The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Empty
PostSubject: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 am

Link here: http://www.philly.com/philly/columnists/20090208_Inqlings__Del_Frisco_s_serves_up_meaty_role_in_a_thriller.html

Inqlings: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller

By Michael Klein
Inquirer Columnist

SWAT teams and sharpshooters took over a corner of 11th and Somerset Streets in North Philly for two days of drama last week. And this coming week, look out for the steak-out unit.

It's all for Law Abiding Citizen, the thriller being filmed in town with Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler.

Christian Stolte (guard Keith Stolte in Prison Break) plays a man wanted for the murder of the wife and daughter of Butler's character. In scenes filmed Wednesday and Thursday, Stolte was holed up in a house on the 2800 block of North 11th Street that was ringed by cops, including detectives played by Colm Meaney (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Michael Irby (Line of Fire, The Unit). Despite the dragnet, Stolte's character gets away.

Director F. Gary Gray and company will be at the George W. Hill Correctional Facility in Thornton this week, which is where the steak-out factors in. Del Frisco's, the new steak house at 15th and Chestnut Streets, will send food to be used in a prison scene with Foxx and Butler. Foxx plays a district attorney trying to butter up the incarcerated Butler with a Del Frisco's meal. It will be so branded, says Del Frisco's general manager Shang Skipper. He met the filmmakers while buying suits at Les Richards in Liberty Place, and they've been regulars.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
dreamer
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
dreamer

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 pm

WTF--The cop who chased me off the grounds Fri. said the big names were't even going to be there. Guess he lied.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:55 pm

What??? There's an interesting story in there somewhere. I just know it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 pm

Not that interesting, more like disappointing. I got there around 7 Am. I talked to the driver of a rig hauling in a piece of equipment. He was friendly but didn't know much. About an hour later a cop came and said I had to leave and that only extras and stuntdoubles were going to be there for shooting anyway. The big names were shooting on a staged set someplace in town. I guess from what you have posted here, he lied to me.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. Sad

{{{HUGS}}}
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 pm

I guess it's just not in the cards for me to meet him.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:43 pm

You don't know that! You never know what could happen. There's still weeks of filming, then the premiere....do you think maybe they would do the premiere in Philly?
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 pm

A premiere in Philly would be great and I would definately go, but somehow I doubt that will happen. Maybe NYC?? I would find my way there too. I know there is time left for shooting but I just don't know how to go about finding where they will be. I always get info after the fact.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 pm

You never know about the premiere. Miracle Match had a premiere in St. Louis. Wanna hear some irony? I knew they were filming Miracle Match locally, but at the time had no idea who Gerry was. Not only that, but a friend of mine was being used on the set (well, his car was) and he pretty much invited me to go down there, because a bunch of them went to watch. I declined because I didn't want to intrude on them working. So not only did I not go with them, I didn't go to the premiere, either.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I guess that falls under the heading--if I could do things over---that's too bad DK. Aren't they shooting some LAC in your area?? Oh and by the way, I have inlaws out your way. In St. Peters and O'Fallon. Here's to better luck to both of us in the future on the Gerry front.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Nah, no filming here...unless you count the George Clooney movie that's coming here next month. I put in my app for an extra. Considering I'm now unemployed, getting a callback for that would be more than just for a hobby. I need the job itself now!
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Well good luck with that callback. Being an extra on any movie set sounds like a fun experience to me. So sorry to here about the job loss, that really sucks. Hope you find something new soon.
Back to top Go down
dreamer
dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:01 pm

oops, I meant hear--and now I'm saying good night. Sleep
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 10:19 pm

You can edit your posts. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller   Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Del Frisco's serves up meaty role in a thriller
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Law Abiding Citizen-
Jump to: