The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leo Toy made for Gerry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Leo Toy made for Gerry Empty
PostSubject: Leo Toy made for Gerry   Leo Toy made for Gerry Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:31 am

Pics at link:

http://joeamaro.blogspot.com/2012/03/so-my-gerard-butler-story.html

Friday, March 16, 2012

So my Gerard Butler story...several years back at New York Toy Fair I went to dinner with a bunch of friends. We went to this cool restaurant called Craft Bar www.craftrestaurant.com/. There was a bunch of us just hanging out having fun. Then someone at our table mentioned that across the restaurant was Gerard Butler http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0124930/

We thought it was cool and started talking about his movies. My bestest friend Xavier Marrero then drew an awesome stylized/urban vinyl Spartan. For the rest of the night we debated giving him the drawing, finally we decided to give it a cute waitress so she could to take over to his table. He got it and laughed out loud then he yelled over to us:
"Is that what I look like?!" ...We all laughed and said: "NO!!!"

He came over to our table with his group and we all hung out the rest of the night. He asked what we all did and we said we all worked in the toy industry. They all thought it was super cool, then he asked me:
"So you could make this for me?"...and I said "YES I can!"

We talked about it and exchanged information. When we got back home X did some turn around drawings for me and we went to work! I kept Gerry (yeah we are buddies now) in the loop and sent him work in progress pictures. Finally the sculpt was done and I hand painted it for him. I sent it to him and the last I heard it was on the mantle in his apartment! Here are some pics...
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Leo Toy made for Gerry   Leo Toy made for Gerry Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:14 am

That's actually kind of cute. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Leo Toy made for Gerry   Leo Toy made for Gerry Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

That's too cute!

I love cartoonized vinyl dolls of characters. They're usually Japanese.

With Easter coming up, I can't help thinking that looks like an egg with arms and legs. Someone could steal the design and paint an army of Spartan eggs.

P.S. I've never seen 300.
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Leo Toy made for Gerry   Leo Toy made for Gerry Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:03 am

Kinda reminds me of a lego... just saying..lol.. I've seen 300 like 2x's and I own the dvd... But I have never again watched it... I actually bought because i like to see how they made the movie.. That has always been a fascination to me.... But either way, I'm more of a King Arthur fan... Clive Owen... makes me drool... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo Toy made for Gerry   Leo Toy made for Gerry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leo Toy made for Gerry
Page 1 of 1