The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 3)

Go down 
+11
Geranimal
andrea
DonnaKat
sami_stardust
pamelajane
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
kayanne
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
Nay
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 2:09 am

Touch football or touch soccer? Football means something else here, you know...

I prefer real contact football. My nephew intercepted a pass and ran it back 47 yards at Homecoming this past Thursday. He and his brother also knocked a few heads during the game.

Now that is football at it's best. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 am

Touch Football = playing with cone shaped ball passing with hands, not feet, tag/touch instead of tackle, tries not goals.

You are SUCH a boy, Dallas! Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 646968
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:57 am

I gotta agree with Dallas. It ain't football unless there's helmet crunching, grunting, and sweaty meeins tackling each other.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:32 am

DK, Dallas--that's what football is to me. However, I love playing touch football too!

My baseball team has a big game coming up this afternoon and I am putting on my jersey and headed out to a get together later this afternoon.

Random
Enjoyed some great old school jazz with some new friends last night. It was a departure from karaoke and dancing to the oldies but I loved it!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:59 pm

i've become an oldies fanatic! listen to the TOC a LOT. at least the DJs aren't annoying there.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Are you listening to that 106.7 Sami? That's my favorite in the Atlanta area.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 pm

yep. i sure am. afro
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:01 am

Random:

Today, stopped at a red traffic light, I saw an older lady walk across the pedestrian crossing. She had a long denim skirt on with a slit up the back for ease of movement. What struck me was that underneath she was wearing a petticoat.

It immediately took me back to when I started wearing dresses as a young lady. My mother bought me a half-slip and a full petticoat. I have not worn anything like that for years and years yet it is so much part of the older generation's styling. Actually, Mum will still pull one out for a very good occasion such as a wedding. But then she is of the generation that, as a young lady would wear a hat and gloves to 'town'. Me? Nah.

Anyhow, it got me to thinking .... as most things do. Rolling Eyes What practice/custom/ritual do you remember from childhood that is no longer applicable or important to you?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 am

Thank you, Nay, for making me think about my childhood and some of my nasty unchristianlike Christian relatives and family friends.

I thought I woke up grumpy. Now I'm REALLY grumpy.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 am

hmmm. will have to give that one some thought. there are lots of things about the "old days" that i miss terribly.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 pm

How the heck did you get from petticoats to nasty relatives, Julie? Grumpy bum!!

Thanks, Sami. Let me know what you miss.

Random:

RIP La Stupenda Dame Joan Sutherland, the greatest voice Australia has ever produced.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Nay wrote:
Random:

Today, stopped at a red traffic light, I saw an older lady walk across the pedestrian crossing. She had a long denim skirt on with a slit up the back for ease of movement. What struck me was that underneath she was wearing a petticoat.

Nay, are you talking about a long slip when you say "petticoat"?

Petticoat, to me, sounds like something a lot heavier, maybe with ruffles, that makes the skirt fuller and often is supposed to be seen. And that was never in fashion when I was a kid. I think they may have been around when my mother was very young or before she was born.

I think you may be refering to a long slip. I know that in the UK they call slips "half-slips", but a half-slip to me is a short slip as opposed to a long, full lenth slip.

And yes, I had all lengths of slips, and still do. Although I rarely have to use them. I mainly use them if I need a skirt to hang smoothly or if the material is thin and there is no lining. Most nice skirts and dresses have built in lining, so I rarely wear slips.

I also rarely wear pantyhose, which was a no-no when I was growing up.

Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

i haven't had pantyhose on in years......thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:15 pm

I haven't had pantyhose on in years either and I don't miss them. I hated them! Now I do wear tights in the winter with some of my short skirts.

What do I miss? That feeling you get when you meet a guy you think is "dreamy." I was listening to Katy Perry's song "Teenage Dream" and realized how bored I was with dating and relationships. No one has really moved me like that in a long, long time. Thank God I am a good faker!

Maybe my time has passed.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:16 pm

i miss my sanity.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:37 pm

kayanne wrote:
Maybe my time has passed.

I've been feeling like that myself. Sad

Unfortunately, I'm not a good faker.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Interesting question, Nay.

I'm not thinking deep enough to answer that. I'm more of, "What do you do now, that you couldn't/wouldn't do when you were younger" sort of person.

I hated veggies when I was younger. Even hated them more when my father told me that I had to eat my whole dinner, or I had to go to bed. I went to bed often, locked in a room-and there wasn't internet at that time, nor a tv in every room.

Now that I can choose for myself, and I'm more health conscious, I enjoy veggies without the threat.

I've always enjoyed being an adult more than a child/teen. My mother was overprotective and my father used a belt. I can't think of anything I miss as a child.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:21 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
i miss my sanity.

Not me. I was sane for at least 98% of my life. I don't miss it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:02 am

Dallas wrote:
Nay, are you talking about a long slip when you say "petticoat"?

And yes, I had all lengths of slips, and still do. Although I rarely have to use them. I mainly use them if I need a skirt to hang smoothly or if the material is thin and there is no lining. Most nice skirts and dresses have built in lining, so I rarely wear slips.

I also rarely wear pantyhose, which was a no-no when I was growing up.
Yes, that is what we called a petticoat, not the antebellum frilly thingamabob, Dallas. Pantyhoses were also a staple attire. I rarely wear those now and don't really miss them.

How about make-up - specifically face powder or foundation? I haven't used either of those for years and do not miss the extra gunk on my skin. I enjoy the feel of clean skin.

sami_stardust wrote:
i miss my sanity.
Hahahaha you always make me laugh, Sami! Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 646968
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 5:38 am

I don't wear powder or foundation. I never have. I may use a little cover up under my eyes when I need sleep and have some dark circles, but that's about it. I hate stuff on my face, and as long as my skin is good and has an even tone, I will never use that goopy stuff or powder. I wash my blush off as soon as I get home. I just hate having anything on my face. I mainly just wear eye makeup and lipstick. Even if I go out without makeup, I'll put on my sunglasses but I always put on some lipstick.

That is probably why I harp on Gerry's skin. I'm a big believer of avoiding the sun and taking care of it. I have inherited good skin, but I also take care of it. My mother has virtually no wrinkles and really doesn't need foundation either.

I also think photofacials are the best thing since sliced bread.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 am

i started wearing that mineral makeup about 8 years ago or so. doesn't feel goopy like most foundation and it has sunblock in it. we don't wrinkle much in my family either, but i've always protected my face from the sun as well.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:42 am

I rarely wear anything on my face and if I do it's a silk powder foundation. I hated having to put on all that junk when I was in TV. But i have been moisturizing since I was 21--every day. Like Sami, my family has good genes and most of us pass for 10 years younger. I am very lucky with the genes!

I do wear eye makeup almost every day. I have midnight blue eyes that change colors depending on the light and what I wear. In some pictures, they stand out but they appear dark and kind of colorless. In some where I am in the sun they are a lighter blue. Eye makeup plays with the color.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 pm

my eyes change color, too. it's always been a source of amusement to me to hear people describe the color.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:50 pm

It's interesting to hear all of us, who don't wear pantyhose or stockings anymore. I used to wear them all the time, for work and church, until I went to Brazil, got a tan, and didn't need them anymore. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:51 pm

i don't have a shred of tan.....just refuse to wear them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 3)
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next