The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Musings

Go down 
+6
Dani Blue
Sharabella
sami_stardust
Nay
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:34 am

The new forum banner is making me hungry. Random Musings 904518 
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

I was going to ask about that. Why just breads? It is a lovely picture of breads. And hay. (I know they're dried wheat stalks.)

Speaking of breads, we went to Papadeaux's Sunday with my dad. They have one of the best freshly baked French breads. Thin crunchy crust with warm fluffy inside, and lightly salted whipped butter on the side. Yum! I want more now!

Maybe just breads is good. If you have other foods on there we'd all get a lot fatter, sitting here on the forum and eating whatever's on the banner.

Cute picture of Coco.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 pm

LOL! Finding a good food picture on line is harder than one might think. The banner's not set in stone....
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Somewhere in the archives are pictures of GB in haggis and hot dog, or was it banana.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm on it, ladies.

Randoms:

Summer holidays are sooooooooo close. Possibly playing Auntie duty in January; friends visiting at various times; library/dining room to plan; gardening and lots and lots of reading.

Now that the heavy paperwork has finished, I can start to read books of my own choice. Started "The Paris Wife" yesterday. Have several more on order - English Gardens Abroad, A Moveable Feast, Crusades, Pictures at an Exhibition, Saving Italy ...
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 8:00 pm

Instead of Prince Albert in a can, we should have Gerard Butler in a can. Also Gerald Butter. Don't know if that should come in sticks in a box, or in a tub like the fake butters.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 7:58 pm

It should be like apple butter. Definitely.

Happy Thanksgivingakah!! It won't happen like this again for over 70,000 years. I'm going to milk it for what I can. I'm making challah. After that, cranberry sauce and apple pie cookies. And maybe fudge. And wine...well, I'm drinking that, not making it. I wish I knew how to make wine.

I'm on vacation. Vacation is good.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Vacation is VERY good. I miss vacation.

Happy Thanksgivingakah! Hope all are safe, well and happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Hanukkah, people!

Challah breads look pretty, probably tastes good as long as there aren't raisins in there. Razz

Feels early for Hanukkah, and late for Thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Happy belated turkey stuffing and eating day for youse Americanos! Travel safely and be grateful.

Five more days until summer holidays. I can almost smell it..............

Have a great vacation, DK. Don't relax too much or you'll never want to go back to work. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:29 pm

One more week for NayNay. Any big plans for summer?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:02 pm

My plan is to be productively lazy, Sami. How are you? Fancy coming to Australialand and being lazy??
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:38 pm

I went shopping last night after Thanksgiving dinner. Allergies have been giving me fits, so I took some meds after midnight last night and haven't been worth a darn since then. Me and the pooch spent all day in bed, now I'm up and listening to Christmas music. Dog is still worn out from her Thanksgiving shenanigans. She went with me to the parents and played with her best bud Mandy (my parents' shih tzu). Then my brother took her over to his house and pugs while we shopped, then back to the parents late last night. More shenanigans with the parent's Shih Tzu and back home with me. About 12 hours worth of shenanigans, in fact. She hasn't done much of anything today. It's been peaceful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:08 am

Get that second dog and it'll be more peaceful, DK.

R.I.P Paul Walker. Tragic turn of events.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 12:23 pm

i have heard (but not seen personally!) that there are a whole lot of rather nasty jokes/comments about speed and this tragedy. not really understanding why folks need to make jokes out of everything. some things just aren't funny. people make me sad.

happy cyber monday, y'all!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:46 pm

I agree, Sami. Just because something can be made into a joke doesn't mean it should be. I don't know a lot about Paul Walker (other than he appeared in Timeline with Gerry), but it was a tragedy. I'm sure the family, and in particular his daughter, is devastated.

Is it normal to feel restless, a bit bored and slightly depressed this time of year? I've felt out of sorts since the time change. I guess it's because the days are so short. Last year at this time, I was busy unpacking and getting my new house in order. Now I don't know what to do with myself. Confused 
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 pm

I don't know much about him either, DK, but I heard a story on one of the news magazine shows tonight about being in a jewerly store when some soldier was looking at an engagement ring for his girl that was 10k. Apparently it was a bit rich for his pockets, so Paul bought it for them anonymously. I think the story just came out? Anyway....seems like he was quite charity oriented and a good hearted soul. We need more of those on this earth...not less. Sad 

For the record: I am a SCROOGE......detest this time of year.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Is it normal to feel restless, a bit bored and slightly depressed this time of year? I've felt out of sorts since the time change. 
The closer I get to summer holidays the more mixed-up I feel - a blend of exhausted relief and empty echoes. I think it's because our year is spent a such a furious pace and the arrival of the Christmas season is almost anti-climactic. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:05 pm

I loathe the holidays now as an adult. It's all about obligations. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 6:01 pm

At least I'm not alone. Thanks Julie! santa 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:39 am

Today's the 1st day of summer holidays. Did very little really. Just the way I wanted.

Started a new book. Did some housework. Drank a beer. Made pizza for dinner.

Aaaaaah. cheers 
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:21 pm

WHEEEEE!! Enjoy your holiday, Nay!
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 pm

Thanks, sweetness. What's new in Sami World?
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Not a thing. Life trudges on. rendeer 
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 7:11 pm

My second visitor left this morning (Sunday). We had a lovely time together - relaxing, talking, drinking, snacking, shopping, napping. The verandah paint job is finished and it looks so fresh and soothing. Now I'm preparing for a seafood dinner party tonight at my house with neighbours. This has turned into a very social holiday ...or at least start of a holiday. This week, I'll attack the unpacking/sorting/discarding in my back room which will then become my dining/library.

Only 1.5 weeks to Christmas peoples!!!  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Musings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Musings   Random Musings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Musings
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next