The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer

Go down 
+5
Oggy
LegoJulie
Nay
sami_stardust
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Empty
PostSubject: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Sponsored by gerardbutler.net . Link:
http://www.gerardbutler.net/fan-zone/charity-effortsevents/charity-organizations/kids-kicking-cancer/win-a-date-with-gerry/

Quote :
Twenty Winners! Endless chances to show your love and support for the hottest movie star of this decade!

Support Gerry’s Kids – The children of Kids Kicking Cancer who are using martial arts breathing and meditation to get them beyond the pain, fear and anger of disease.

This is Gerry’s favorite cause. He has told children who are receiving their black belt at the end of their lives that they are the real heroes! And they are.

This drawing is your chance to let these children and Gerry know how important they are to you!

There are no limits to the number of entries! Each donation of $20.00 to the Gerard Butler Dot Net Charity Group automatically creates one drawing opportunity. Drawings for prizes will begin on December 1st, 2009 and continue until February 14th, 2010 Valentine’s Day when one lucky fan is drawn for that special date. Will this be the beginning of a magical romance?

Those who have already donated to our birthday charity campaign will be entered in the drawing for each $20 donated.

PRIZE LIST

First Prize (one winner) – A trip for you to New York City or Los Angeles in 2010 from anywhere in the continental United States to have dinner alone with Gerard Butler!

Second Prize – (three winners) – Be invited to sit up close and personal on a real live movie set, while Gerry is making one of his blockbuster movies in 2010.

Third Prize – (three winners) - Receive special reserved seating at a Gerard Butler movie premiere.

Fourth Prize – (three winners) - Get an autographed piece of Gerry’s wardrobe. You can make the request of what you wish for, but no guarantees the request can be filled.

Fifth Prize – (ten winners) - A personalized autographed picture signed with love to you from Gerard Butler!

Give your donation as a gift!! After you complete your donation, you will be redirected to a page where you can personalize and print a gift certificate for that special Gerard Butler fan in your life for their holiday stocking.

DONATE NOW!!*

If you wish to mail a donation, send it to:
Gerard Butler Dot Net Charity Group
8665 Sudley Road, #337
Manassas, VA 20110

Include your full name, address and email so we may send you a receipt and notify you if Kids Kicking Cancer chooses your names in the drawings.

This donation drive will take the place of our annual Birthday Charity Campaign AND our Valentine Wishes Charity Campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:42 am

kudos to rabbi g!! this is a brilliant way to raise a butt load of money for this worthy cause! well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:30 am

This is discrimination against non-America living peeps.

Do I look devastated? Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't understand how they do the drawings.

Quote :
There are no limits to the number of entries! Each donation of $20.00 to the Gerard Butler Dot Net Charity Group automatically creates one drawing opportunity. Drawings for prizes will begin on December 1st, 2009 and continue until February 14th, 2010 Valentine’s Day when one lucky fan is drawn for that special date.

Are they doing a drawing each week? Drawing every few days?

If you get your name drawn early on for a smaller prize, do you lose your chance at the date prize?

Can you donate up to Valentine's Day?

The only thing I understand is that the drawing for the date is on Valentine's Day. If you get drawn early and your name gets taken out of the date drawing, then it seems to make the most sense to donate as much as you can stand right before the date drawing on Valentine's Day (and after the last drawing before the date drawing).

DK, do they have more specific explanations on their site?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 pm

No, that's all the explanation they have. I don't know how often they do the drawing once it starts, but since there are no limit to the number of entries I'm assuming if you'd get drawn for one prize, you'd still stand a chance for more prizes, depending on how many entries you put in. I doubt they'd remove your name completely (at least I'm hoping they wouldn't).

If it is one prize per person, I guess you'd have the option of forfeiting a smaller prize for a larger one? Maybe I should ask.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:04 pm

Okay, I was just informed that if you win one of the 'earlier' prizes, you do not forfeit your chances for later ones. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm

You know this could really cause an outbreak of epic, war-inducing hysteria.

But I have a little question: What happens if a guy wins First Prize .... on Valentine's Day?

Have they really thought this out .... scratch
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Perfect timing for my little story.. Please see the following and mail a card if you can..I know first hand just how the cards brightened up a sick kid at Christmas time..

A 5 year old boy, Noah Biorkman, is in the last stages of a 2 1/2 year battle with Neuroblastoma Cancer. The family is celebrating Christmas next week and Noah's request is to get lots of Christmas cards... Let's get him some! Please send cards to: Noah Biorkman 1141 Fountain View Circle South Lyon, MI 48178. Let's see... how many cards we can get to this little guy!
Video
Source: www.clickondetroit.com
VideoRead MoreClick On Detroit | Detroit News, Detroit, Michigan News, Weather, Sports Online | WDIV Local 4
Source: www.clickondetroit.com
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Oggs, a fine idea. Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:31 pm

I have it posted on my facebook account. Do you think I should put it on GALS too Nay just to get this young man some more cards?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 pm

If you think they will pay attention Oggs, go ahead.

I've just bought my card and a little gift for Noah.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:37 pm

*shakes head*
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Why are you shaking your head? scratch

Oggs, I think posting that on Gals is a good idea. People have been Tweeting it, too.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I'm not shaking my head for ga;s or what...I'm shaking it for the idea of the date idea.

So many ideas went through my head...having worked behind the scenes...I'll just keep them to myself.

Good luck to all who give for a good cause. I'm sure the fundraiser will be a wicked success. I wouldn't be surprised at the amount that will be raised, for something like this.

But, I think any of us want to give, we should all do it in DK's name and see if we can win her a date with Gman.

Just suggesting...
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Aww, that's very generous of you and MUCH appreciated. I'm honored, but I'm sure the other ladies here would want that date just as much as I would. Wink

If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, then I didn't need it anyway. The other prizes ain't too shabby, either!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:30 pm

I personally would love to watch him work on a set, but I don't think I have to go through .net to do that.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:51 pm

Well do tell! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Weeeeell, considering the winning 'date' would more than likely equate to the following ...

• a full males-only entourage eating nearby (and giggling),
  • a headache from multiple flashbulbs,
  • muscle spasms due to the chalk-on-blackboard manager's voice,
  • the constant ringing of that bloody mobile phone,
  • little to no alcohol,
  • a million and one threads in the world of Butlerian fandom
  • and an Alien-splitting-open-Ripley's-stomach-type probing of the winner's personal life including medical information and satellite imagery of their home posted on IMDb ...

... I am more than happy to watch it all on You Tube. Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Grin-5
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:29 pm

Whoever wins had better have thick skin, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:38 pm

scary thoughts, nay!! yikes!! and yet? so true....
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:52 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Whoever wins had better have thick skin, eh? Wink

Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Rhino
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 10:55 pm

that's about the only creature that could win this date and survive unscathed! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 pm

But you know that's not gonna stop most of us from trying. Wink
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:17 pm

which is a good thing!!! lots of money will be raised for a good cause!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:09 am

I pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer   Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Win a Date with Gerry, Support Kids Kicking Cancer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next