The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 4)

Go down 
+7
Nay
Sharabella
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
andrea
DonnaKat
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:35 am

Mebbe nothing else to do on those cold Swedish nights, Julie?

Random:

I am stuffed. Burger. Bacon. Rib fillet.

If I dies in my sleep, please don't leave flowers on my grave. I'm allergic.

PS. What would you have on your gravestone??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 am

I'll leave bacon.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:18 am

LadyNOLA wrote:

Congratulations, PJ, on your son's wedding! That's neat you used the word "chitlens". I remember my mom calling us that, or something like it. It's interesting to see others use that word, and she didn't make it up. My mom had a lot of funny little terms. There's no telling on some of them, which ones she made up and which ones others use. Smile

Thanks, Em. My Mother used to use that expression too. That's where I picked that up. All sorts of "expressions" in our family too. Your Mom sounded like a fun lady.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Nay wrote:
Random:

I am stuffed. Burger. Bacon. Rib fillet.

If I dies in my sleep, please don't leave flowers on my grave. I'm allergic.

Holy Cholesterol, Batman!!! Did you eat that all at one meal? I don't think a burger or bacon is a side dish. Eat a green vegetable or two, Nay. Dang, I'm a Texan and a carnivore and that's even too much meat for me!!

He he.
I said meat.

Sorry, crazy from the heat.

*I'm a poet!!!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:34 pm

Dallas wrote:
...that's even too much meat for me!!

He he.
I said meat.

Haha! I thought you were going to write: "That's what she said!"

Julie, I'm glad you looked that up. I was sure I heard they were related, but obviously not.

PJ, thank you. She was a lot of fun. Loved her "kiddos" and was very easy-going and kind. Just curious, where was your mom from? Mine was from Mississippi. I was thinking maybe it was a regional thing.

To answer Nay's question, one possibility I might like to have as my epitaph is a quote from Shakespeare's All's Well That Ends Well: "Love all, trust a few, Do wrong to none...".
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 am

Oh, I like that one, Emily. I too would choose a Shakespearean quote: To thine own self, be true.

DK, you would leave bacon on your headstone? Are you expecting Elmer Fudd to drop by??? Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 646968

Dallas, dear carnivore-eating, pom-pom twirling, Texan cowgirl Dallas, I meant that the burger was a rib fillet with bacon. They weren't all separate sectiosn of a meal.

PJ, now you've made me think about what my Mum says to us. "Come here so I can smack you" comes to mind. Laughing

Random:

TGINF.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:10 am

I survived the summer with child at home. Child is back in school. I now have hours in the day without "Mom! Mom! Mom!" or "Thud!" or "Thunk!" or "Crash!"
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:45 pm

LOL, Julie!

Nay wrote:
Oh, I like that one, Emily. I too would choose a Shakespearean quote: To thine own self, be true.

I just watched Hamlet on DVD this past weekend when my dad was in town. I wanted him to see it. I LOVE that play. I was just telling my dad how Hamlet has so many quotes that people either use today or are at least familiar with, even if they don't know where they came from. Your quote by Polonius above was one of them. Smile

Quote :
Random:

TGINF.

Thank Goodness It's NOT Friday? scratch
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 am

Nearly Friday, Emily. But that's redundant because it is NOW Friday! bounce

Alle-freaking-luia.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 am

Hello! I hope everyone is well. Still busy all the time, mostly with work.

Random: I just watched the MGP Trailer. I could barely get through it because of his accent. Scratched it off my must see list.

But I loved The Help! Saw it with a group of girls and we had a blast!

Last edited by kayanne on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi, Kim! You are missed around here. Sad

I think The Help looks really good. Glad to hear you liked it because I'm sure I'll see it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 am

Hi dear K. How have you been, besides busy?

Random:

Let me count the ways my Monday turned to crap.

8am Pissy start with inconsiderate woman.
Wet weather. Then wild wind. Not me, the actual wind.
Faulty printer.
11am Rushed lunch.
Changed timetable.
Cold wind came back.
1.30pm Someone (the new work colleague) called me 'darl'.
Mislaid message.
3pm Another disorganised woman.

Remedy ...

4.30pm A walk with my pup.
5.30pm Two glasses of vino.
7.30pm Ready for bed. Blood alcohol level higher than usual on week night.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:46 am

What's wrong with 'darl'?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi J. How are you?

What's wrong with 'darl'?

1. It was from a next-to stranger, younger than me.
2. It was close to children.
3. The topic of conversation didn't warrant it.
4. It's an endearment, not a substitution for someone's name.

Here at Pantry, I call some people here 'dahling' quite often but we correspond regularly and have history as internet friends. It's not the word I object to; it's the way it is used by some people. Give power back to its original meaning, I say.

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Kinda like phone solicitors calling me by my first name.

You can now assume the person has a bad memory and cannot remember names. You can take it upon yourself to reintroduce yourself everytime you see it. "Remember me? I'm ."

That or the person wants to date you.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 pm

I guess it's like being called "Hon" or "Sweetie" by a stranger. Especially a female stranger.

I don't usually wait around for telemarketers to call me by my first name. Calling me "Sir" is usually enough to make me hang up on them.

Random:

Sigh, speaking of gender, I have an appointment for a mammogram Thursday. I hate those things. Some things are just not meant to be squished flat.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 pm

I asked for a non-squishing mammogram, a thermography, which detects hot spots without squishing, since cancer spots are fed by more blood vessels than normal tissue. There isn't one in my area, so I'm passing.

