The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Random Musings - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Whose public toilet incident? GM, or GB and the portapotty?

My taste includes lots of dead people: Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Haydn, Handel, Mozart, Palestrina, Sibelius, Freddie Mercury, Rodgers & Hammerstein, etc.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 pm

The Aussie co-worker is seldom in the office, as he is in business up in Indiana most of the week. He's pretty cool from what I know of him though. Pretty irreverent, which I like. Smile

I bought a car earlier this week. This one I think will go in the snow. And it has an automatic transmission, which is nice. And Bluetooth. And a back seat. And trunk space.

I may or may not be listening to Sha Na Na right now.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:37 am

Julie , GM was involved in a public toilet incident in the lat 90s in L.A. that outed him as gay. He also had a similar incident in London and was arrested for trolling for sex in public bathrooms there in the mid-2000s. I remember all the jokes going around at the time and the DUI incidents. Didn't he fall asleep at a traffic light? Geez.

DK, when I think of Sha Na Na I think of them on "Happy Days". That's the only reason I know who they are.

Nay, check out Bruno Mars on youtube. His performances will probably come up based on popularity and you can see his various styles. He has had several hits from pop, to soul, to ballads.  I remember when "Grenade" first came out.  Man I loved that song. I would run to it on my iPod. I still love it.  

Here's his Super Bowl halftime performance.  It's a fun performance.

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:08 am

Nay, just for you.

You're welcome.  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks for introducing me to Bruno Mars, dahling Dallas. He has a real ability to cross musical genres, doesn't he? 

Jules, I'm with you on the classical composers. I have some Mozart, Chopin and Brandenburg CDs which I play regularly and, when I drive, I listen to ABC ClassicFM on the radio. It certainly helps me prepare for and de-brief from my day. 

DK, congrats on the new car and the irreverent Aussie. Both will entertain you! 

*sigh* Today is Saturday. Bliss.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:36 am

Donna, Congrats on the new car, my next car will be something with 4 wheel drive, when we had the icy streets in GA my car with rear wheel drive could not make it over the icy patches without being pushed so when we do get icy streets here I will have something than can get over the ice, I hope but a new car for me is not in the future anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:37 am

DK, what car did you get?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Yep DK-----congrats----And we want pictures!

As for music, I find myself buying classic rock "Best of" CDs and Michael Buble.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Kid was listening to "Twist and Shout" and I decided to show her how to twist. BAD IDEA! Threw out my back and my hips. The good news: kid said, "My mom dances better than I do!"  cheers 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Julie, Doing the twist is one of the best exercises for my back I love twisting. One of the few things I can do without to much pain. I have a lot of pain due to having fibromyalgia
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:38 pm

I'm glad you have exercises that help. I need to find some that work for me. Twist isn't it.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:00 am

JulieJulieJulie, a case of twist and scream was it? Kudos from the kid were worth it, I assume. A joke about your age would be superfluous right now. 

Random: 

My eldest beagle boy has just dispatched his 4th pair of Haviana thongs to the bin. He doesn't want me to have  pretty things.  Random Musings - Page 8 122847 
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:00 am

Julie, I hope you find some exercise that help for you. Dancing always worked for me love to dance.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:14 am

I'm considering what walruses do. *plop* *yawn* *snore*

Nay, did you say "his 4th pair"? How can you say he doesn't want you to have pretty things when they're his to start with?

YOU WEAR THONGS?!?
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 10:40 am

I think she means flip-flops not butt-floss.

Of course I could be wrong, Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:03 pm

http://www.havaianasaustralia.com.au/001_Havaianas/pl.php?Operation=SetSessionVariable&Variable[whatsnewfilter]=-1&Variable[viewallfilter]=-1

You're not wrong, Shar. Thongs = flip flops. Jeepers, never with the floss. Ugh! 

Julie,  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:17 am

Whew! So what do you call the floss-pretending-to-be-undergarment?

You are buying the wrong dog toys. Or you are starving your pups of your company so much they must console themselves by chewing up everything that smells like you. Or both.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Those pitiful excuses for underwear are called g-strings in my part of the world, Jules. I really don't understand  their use any more especially with the modern form fitting gripping-gravity items that one can buy. If a small amount of fabric is the attraction, just go commando. 

Buddy is on a bit of a bad boy bender this week. Anything in reach is up for a grab and run manoeuvre. 

Random: 

Hasn't the Oscar Pestorius murder trial been spellbinding? 
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:10 am

Murder trial? Isn't it done yet? Couldn't care less.

I'm guessing g-strings are mostly decorative, like tying on a bow.

I don't think you're playing enough active games with your dogs. Beagles are hunting dogs. They need to run and fetch a lot. Unless you got Snoopy, who dances and flies (a plane) a lot.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:41 am

Julie, I am with you on the Oscar Pestorius murder trail.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:00 pm

It's a 2012 Chevy Malibu. Can y'all see it?

