The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)

Go down 
+5
sami_stardust
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
Dallas
Nay
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Empty
PostSubject: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:07 am

Gerard Butler 'in rehab after relying too heavily on prescription pain relief'

By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 9:56 AM on 24th February 2012

Gerard Butler is in rehab being treated for substance abuse issues, it has been reported.

The 42-year-old actor is apparently seeking help for his problems at the Betty Ford Center, according to TMZ.com.

The website claim that Butler's issues began when he started suffering from severe pain following the shooting of action movie 300 back in 2006.

Gerard Butler checked into the Betty Ford clinic three weeks ago after accepting he was addicted to prescription pain relief medication, it has been reported. It is thought that his surfing accident in December then added to the issues.

TMZ.com are reporting that Butler made the decision to enter the Betty Ford clinic three weeks ago when he decided he had become too reliant on pain medication.

The website also reported that Butler had also been using cocaine, but that the drug wasn't at the root of the issue. Butler is expected to be leaving the clinic today.

Butler spoke previously about how difficult he found it to adjust when filming wrapped on the physically-gruelling action film 300.
He said: 'When when you finish filming your whole routine changes and suddenly you don't have to do what you did anymore. It's kind of weird. You feel a little lost. You don't have to hold yourself the same way physically.

'I noticed in watching the video journals that even when I wasn't performing, I was still walking around as the king and talking like him. I don't do that anymore! I can slouch again!

'There was definitely a period of adjustment and physical pain because I stopped training. That was the worst thing I could have done.'

It had also been reported last year that there were plans to make a sequel to the film, with claims in December that Joel Egerton was in line to replace Butler in the role of King of Sparta. Then, late last year, Butler was involved in the surfing accident which is believed to have exacerbated the pain he was feeling even further.

Butler had been shooting Of Men And Mavericks in California, a movie based on the life of US surfer Jay Moriarity, playing Rick 'Frosty' Hesson, Moriarity's mentor.

He was getting ready to film action scenes when he was thrown off his surfboard and pummelled by breakers at least 12 feet high, then held underwater for two consecutive waves before being hit on the head by four or five more when he managed to swim to the surface.

Speaking about the accident in January, Butler said: 'It was a pretty close call. The waves just took me in, and I couldn’t get up. It was pretty hairy. It was maybe of of the few times that reports were not exaggerated.'

Butler, who is a tee-total, also spoke previously about how he became addiction to alcohol. He said: 'I used to drink until I couldn't remember anything. I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness.

'One or two drinks was never enough for me. I was a foot-on-the-floor-all-the-way drinker, so it had to go. I don't miss it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2105788/Gerard-Butler-rehab-Actor-checks-Betty-Ford-relying-heavily-prescription-pain-relief.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Gerard Butler In Rehab   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 am

Wow. I always wondered about coke bloat....

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/24/gerard-butler-rehab-addiction-prescription-drugs-alcohol-cocaine/

Gerard Butler In Rehab

Gerard Butler is being treated for substance abuse at the Betty Ford Center ... TMZ has learned.

Butler's problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting "300" in 2006. We're told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming "Of Men and Mavericks," when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.

We're told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford 3 weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ ... Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

We're told Butler will be leaving Betty Ford later today.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 am

Gerard Butler is being treated for substance abuse at the Betty Ford Center ... TMZ has learned.

Butler's problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting "300" in 2006. We're told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming "Of Men and Mavericks," when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.

We're told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford 3 weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ ... Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

We're told Butler will be leaving Betty Ford later today.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/24/gerard-butler-rehab-addiction-prescription-drugs-alcohol-cocaine/
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:13 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2105788/Gerard-Butler-rehab-Actor-checks-Betty-Ford-relying-heavily-prescription-pain-relief.html

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/showbiz/news/a367648/gerard-butler-admitted-to-rehab-for-substance-abuse.html

http://whtevr.com/2012/02/gerard-butler-in-rehab/

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/gerard-butler-in-rehab-3030787.html
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 am

Friday Feb 24 2012

Gerard Butler is reportedly in rehab.

According to TMZ, the Scottish star has been receiving treatment at the renowned Betty Ford Center in California.

