ‘Gerry rallies’ or the like planned. #justgetwellgerry

-AM

BTW: The Jace has met Gerry – thinks he’s swell.

Source Love: TMZ, The Daily Mail, The Belfast Times,

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Blind Items Revealed

December 12, 2011

This foreign born A list movie actor who has not done much with his A list status so is probably slipping to B has run through many women during his time in Hollywood. The problem is they all know of his umm shortcomings in the bedroom. Not only his tiny endowment, but also the fact that he has some premature problems if you know what I mean. He tried dating women from other countries, but they also caught on so now our actor has dated two people in the past two months. Both of them are high school seniors. Legal, but are so excited about dating him they don't care that he is awful in bed and his ego has never been bigger.

Gerard Butler

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/03/blind-items-revealed.html
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 pm

That guy needs to be in a relationship where sex is only a part of it, not the end-all-be-all.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 am

If that's true, it's disgusting and sad. Any man in his 40's who feels the need to date a high school senior because he feels inadequate needs to address the real issue. Girls grow up eventually. Going from conquest to conquest is not the solution, and the conqueror will continue to go through live lonely and sad.

But I guess that keeps the person from being alone with himself/herself, so as not to face the real problem....self loathing. Steve Harvey said it best - how can you expect someone else to love you if you hate yourself???
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 am

Kaiser weighs in again (and the comments are interesting):

http://www.celebitchy.com/212844/was_gerard_butler_using_painkillers_to_keep_up_with_his_sexual_performance/

Was Gerard Butler using painkillers to keep up with his sexual performance?

Gerard Butler did undercover rehab for approximately three weeks, by most accounts. Allegedly, he was having problems with prescription pills and maybe cocaine too. Unfortunately, I have some misgivings about this whole situation – I’ll buy that Gerard was having a pill problem, and I’ll buy that he was having issues with recreational drugs too. But why did he only go to rehab for three weeks? Did he leave early so he could make it to the post-Oscar Vanity Fair party? And what does it mean if Gerard’s first week out of rehab involves not only huge (cocaine-soaked) Oscar parties, but also a trip to a nightclub AND an event for the launch of a new rum? Sketchy, right?

Anyway, we got a tip about this somewhat random gossip story about Gerard and his pills. According to one of Gerard’s ex-lovers, The Butler was only poppin’ pills to dull his back pain… because he wanted to keep on screwin’.

Randy Gerard Butler got hooked on painkillers after using them to fuel his sex life, his gorgeous ex has revealed.

Trainer Alicia Marie dated the Scot, who recently came out of rehab, in 2009 and said she never had it so good in the bedroom.

But she claimed his desire to be the best lover meant he made his agonising back injury — picked up on the set of 2006 movie 300 — much worse, which led to him using more medication. She said: “He didn’t want to make any sacrifices in the bedroom, [making] his pain issues so much worse.”
[From Starplus]

I actually went on one of The Butler’s fan-forums (those bitches make my Fassbender-lunacy look quaint), and they identify this Alicia Marie woman as someone Butler was seeing somewhere in the summer/fall of 2009. I wonder if he remembers her name? Anyway, the more I hear about The Butler, the more I think my years-long jokes/assumptions are dead-on. The man has addiction issues, but maybe he’s not dealing with one of his biggest addiction issues: sex addiction. When you’re popping painkillers right and left all because you want to keep bonin’ and bonin’, maybe the problem isn’t JUST the pills, you know? Gerard Butler is living the movie Shame. Sigh… and now I’m thinking about Fassy again.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:00 am

Quote :
those bitches make my Fassbender-lunacy look quaint

We ain't no beeeeotches. Well, maybe I am. Wink

Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am

"Trainer Alicia Marie dated the Scot, who recently came out of rehab, in 2009 and said she never had it so good in the bedroom.

But she claimed his desire to be the best lover meant he made his agonising back injury — picked up on the set of 2006 movie 300 — much worse, which led to him using more medication. She said: “He didn’t want to make any sacrifices in the bedroom, [making] his pain issues so much worse.”[From Starplus]
"

Frankly I dont believe this trainer Alicia Marie said all of this. I'm more apt to believe her own admittance that she dated Gerry. As you can see she was classy enough NOT to give details. This STARPLUS problably took what she already said and exaggerated it a bit. What woman who is very happy with a current flame would suggest that her past boyfriend was better in bed? Or have the nerve to say it if it was true?

I think that alot of these "blind items" are exaggerated as well frankly. Gerry may not be perfect and may not be an angel but these items will take a little bit of truth and spread it to 90 degrees so to say. I may sound a bit naive to you guys but........
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:58 am

LegoJulie wrote:
That guy needs to be in a relationship where sex is only a part of it, not the end-all-be-all.

Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex 904518

DonnaKat wrote:
If that's true, it's disgusting and sad. Any man in his 40's who feels the need to date a high school senior because he feels inadequate needs to address the real issue. Girls grow up eventually. Going from conquest to conquest is not the solution, and the conqueror will continue to go through live lonely and sad.

But I guess that keeps the person from being alone with himself/herself, so as not to face the real problem....self loathing. Steve Harvey said it best - how can you expect someone else to love you if you hate yourself???

Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex 904518

But, who knows what's true and what's just tabloid National Enquirer-style trash? Both Alicia (if she's even being quoted properly at all, let alone telling the truth) and Brandi ranked him high in the bedroom department, yet this blind item would have us believe he has a reputation around not only Hollywood but the world for being lacking in that department. Whatever. Maybe he went after 18-year-olds, maybe not. I wouldn't be overly shocked if it were true, but I also think it's entirely possible it isn't. I'm holding out hope it's not.

luvthatgerryjuice wrote:
This STARPLUS problably took what she already said and exaggerated it a bit. What woman who is very happy with a current flame would suggest that her past boyfriend was better in bed?[/b] Or have the nerve to say it if it was true?

Exactly.

DonnaKat wrote:
Quote :
those bitches make my Fassbender-lunacy look quaint

We ain't no beeeeotches. Well, maybe I am. Wink

A) If you are a bitch, Donna, then I am the Queen of England. B) Of all the crazy sites in Gerry fandom she could be referring to, I think it's pretty safe to say this isn't the one. Wink
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:58 am

I think you're right. It's some folks on the other fansites that think I'm a beeeeotch. Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex 646968

That being said, I've been "friends" with Alicia Marie on Facebook for a while now, and I've never known her to be indiscreet. Honest, up front and sometimes humorously blunt, but never in a mean way. She's never had anything unkind to say about Gerry, on the rare occasion she has mentioned him at all. I personally believe this has been HIGHLY embelleshed.
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 am

More proof that no one will ever know what the truth is!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Jennifer-Aniston-Made-Gerard-Butler-Go-to-Rehab-Says-Report-256516.shtml

Jennifer Aniston Made Gerard Butler Go to Rehab, Says Report

Gerard Butler quietly sought help for an addiction to prescription pills, having walked out of rehab just two days before the Oscars 2012. It would seem that good friend Jennifer Aniston had a hand in the decision.

The latest print issue of the National Enquirer (story via here) claims that Gerard would have probably not gone to rehab had it not been for Aniston, with whom he remains good friends after a brief fling a while ago.

The two worked together on “The Bounty Hunter” and even dated for a while, rumor has it. They're still good friends, the latest tabloid report would have us believe.

According to the Enquirer, Aniston saw that Gerard was in trouble and staged an intervention to make him get help.

She already knew that was the best course of action to take, having heard the story many times from her current boyfriend, Justin Theroux, who is no stranger to substance abuse himself.

“Worried about her ex-beau, Jennifer Aniston convinced Gerard Butler to go into rehab for substance abuse, sources tell The Enquirer. Aniston told Butler to seek help, citing her beau Justin Theroux as a shining example of how to beat drug addiction,” the tab says.

An unnamed but admittedly reliable source says that Aniston pleaded with Gerard to get help before it was too late, telling him that, if Justin could kick his addiction to heroin, so could he.

“Jennifer saw that Gerard was in need of help and told him to pack his bags and head to rehab. She said it’s not too late for him to get his life back on track, and it takes a bigger man to admit his problems,” the insider explains.

“Justin went through a strict rehabilitation program and Jennifer told Gerard how he pulled himself together. Jennifer said he can do it too, before his problem turns into something worse,” adds the spy.

As we also reported at the time, Gerard Butler was an in-patient at the Betty Ford Clinic for 3 weeks, where he was treated for addiction to painkillers, which he started taking for injuries sustained during training for “300.”

Didnt articles say that it was KATY PERRY who encouraged him to go to rehab??? And reports are STILL insisting that Jen and Gerry were dating!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 am

Next we are going to see articles about that Indian woman telling GB to go to rehab. Then it's going to be his pleading mother. Then it's going to be some actress co-star, then another actress co-star, then another actress co-star.

Who I think got GB into rehab? His buddy manager Alan. That's one man with real influence on GB, and has real interests in GB's well being and good reputation. At the very least it's financial. He makes a living off of GB's work. If GB doesn't work, Alan doesn't get paid. I'm sure he has genuine concerns for GB as a friend, too.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:17 am

I agree with Julie.

I'm sure this is just a badly written sentence, but...

Quote :
An unnamed but admittedly reliable source says that Aniston pleaded with Gerard to get help before it was too late, telling him that, if Justin could kick his addiction to heroin, so could he.

Next thing you know the tabloids will be saying Gerry was taking heroin.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex   Gerard Butler increased painkiller addiction with sex Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Next thing you know the tabloids will be saying Gerry was taking heroin.
Totally.

Have they mentioned steroids and his physique yet?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1