The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn

Go down 
+2
Dallas
DonnaKat
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:48 pm

For the most part they do and have.

It's the sites who have been saying that they got calls from Gerry's people that the fans were overbearing.

Plain out liars!
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:31 pm

Oh really? Tell us more...heeheeharhar....

Only cuz we're bored, mind U..................
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 pm

It probably had to do with someone's feelings for the fans...not G's mind you.

Either that or they were "protecting" G from the obsessive ones, like the ones you girls mentioned from Dracula and 300.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:07 am

I've been arguing about this same thing. And how much trouble did the fans cause in Philly if the movie is going to be ready to be released in October? I haven't called a particular site Gerry's Mommy, but I have asked them if they were Gerard Butler's Protection Police. Geez.

OK, rant over. Thank you. Good day! bounce
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 11:11 am

Why would G's people call any fansite if there were fans causing trouble? Wouldn't it make more sense to just deal with the troublemakers right then and there? First off, not all fans belong to fansites, so how would they even know to call them? And secondly, if someone called me about fans, I'd be telling them to do their job and deal with it themselves...it's not my job to police members on sets.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
Why would G's people call any fansite if there were fans causing trouble?
That's the thing that one of the sites holds over everyone else...that connection. And then that site tells the other site owners, who in turn, tell the members.

Why would the people call the fansites? Don't know.

DonnaKat wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense to just deal with the troublemakers right then and there? First off, not all fans belong to fansites, so how would they even know to call them?
Exactly, how many troublemakers really post anywhere? Most, don't.

DonnaKat wrote:
And secondly, if someone called me about fans, I'd be telling them to do their job and deal with it themselves...it's not my job to police members on sets.
Right! It's the whole mother syndrome, though. Protect poor little G-man, because fans scare him.

whatever!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
Protect poor little G-man, because fans scare him.

Some of his fans scare me too. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm

pamelajane wrote:
I've been arguing about this same thing. And how much trouble did the fans cause in Philly if the movie is going to be ready to be released in October? I haven't called a particular site Gerry's Mommy, but I have asked them if they were Gerard Butler's Protection Police. Geez.

OK, rant over. Thank you. Good day! bounce
Oh no. It takes a lot for your blood to boil, PJ. But hang on .... GB's PP sounds just plain naughty! Laughing

DonnaKat wrote:
Why would G's people call any fansite if there were fans causing trouble? Wouldn't it make more sense to just deal with the troublemakers right then and there? First off, not all fans belong to fansites, so how would they even know to call them? And secondly, if someone called me about fans, I'd be telling them to do their job and deal with it themselves...it's not my job to police members on sets.
If these 'behavioural requests' are true, he/his team are making assumptions that those in charge of the fan sites actually have control over their members AND that they are not the offenders/instigators themselves. Maybe the message was more for them.

If the requests are in fact a lie, then they are not just using his name as a big stick but also bringing a bit of embarrassment onto his head. Wasn't this degree of fawning allowable in the darker days of obscurity?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:05 pm

Either way, it made members of the sites extremely scared of going to watch Gerry's work, or if they did, they wouldn't talk about it online to anyone.

Members were afraid to have their memberships deleted because of those kinds of information passed on by the owners of sites.

I'm not sure if this is still going on, but on .net, they would either not allow you to post about meeting G, or would have to have your story audited before they would post it.

This was after the Vancouver meeting during G's shoot on Butterfly.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Look what someone posted on Twitter today:

Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 6193959
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 pm

and wow, me, with nothing to do lately...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn   Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filming to begin for Bounty Hunter June 15, 2009 in Brooklyn
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2