It has been claimed the star decided to seek professional help after developing a problem with prescription medication.

“Butler's problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting 300 in 2006,” reports the site. “We're told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming Of Men and Mavericks, when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.”

The American website alleges Gerard checked into the clinic three weeks ago. He apparently became concerned he was using prescription medication too much.

The star is not thought to be addicted but was reportedly worried things might escalate if he didn’t take steps to stop using the pills.

It’s thought he will be leaving the centre at some point today.

Gerard has previously hinted he had a problem with alcohol. He used to drink a lot but now doesn’t partake in any such beverages.

“I used to drink until I couldn’t remember anything. I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness,” he said.

“One or two drinks was never enough for me. I was a foot-on-the-floor-all-the-way drinker, so it had to go. I don’t miss it.”

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:23 am

This is HUGE, ladies. Very few of the major fan sites are discussing this.

Despite the fun we poke at his expense, I hope he is truly on the road to recovery. Three weeks seems a short visit though.

Dallas. You were right.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:42 am

There are a lot of people, celebrities and non celebrities, having problems with prescription meds. Kudos to Gerry for admitting his problem and getting help.

I'm not saying it's always the case or it's the case here, but doctors also need to take more responsibility when it comes to prescribing potentially addicting drugs. Several years back, I was taking a narcotic pain med when I had my wisdom teeth removed and I had several problems to follow in the next year or so. I remember going to my dentist for pain one day, but he was out. His partner, who knew nothing about my history, etc...asked "do you want me to prescribe another bottle for you?" I said, "I don't know, you're the doctor, you tell me."

We are too driven in this society to perform, which often leads to people turning to "mother's little helpers"....uppers, pain killers, power drinks, steroids, and the list goes on and on and on. This might be part of the reason some folks seem like they never need sleep. It catches up with you in the end, though.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:47 am

DonnaKat wrote:
Kudos to Gerry for admitting his problem and getting help.
Totally!

I hate my prescription drugs. They don't get me high. My doctor won't give me anything good, and I don't know where to get weed or coke or meth or the like. Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) 122847
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Heartbreaking. Praying for him. GOD bless him. Being an addictive personality sucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:01 pm

I actually saw it mentioned on the GB Gals group on FB this morning. Of course they have since deleted it.

Last edited by sami_stardust on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

I hope this isn't PR spin, but it kind of smells like it to me. This sentence is very odd:

"Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management."

Why mention the cocaine use at all, unless you are trying to get the jump on something that may come out later? Why not just address the main reason for checking into rehab? Or is the emphasis on the prescription med problem to minimalize the cocaine "issue"? Is this a nice way of saying he had a pill and cocaine problem?

Prescription Drug dependance is also more socially acceptable than illicit drug use- especially if tied to injuries and pain management. Connect those injuries to training and filming a career-making role/movie and you garner a lot of sympathy (not judgment).

Three weeks in treatment seems a little short, but it is in time for the Oscars weekend and all the parties. Entertainment news will soon shift gears to Oscar coverage and this story will be buried quickly. The whole thing seems suspect. But I could be completely off base, and it is just reasonable, smart preventative care.

I hope this is not spin. And I hope that Gerry is doing well.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, the original details from TMZ are being used/requoted in many more articles but still the cocaine reference is in almost small print.

I'm with Dallas on this one and hope that there isn't more to that part of the issue. Three weeks seems awfully short to me and regardless of whether the dependency started with 300 or due to other events, it is a strategic move in my eyes (both help wise and career wise).

Good luck, Senor Butler. This would be one of those times when a person's faith is tested. May the strength of the Holy Spirit that you don't believe in be with you.

http://wonderwall.msn.com/movies/gossip-gerard-in-good-health-after-completing-rehab-stint-1668593.story

Butler has talked openly about his battle with alcohol in his twenties.

"I had gone from a 16-year-old who couldn't wait to grasp life, to a 22-year-old who didn't care if he died in his sleep," explained the law school grad, who ended up being fired from an Edinburgh law firm over his boozing. "I used to drink until I couldn't remember anything. I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness. One or two drinks was never enough for me. I was a foot-on-the-floor-all-the-way drinker, so it had to go. I don't miss it."

