The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inconceivable!

Go down 
+3
LadyNOLA
greyeyegoddess
Nay
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Inconceivable! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Are we like the fansite for non-fans? This site is an enigma and an oxymoron.

Inconceivable! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Wrapped up in a riddle.

What is a fan? One of the age old questions.

Much like "What is Man?"
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Right now, a fan for me is something that is circulating air throughout my house. Three are running at the moment...two floor fans and one ceiling fan.

8:06pm, and the heat index is 100F. And it isn't even dry heat. It's humid heat. I'm in a frakking sauna.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:41 pm

What is a fan?
What is a man?
What will this nonsense pass?
When my foot ...

Inconceivable! - Page 2 Whatisthis-1

INCONCEIVABLE
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:50 pm

Will I kick you in the ass?
Will I kick you in the grass?
Will I kick you in the nuts?
Will I kick you, you little putz?

Damn straight I will. Don't mess with me.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:41 am

Fan is short for fanatic.
Man is short for maniac.

I love Dr. Seuss's writings, but his artwork makes me barf.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Is it too much of an inconceivable thing to ask that people at least make an attempt to keep their commitments?

I understand that the nursing home was an emergency, and that AC repair call should have taken precedence over mine. Really, I understand that. But that was 13 hours ago. Do you honestly expect me to believe that you're still on that one call?

If you're going to be late, can't make it, whatever...I understand. I'm easy to work with WHEN YOU COMMUNICATE WITH ME. But when I have an AC repair appointment scheduled for 6:30 this morning and I'm still waiting at 7:40pm and you have not even called me to let me know if/when you're coming out, that is inconceivable and inexcusable.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:15 am

Sympathies on not having A/C, DK. You should get a new A/C guy.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:39 am

I did. I called back about 8:30pm and got the voice mail again. I told them to forget it, I'll call someone else. Now why would a company advertise as having 24/7 service (including emergencies) and you can't get them on the phone or get them to call you back??? Some "emergency" service... Rolling Eyes

I decided to call back the company I've always used in the past. They called me back before 7 this morning and said they will send someone out this afternoon. I should have called them to begin with, but I was trying to save some money. I guess you get what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:46 pm

That's really poor customer service from a small business who I assume, in the current financial climate, should be working extra hard to gain and maintain customers.

Have you had an answer from the original company yet, DK?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Yep, they came and left. He cleaned the unit and added some freon, but he said it was the intense temperatures and there wasn't much more he could do. He was nice, though. He only charged me for a service call and didn't charge me for $80 worth of freon. Smile

When he added the freon it was already 84F in here, so until the sun goes down it's hard to say if it has done any good or not. I do know it's blowing 5 degrees colder out of the vents now. It's still 88F in here. This is the ninth day of the heatwave, things just don't have a chance to cool off.

We also found an ant colony by my AC, which I have to get rid of because they can clog up my unit as well.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:56 pm

yuck! Ants are evil!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am

DK, I hope that maybe your problem was that your unit was dirty and needed freon. I don't know if I buy the line that it's just because it's been so hot. It's always hot in Texas and it's been in the triple digits here too. And I have never had my house not cool down.

Did he check your duct work? I hope you cool down soon.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:13 am

DK, I don't know if you have ceiling fans or other fans, but they sure help circulate air. If your house has been really hot for a while, same with cars, opening a window to let heat out when you first turn on the A/C can help get some heat out of there fast.

I turn out all the lights during the daytime. Can't do much about computers, monitors, or UPS's. Need them on. Converting from CRT's to LCD's helps since CRT's run really hot.

I've found out that if my feet are cold, I don't feel as hot over all, same with warm feet and being cold. I have a small fan under my desk to ward off mosquitoes. It works well to cool my feet, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconceivable!   Inconceivable! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inconceivable!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Pantry Member Stuff :: General Chit Chat :: Ranting Section: Happy and Unhappy :: The Angry Place-
Jump to: