The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Say something random about you (Part 3)

Go down 
+11
Geranimal
andrea
DonnaKat
sami_stardust
pamelajane
LadyNOLA
LegoJulie
kayanne
Dallas
greyeyegoddess
Nay
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:59 pm

I think I'm going to have a shameless girly movie night. Phantom of the Opera, and (if I can stay awake), maybe Inglourious Basterds and Sweeney Todd. Okay, so maybe my girly movie night is a bit odd, compared to other girlys...
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:51 pm

sounds like MY kinda girly movie night. my sis and i watched "the philadelphia story" and then an old b horror movie...."dead man walks!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:54 am

Well, I missed the session with Frank Darabont today. I was too tired to make it. I had worked in the yard for hours and after two movies last night was spent. So I didn't get to ask him about Gerry and Law Abiding Citizen.

Have another movie tomorrow with Marissa Tomei and Jonah Hill (who did the voice of one of the viking kids in HTTYD. But is more known for Superbad, Knocked Up and Forgetting Sarah Marshall). It's called "Cyrus".
DIFF ends tomorrow. Good thing, as I am worn out.....
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 3:56 am

The good thing, I finally saw Gerard Butler in Phantom of the Opera! The bad thing about tonight, I think I managed to f^#k up another potential relationship. Hell, it was the third date which is practically a long-term relationship for me so it's progress!

DK--you should appreciate this. I could not turn off the Cardinals-Mets game! My date gets here at 7 and they are going to extra innings and it was a great pitcher's duel! And if you saw that awesome game, it wasn't over until 11 p.m.! And my Braves were the victims of a great no-hitter by the Rockies. How could I walk away?

My date says he has no specific plans for us so I ask if we can watch the game. Okay, who could have predicted all those extra innings? And I made him dinner during the bottom of the 15th so we didn't have to leave! He should not have complained because a good baseball game is an aphrodisiac for me and I held on to him tight especially during the three innings when the Cardinals loaded the bases and could not score.

He said let's watch a movie after the game and we watched Phantom which I admit was pretty good. Okay, it was not exactly a date type of flick but he agreed.

Well, I don't think he will call back. He just left and wasn't too "friendly" at the door. Hey, the guy saw the real me tonight and didn't have to pay for dinner! Better I know now that he is not compatible!

Nearly 4 a.m. here. Must sleep now!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:23 am

Why would a guy not like a girl who is willing to stay home, watch a ballgame and cook for him where he doesn't even have to spend any money?? I would have thought that would be a dream date for any guy. scratch

I ended up not watching any movies. By the time the ballgame was over, I just wanted to go to bed. Plus the Cards lost. Sad
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:00 pm

I'd say I'm sorry for the Cards, DK, but I'm a diehard Cubbies fan. Smile

Last edited by pamelajane on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

pamelajane wrote:
...I'm a diehard Cubbies fan. Smile

Awww, I'm sorry... Cheeky

I just spent $650 on tires, and that isn't even including mounting and balancing. I guess when they come take my house because I can't pay the bills, I can go live in my car. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:55 pm

DK, not sure what his problem was but I got an email from him today. He said he was just flabbergasted that he spent 9 hours with a girl watching baseball and a chick flick, which he apparently thinks Phantom is. Jury is still out on this one. Hope your Cards are winning. My Braves won a great game!

Played disc golf with my buds today and got my ass kicked. Got tired of hearing "you toss like a girl." I am a girl dammitt!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:26 am

I saw "Cyrus" tonight with Marrisa Tomei, Jonah Hill, John C. Reilly and Catherine Keener. I was surprised to see that it was a Ridley Scott movie - he was the executive producer.
It was a good movie. I think it premiered at Sundance.
Sorry I haven't had a chance to post about all the movies that I have seen. There are several that I would recommend (especially if some make distribution and a wide release).

I'll try to post them later when I have time - if I don't forget. I'm exhausted and need to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Kayanne, was he horrified or surprised that he had spent all that time?

Ok, I gather the Cubbies are enemy to the Cards. Who usually wins when they meet, PJ?

Dal, did you go to the Film festival last year? It sounds as though you've become hooked on the movie business.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Nay, I wish I knew! That was all he said! I don't have friends who are girls here in my town to talk to about it and my guy friends have been no help! I wish I had more girlfriends to dish about guys with.

Dallas, thanks so much for the movie news. I have added a lot of them on my must see list.