Gerard raised eyebrows last year when he hit the red carpet looking much thinner than usual, but he chalked up the change to preparation for the surfing pic.

"If I wear a long shirt, everyone says 'Oh my God, he lost so much weight!' But this is how I look," he told E! in September. "I just used to be a lot bigger. But now I'm surfing. I'm doing a surf movie so I have to slim down. I don't know ... maybe I'm sick or something!"

While filming "Of Men and Mavericks" in Northern California back in December, he was pulled underwater and over a reef, resulting in an ambulance ride and brief hospitalization.

"This was maybe one of the few times that the reports were not exaggerated," he acknowledged last month on "The Graham Norton Show." "It was a pretty close call. ... [The waves] just took me and I couldn't get up. It was pretty hairy."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20573335,00.html

Butler has completed treatment for substance-abuse issues, his rep has confirmed to PEOPLE.

"Gerard has completed a successful course of treatment and has returned home in good health," says the spokesperson. "We will not be making any further comment at this time."

Butler, 42, checked himself into the Betty Ford clinic three weeks ago because he realized he was becoming reliant on prescription drugs after being badly injured in a surfing accident in December, TMZ reports. He allegedly decided to enter rehab before developing a full-blown addiction to the drugs.

Butler's issues reportedly date back to 2006, when he began struggling with pain management while shooting the physically demanding 300. The surfing accident occurred on the set of his latest film, Of Men and Mavericks.

According to the TMZ report, the Scottish actor had also "developed issues" relating to cocaine, but his primary concern was the prescription drugs.

Butler has long been open about his past problems with alcohol abuse. "I used to drink until I couldn't remember anything," he told The Red Bulletin (via Radar online). "I was just mad for it and on a death wish. It was madness."

• With reporting by JULIE JORDAN

http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-24-gerard-butler-rehab-substance-abuse

OH!! GERARD!!!

What went wrong, handsome??? As soon as we heard, we sat up straight with concern!!

Apparently Gerard Butler signed himself up for a nice vacay treatment getaway at the Betty Ford Center three weeks ago!!

Poor thing hurt himself so bad during the filming that he needed pain meds to soothe the aches!! But then he got hooked on them (NEVER cool) and has had issues ever since!!

Ugh!! This is why all of Hollywood needs to take a mandatory class with Dr. Drew, LOL!!

Sources also reveal, as much as we hate to hear it, that some cocaine problems developed too but the main addiction was with the prescription drugs.

Gerard is supposed to leave Friday afternoon. Hopefully he's all better… he's too much of an asset in the hunk department to spiral down that black hole!!

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/02/24/gerard-butler-rehab/

http://www.gossipcop.com/gerard-butler-rehab-drugs-pills-abuse-addiction-betty-ford-center/

http://www.thesuperficial.com/gerard-butlers-in-rehab-02-2012
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Gerard Butler is in rehab!! OMG. After I abandoned him for Michael Fassbender, it seems like Gerard fell into a deep, dark hole full of random vadge, cocaine and prescription medication. Poor guy – but that’s what happens when you lose my love – you go to a very dark place. I’m only joking around, of course. In all seriousness, I’ve had my doubts about Gerard’s sobriety for a while. Gerry famously gave up alcohol in his 20s, when he realized he was having problems. He’s spoken about his alcoholism (though he never called it that) at length in interviews. But I had always heard random pieces of gossip about Gerry doing coke, and that some recreational drug use was part of his lifestyle, along with the usual buffet of strange (if the man could main-line vadge, he would). Anyway, TMZ has more details about Gerard’s trip to rehab:

Gerard Butler is being treated for substance abuse at the Betty Ford Center … TMZ has learned.

Butler’s problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting “300″ in 2006. We’re told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming “Of Men and Mavericks,” when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.

We’re told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford 3 weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ … Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

We’re told Butler will be leaving Betty Ford later today.