Random Musings - Page 8 1966674_10152015459343527_1648866235_n

I really like my Aussie co-worker. He's funny.

I'm listening to the Bee Gees again. What is it with me and the Bee Gees?

I just found out Matt Smith is coming to my hometown in two weeks for the Wizard World Con. I thought about attending this con until I saw the prices. Good Lord, cons have gotten considerably more expensive since I was frequenting them. A shame, really. It's a really good guest line up. I'm thinking of crashing it somehow. I work just a few miles from where it's taking place. Maybe I'll see someone when I'm out to lunch or something. It is right before my birthday, after all.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-stlouis.html
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:52 am

Donna, I checked out the guest list for Wizard World Con and I am hoping that some of these folks end up at Dragon Con, this con seems much more pricey than Dragon Con which I have been attending every year since 2003 if you buy your ticket at the con price for the weekend is only $65 which is what I have been doing. The guests I would love to meet are Bruce Campbell, Summer Glau, Milo Ventimiglia, Alan Rudyk, Ralph Macchio and Ted Raimi. Two guests I have meet and would love to meet again are Nathan Fillion and Manu Bennett. I meet Manu last year at Dragon Con what a sweetheart he is he even gave me a kiss on the check. So far the guest list for Dragon Con is not so great and hoping it will get better by August.

Love the new car
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Dk, beautiful car! That's a lot more ground clearance than sports cars. Should get you through a lot higher water, too.

DragonCon is one of the most inexpensive conventions around because they have some of the biggest attendances so individual costs are less. I only have 3 objections to going back: the summer heat, the crowd, and how far apart the event locations are (which send you out into Atlanta's midday summer heat).

Just looked at Wizard World prices. Nathan Fillion charges more than William Shatner for autographs and photo ops!  Shocked Well, Cheeky on Nathan.

Now that I'm thinking of summer and seeing the bright sunshine on your car, DK, I hope you have a windshield cover. All that dark interior is going to heat up and burn you.
Back to top Go down
lindamtrutt
Random Babbler
lindamtrutt

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:58 am

Julie. The only events that are in areas you have to be outside for now are the ones at the Westin and Sheraton. they built enclosed bridges that are air conditioned From the Hilton to the Marriott and from the Marriott to the Hyatt it is much better now. Only thing is the crowds. Since I have vision issues I have to be at a panel at least 30 minutes before the panel starts so no I am selective as to what panel I attended last year was the first year I went to a panel at the Westin because of who was in the Stargate Panel, RDA, Teryl, Chris Judge, Dan Payne, and Alex Zhara it was an awesome panel but first we went to the America's Mart nearby for the vendors which were moved over there it is about a block from the Hyatt and just before the Westin. Once we got into the Mart there were bridges from there that took us over to the Westin so we were not in the heat too long. When we got to the Westin we asked where Handicap go and they sort of gave us the run around but once we got into the panel we got front row seats right in front of RDA it was great. The only other panels I went to last year was the Lucy Lawless, Xena panel, The Battlestar Galatica Panel with Lucy, Edward James Olmos and Kandyse McClure I was there manly for the Warehouse panel but since my friend Carolanne was not feeling well I decided to do this panel and wait for the next one which was the one I really wanted to see the Warehouse 13 panel with Eddie McClintock, Brent Spiner, Genelle Williams, and CCH Pounder that was on a Sunday morning and I left later that afternoon for home. I stayed in town with my friend Laura our hotel was at the Sheraton I was there from Friday till Sunday with a commute on Thursday to get my badge and did not go back on Monday as that is my family day before going back to work. I did not have to pay for hotel as Laura was staying at the Sheraton and was afraid to be alone she asked me to stay with her for no charge. The most expensive autograph and photo op I had last year was Lucy Lawless but she was well worth every penny as to finally meet her after 16 years of being her fan I finally got to meet her and she was so sweet she has no clue what meeting her meant to me. For those of you who know me really well from the Bacic forum you may remember that my husband and I had a failed adoption and when that fell through I took to my bed in what I now call my blue funk period. I just was so depressed I no longer wanted to live thinking I would never be a mom. Well two TV shows I watched at the time gave me life again one was Hercules with Kevin Sorbo who I meet after 8 years the other was Xena. Those shows put the fight back into me and we won with the use of a surrogate I have my son who will soon turn 14 and what a great 14 years it has been.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Air-conditioned bridges sound good. Sounds like they have gotten an lot bigger and more spread out. I haven't had much interest in shows and actors and conventions lately, no one I really want to spend effort and money to meet. If only the Star Trek transporters were for real. Cutting out travel and overnight stays would make going to conventions a lot easier. There hasn't been anything interesting enough around here that I even want to drive to for the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next