Watching "Dancing With the Stars" right now and wishing Kate Gosselin would realize that dancing involves passion and rhythm. The girl has no hip action and looks like she wants to be anywhere else but on the dance floor.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:19 pm

kayanne wrote:
Watching "Dancing With the Stars" right now and wishing Kate Gosselin would realize that dancing involves passion and rhythm. The girl has no hip action and looks like she wants to be anywhere else but on the dance floor.
I'm sure the viewing public wish she was anywhere else but on the dance floor too!

Random:

Australia has actually had two mini earthquakes in the past two weeks. "WTH!" you say. "Oh yes" I reply. Why is God annoyed with the down unders?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:34 pm

I think He's just annoyed at women. At least according to this article, He is... Rolling Eyes

http://foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=256124.proteus.fma

Does this mean we can blame the volcanoes on the men?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Tsunami, DK.

Men can't hit the toilet bowl without spraying a little everywhere so, as natural disasters go, a tsunami would be the obvious match.

I joke, people. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 am

Yah. Uh huh. Adultery is all the women's fault. Yup. Men are completely under the power of women. Yessirreebob!

Actually, all earthquakes and volcanic eruptions and tsunamis and hurricanes and tornados are a woman's fault, Mother Nature's!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 am

Oh, Kayanne, I was DWTS religiously and do my own virtual judging. But you would know more about ballroom dancing than I do.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

Don't give me that much credit. My "teaching" career began many years ago only because Fred Astair Studios ran an ad for instructors and I was broke and needed money. Besides that my formal training is some classes at a local dance studio then mostly Internet and instinct. My students are mostly men who are trying to impress their girlfriends, wife, etc... And they don't care how much about formal technique. They just want to know how not to step on toes and look good. I am a bit of a rebel and I tend to teach using my favorite hard rock songs. I won a dance contest one night using Def Leppard's "Animal." Fred Astair doesn't want "rebels" so I don't work for them now, btw.

Some of the rules on DWTS I totally agree with like keeping your posture and holds. However, I love lifts and I curse Carrie Ann every time she penalizes for them. I must have missed the show that explained why they are not allowed.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Please don't think I am an "expert" though!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am

Nay wrote:

Ok, I gather the Cubbies are enemy to the Cards. Who usually wins when they meet, PJ?

Hi Nay! Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 166223 Didn't you say you were finishing or finished your fence? Yay!

I'd say 50% of the time for the Cubs and Cards. I'd like to say 100%, as far as the Chicago Cubs.

And DK? Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 357855
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:17 pm

Yesyesyes PJ! The 6ft high timber fence is finished! FINALLY.

Bud has been revelling in going up and down the back stairs, investigating nooks and crannies and then of course bringing me whatever he finds. Laughing
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Nay wrote:
Yesyesyes PJ! The 6ft high timber fence is finished! FINALLY.

Bud has been revelling in going up and down the back stairs, investigating nooks and crannies and then of course bringing me whatever he finds. Laughing

So happy the fence is finished. Looks like your long days of labor will and are paying off, especially where Buddy boy is concerned. He must just love the freedom of coming and going as he pleases. Sounds like my hubby.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:15 am

Has Mr PJ fully recovered yet from his operation?

My little man does a lap through the house, goes out the back door, down the stairs and races under the house before returning to check if I've missed him.

Silly pup. Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Laughing-1
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 am

Mr. PJ hasn't fully recovered yet. He just finished his physical therapy sessions, but there's still swelling. As you know he's been back at his regular job for months, now, but hasn't been given the all clear for his volunteer firefighter job. Thanks for asking.

As far as Buddy, he's a hoot and a half. And isn't it amazing how fast he can run for a smaller dog? And it sounds like Master Buddy loves his Mistress, as you call it. You two were meant for each other. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm

I didn’t run my date off after all the other night. He is coming over to watch the game tonight. He doesn’t know much about baseball but he has seen more Gerard Butler’s movies than I have. He also knows more about Hollywood gossip than I do.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 pm

kayanne wrote:
I didn’t run my date off after all the other night. He is coming over to watch the game tonight. He doesn’t know much about baseball but he has seen more Gerard Butler’s movies than I have. He also knows more about Hollywood gossip than I do.
Could be a keeper, Kayanne. Try a few Butler moves on him - middle digit up at umpire, pick nose, steal fries from his plate etc. Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:37 pm

oh, the classic moves...lol!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say something random about you (Part 3)   Say something random about you (Part 3) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Say something random about you (Part 3)
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next