[From TMZ]

Do I believe this sanitized version? Sure, I partly believe it. I think it’s perfectly possible that Gerard’s biggest addiction problem is with prescription medication, like Vicodin or something like that. I’m also guessing that Gerard was a recreational cocaine user, and that he was becoming a habitual user. Maybe he thought he was okay as long as he wasn’t mixing the stuff with alcohol? I don’t know. I do feel sorry for the big lug. Unlike so many celebrities with addiction issues, Gerard never flaunted his problems, and he was never a mess in public. He’s been dealing with all of this stuff in private – with one exception: the Brandi Glanville stuff. Do his addiction issues explain his affair with Brandi? Or does Gerard also have “addiction issues” with sex too? It wouldn’t surprise me if he was a sex addict. For real.

Poor Gerry. I hope he deals with this stuff properly and comes back a stronger person. He and Russell Brand can do yoga together.

http://www.celebitchy.com/210727/gerard_butler_is_being_treated_for_substance_abuse_problems_at_the_betty_ford_clinic/
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Gerard Butler is in rehab. He went to Betty Ford instead of Cirque De Soleil in Utah. I know it is not called that, I just always think of that whenever I hear about the Utah rehab place. Gerard's people say that he checked in for problems related to his dependency on prescription medicine.

This is the part that kills me. The statement from his people lists his biggest movie to remind people why he is a star. Forget the crap he has made lately, they want you to know that he is in pain because he gave you such a great performance in 300. Whatever. He is not just in there because of pain from filming movies and some prescription medicines. Be honest. I really don't care if he was doing coke or heroin or smoking crack with Whitney Houston. If he were honest about it and not shilling his career in his statement, I would like him a whole lot more. He probably also aggravated his pain with his weekend long "relationship" with Brandi Glanville.

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2012/02/gerard-butler-is-in-rehab.html
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

God bless you Gerry! I hope he stays at the clinic long enough to really get healed and take a rest. Dont make the mistake other actors have made by leaving clinics too soon to make movies. He seems to make one movie after another and never take a rest. Take the time Gerry to find other alternatives for physical health and stamina. California is full of natural alternatives for healing.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Friday, February 24th 2012

The Butler Is In Rehab

The percentage of coochies that have been Butlere'd plummeted to record lows earlier this month and it made the makers of the morning-after pill and lube cry themselves into the fetal position over their uncertain futures. But they can all slap themselves out of it, because Gerard Butler will be released back into the wild today and hopefully his ass will be better than ever. TMZ heard through the tip line that man slut extraordinare Gerard Butler has been drying out in the House of Betty Ford for the past three weeks. Gerard has been getting treated for an addiction to pain pills and cocaine (street name: Lohan powder).

A source type says that while shooting 300 back in 2006, Gerard suffered several injuries that left him fucked up physically and he started guzzling down painkillers to deal with the pain. Gerard's addiction to dolls got really out of control after he was badly hurt while shooting the surfing movie Of Men and Mavericks in Northern California in December. Gerard realized that he was a gay husband away from becoming Neely O'Hara and so he checked into rehab. The source also says that Gerard regularly tickles his nostrils with coke dust, but his main addiction is with painkillers. Gerard is supposed to check out of Betty Ford today.

Here's hoping that Gerard curbs his addiction soon, because there's a lot of lonely and cold assholes out there that need a poking from his no-no loving finger.

http://www.dlisted.com/2012/02/24/butler-rehab
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Something strikes me as frustrating in all of this hullabaloo ...

This story is flying all over the internet now so members from other sites can easily find their information elsewhere. This may explain the 38 guests here at the moment.

However, several sites are still apparently not allowing the information out. It continues to astound me that this happens. If you trust (and 'know') the people who post, then their opinion should be valid and interesting to other members. But they are continually silenced. Yes, privacy and sensitivity is called for but the simple expression of 'Hope he's healthy. God bless' is not exactly harmful to the culture of a place.

I like to think that The Pantry is where we can usually voice our opinions on any issue, Butler related or not.

Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Why would a site not allow it if his publicist has even made a statement is beyond me. It's as if they think Gerry can do no wrong. He's a human being with flaws just like everybody else. Talking about something doesn't equate to judging and browbeating someone.

I'm with you, Nay. It's bizarre how some of these admins and mods think. Thank God that's not the case here. We like to keep it real.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:51 pm

It's all about containing and shaping the image, DK. They all look like a pack of emus, heads in the sand and butts in the air. With support and strict discipline, GB may recover his health and reputation but it's fair to say it will take some serious lifestyle and emotional changes.

http://www.etonline.com/news/119375_Gerard_Butler_Rehab/index.html

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/02/gerard-butler-completed-rehab-home-good-health

"Gerard has completed a successful course of treatment and has returned home in good health," his rep, Rupert Fowler, told us.

"We will not be making any further comment at this time."

Sorry, I do NOT get how three weeks is enough for treatment of any debilitating illness and "good health" is a bit of a stretch.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Kaiser on Celebitchy talking about how Gerry should do yoga with Russell Brand if he also has a sexual addiction made me chuckle.

Sorry, but it did. The mental picture was just funny to me.

But this comment posted after the article just took it to another level:

Yoga with Russy…I like it. Downward dong.

Again, I wish Gerry the best. I just found it all funny.....
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Wow, Lainey blasts the story without even naming Gerry. Guess it's obvious who she is talking about when it's the major story all over the entertainment news/internet today.

http://laineygossip.com/Articles/Details/22772/Intro-for-February-24--2012

Intro for February 24, 2012

Dear Gossips,

Ready?

It’s Oscar Weekend!

Quick housekeeping first before we discuss the prescription pills:

On Sunday I’ll be on the red carpet shooting for etalk. Then during arrivals, I’ll be liveblogging on Oscars.ctv.ca and tweeting - click here for my Twitter. During the Oscars proper I’ll be in the Oscar press room continuing with the liveblog. Have a really, really good question planned for Miss Piggy and Kermit; hope they come backstage. And finally, after that, Duana and I are pulling an all-nighter for full coverage on Monday with dress analysis and commentary per tradition. We’ll start posting at 8am ET on Monday morning so please visit and refresh often! And keep emailing us; we love it!

Tomorrow’s the deadline to submit your ballots for the Annual Contest by SCENE. Click here to enter if you haven’t already. You’re playing for a trip to LA, where I am right now, and if you win I’ll send you a suggested itinerary, AND the Givenchy Nightingale. Let me remind you again of what it looks like.

So...

I guess rehab for an addiction to painkillers because of an injury is totally not the same as getting sh-tfaced at TIFF every night to the point of belligerence, right? They were smart to spin it this way, to control the story before the Enquirer did it for them. Because now his supporters can support him even more. Poor, poor brute. He must have been suffering so much. Of COURSE he had to self-medicate. Of COURSE he would never, never use anything harder, anything less legal. And don’t be ridiculous, his weight loss had NOTHING to do with cocaine.

Have a great weekend!

Yours in gossip,

Lainey

Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am

Three weeks seems reasonable to get off prescription painkillers.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 am

LegoJulie wrote:
Three weeks seems reasonable to get off prescription painkillers.

It is long enough for a purely physical addiction to painkillers, especially if the pain is gone. What takes so long for most addictions is the emotional cravings.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:45 pm

This story popped up on my MSN page as one of the news story when I pulled it up to get online. I don't really know what to add to all this. I've had different thoughts about it, but they really could all go out the window. The reality is, we really don't know the full scoop. We never really do.

As for the thoughts about why the major sites are silencing this story.....Don't they have some kind of special "relationship" with Gerry's people? Like maybe they have special access to stuff or get dibs on being included in a conference call or whatever?? If so, it's in their vested interest to play nice with Gerry coverage and keep themselves in the good graces of his "people".

I'm glad that isn't a problem here. Freedom of speech and opinion is a top priority here, not just from Donna and Nay as admin and mod, but also from the comments of the rest of us. We all tolerate divergence of opinions well here. Some of us are fans, but we are realistic ones who are not in anyone's pockets.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 pm

I'd love to be in someone's deep pocket. GIMME GIMME GIMME!

GB has an addictive personality. He gets high from acting, too, I'm sure. At least that one makes him a living in a legal way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)   Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rehabilitation for Gerard Butler (Substance Abuse)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next