I also read that every 1 rad of radiation used to detect cancer in a squishing mammogram increases your chance of breast cancer by 1 percent. Mammograms nowadays uses 1 rad, compared to 5-10 rads back in the 70's. Shocked More mammograms = more breast cancer. No, thank you.

How come tests for testicular cancer don't involve squishing balls flat? They can use ultrasound? What, ultrasound doesn't penetrate breasts?

I had a short friend describe her mammogram experience. Who came up with the idea of squishing breasts flat between 2 iron plates?

Sharabella, my deepest sympathies.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Mammograms are no picnic, that's for sure. But I have to strongly disagree with the notion that more mammograms equal more breast cancer. Mammograms are extremely important. As some of you know, my mom died two years ago from her third bout with breast cancer. So this is a cause close to my heart. Everyone should start getting them annually starting at the age of 40. However, if you have family history like me, you should start getting them 10 years before the age your family member was the first time they got it. So I had to start getting them at 30.

And yes, they do have breast ultrasounds. My experience has been that they usually do them when they detect something they can't identify on the mammogram, but I don't know if that is the only time they do them. I was in a car accident a year ago. I had some bruising on my breast and bleeding inside of it (the seat belt shoulder strap crossed this breast). The blood inside formed a hematoma. When I went to get my yearly screening mammogram, my hematoma showed up as a mass on it. They had me do another mammomgram (a diagnostic one) and then a breast ultrasound. The radiologist concluded that the mass was consistent with the trauma from my car accident and that it was not cancer. He can't give a 100%, but he felt good enough about it that he only wanted me to follow up with another mammogram in 6 months. I did that, and he still felt that everything was the same and consistent with my car accident. I'm getting another one in another 6 months. There's almost certainly nothing for me to worry about, but it is important for him to be sure and keep an eye on it, especially with my mother's history. Mammograms can save lives. You are supposed to check on your own too once a month. (Both a visual check for abnormalities and by feeling for lumps.)

Make sure you don't wear deodorant, lotion, etc. before the mammogram. They tell you this anyway. But it's important because the lady who did my mammogram said a chemical in deodorants can mimic breast cancer on the mammogram (or something like that).

As a side note, even though my breast injury appears to offer no threat to my health, it has caused a disfigurement to my breast that can only be corrected through plastic surgery. I have a consult coming up soon with a plastic surgeon. Fortunately for me, the accident was the other driver's fault, so hopefully insurance will pay for this.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:44 am

Oh Em, I didn't know about your car accident. You've really been through it. I hate mammagrams too, but I'm glad they have them. I just wanna laugh when they say, "don't breathe". Who can when your being squished?

Julie, here here on the ball squisher.

Nay, when do you leave for your trip? My very best wishes for a wonderful and safe journey. Sounds like things are pretty interesting at work. hmmm

P.S. My Mom was from Illinois, Em. I wonder if all their expressions were thought up or terms of the times or passed down from previous generations. What ever way, they were interesting and are still being passed down. I love you
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:54 am

Em, I'm glad you're alive and kicking. I believe mammograms do more good than harm. Any life saved is priceless. I just don't want to be squished.

Maybe Nay will follow in Sam Childers' footsteps and mow down evil in Africa.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:44 pm

Em, any mammogram is a good mammogram when it detects a problem. That said, I avoid them 'cause I be one of the Idon'tliketobesquishedbrigade. Pap smears fall into that category for me too. Must change my attitude, I know.

Shar, I like the idea of hanging up on the darl/sweetie/love pains. What's good about it - pretending there was a bad connection if they call back. heh heh heh

Hi PJ! It's good to have you back. I leave in exactly 24 days. Yes, safety comes first so I hope South African airlines is a reputable one because that's who we're using. From J'berg, we then fly east for the 10days land experience. So while you'll all be looking at GB's/Sam Childer's MGP Premiere photos, I'll actually be in Africa.

Julie, do you see me as a one woman demolition team for evil despots? Should I wear tights, a mask and carry a wand? My death ray stare is certainly in fine form lately so that's locked and ready to go. Suspect

Random:

It's been a wet week so far here but the last gasp of winter may be upon us. A warm front is on its way in. I hope to take my pup to the beach this weekend.

Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 DSC01040
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:24 pm

I hate pap smears. I hurt for days. Again, how many men would tolerate such a procedure? I'd trade "turn your head and cough" for a pap smear anyday.

Nay, the death ray alone should be enough. Especially if they call you "darl". Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 415251

What is Bumblebee cola? What does it taste like?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Just tights, a mask, an evil look and carrying a wand?

No, That just wouldn't be right.

Remember, you're going to Africa, not somewhere wild like New Orleans at Mardi Gras ( or downtown LA any night of the year.)
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Lots of women in Africa go topless so just tights and a mask are fine.

I would add a few gallons of DEET, a mosquito net, and a few Citronela candles.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:25 pm

All this pap smear talk reminds me of a great joke someone once forwarded me in an email. I looked it up again online. I don't know who to credit it to though, in terms of who originally wrote it, but here ya go:

The Washcloth

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, 'My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?' I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I went home. The rest of the day was normal ... some shopping, cleaning, cooking. After school when my 6-year-old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, 'Mommy, where's my washcloth?' I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, 'No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it.'

Never going back to that doctor. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 4)   Say something random about you (Part 4) - Page 42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 4)
Page 42 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next