The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Braveheart???

Go down 
+3
ladyremi
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Braveheart??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Every time someone tells me "the razzi gossip to be expected, he's famous, it can't be helped, it comes with the territory", I think about Johnny Depp. I have been an avid Depp fan since his first appearance on 21 Jump Street, and my admiration has not wavered over the years. He has made it in the big time, and yet has not let the Hollywood machine control him or change him. If there's any actor I would really, really love to sit down and have an intelligent conversation with, it's him. I would love to ask him what he has done (and not done) to make and keep him the respected actor he is. I watched him do a lengthy (and rare) interview on a cable channel a while back in front of an audience of college students, and I couldn't help but think how this high school dropout could talk with such intelligence and articulation.

Now I'm not expecting everyone to be like Mr. Depp, mind you...but I'd love to see him take a lot of these young up and coming actors under his wing and mentor them (if he isn't already doing so). I think a lot of them could learn from his example.

There are a lot of actors who refuse to live in Hollywood for the very reason that they don't want they or their families to be caught up in the madness that is Hollyweird. Many of them choose Vancouver because they're close enough to take the short flight to L.A. if work turns up without having to subject themselves to Hollywood. I guess it keeps them grounded.

I can't imagine how anyone could live in Gerry's environment without it changing you somehow. Sometimes it's good to get away from there, and into reality. I was in Hollywood last March for just a weekend, and even from the outskirts I realized how completely different it is from the rest of America.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:07 pm

Maybe G can't get out of Hollywood right now. Maybe his people are telling him, "Be seen around". Holidays and all.

I have to agree with your thoughts on Johnny Depp. There are others who have the done the same deal--got away from Hollywood. G's not quite there yet. I don't feel he can get away at this time. He has to be seen to entice more fans. But those that will know him now, won't know him as he was before.

And I do agree that people change under those circumstances, despite what fans might want to think. You don't talk to the same people, you don't dress the same, eat the same, do the same things. You just don't.

Hollyweird is a place all of it's own.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 9:46 pm

greyeyegoddess wrote:
I don't feel he can get away at this time. He has to be seen to entice more fans.

If that be the case, then what does that say about his fans, or the 'fans' his people are trying to attract?

Yes, I'll admit I peek at razzi pictures. But personally, I'd rather see razzi pictures of him on a set of a movie than razzi pictures of him entering or exiting a nightclub. I'd rather hear news about an upcoming project than news about who he supposedly felt up or smooched with. These past few months have been disheartening. When I first got involved in this, there was project after project, and yes I did have some concern that he was overworking himself. But all I hear lately is garbage from tabloids and shallow rag mags. There's a difference between an actor and a celebrity, between talent and sheer recognition. Gerry's too good for this crap, and I hate to see him dragged through it in the name of 'publicity'.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 pm

It's true what you say. I'd rather see those, too.

Maybe he wants to be a celeb? Or his people want him to be celeb. All I remember is that his people have been grooming him to be a star. What kind? Don't know...

But anyone who loves every single thing about him, or at least what the public gets to see of him, is squeeing with delight.

There have been tons of fan bases who have tired of their favorite celeb and given up on supporting them. It could happen to anyone...

I don't feel that offering our opinions of what we'd like to see of him, is disrespectful, just in case someone out there feels that we are knocking him down. His business is his persona and that only makes money if people want to see him. If I tire, then my wallet stays closed, and my blogs don't promote his work.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 am

Exactly, Alice.

In my opinion, "celebrities" are a dime a dozen, and I've never held much regard for them. Show me what you do by your talent and good works...not by how many rags will take your picture and make up a story about you. To me, it seems so...empty...and so...shallow.

Many people I'm fans of aren't very well known by the masses. They may be known in the "biz" and in their trade...but you'll probably never see their names in People magazine, or on Just Jared. But I respect their talent nonetheless. I guess Gerry is the biggest "celebrity" fandom I've ever been involved in...and I'm learning a lot of things along the way. Namely, how 'different' it is from what I'm used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braveheart???   Braveheart??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braveheart???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: I Heard it Through the Grapevine...Unofficial Stuff-
Jump to: