The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Go down 
+2
Nay
Dallas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Frankie Goes To Hollywood Empty
PostSubject: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:37 am

http://www.mh.co.za/downtime/guy-wisdom/frankie-goes-to-hollywood

Big wave surfer, Frank Solomon, on stunting and winging with Gerard Butler

© Dillon Buirski
On the first stunt meeting for the 100 million dollar Hollywood movie about legendary Maverick’s surfer Jay Moriaty,

one of the producers was looking at Frank Solomon a bit funny.

‘‘Has anyone seen you?” the guy asked Frank, who had no idea what the guy was talking about. Then someone else came over and they both gave Frank the once over.

"I felt like an animal in the zoo," says Frank, who was then told that he'd make a perfect Gerard Butler double.

And that's how Frank got his first taste of Hollywood.

So what did he have to do?
"Most of the doubling I did for Gerard was just paddling. When I did surf though I had to go left. Going left at Mavericks is pretty sketchy. They kind of hinted: 'You dont have to go left, but we are looking for a shot like that, and if you happen to get one and fall then there are big bonus's to be made.'"

Frank had been surfing everyday, was eating well and feeling good. He reckons that big wave surfing is all in the head, and that all you really need to do is stay positive and make sure that when that big day comes you're ready.

The movie is a true-life story on the late Jay Moriarity, arguably the most respected surfer to ever surf Mavericks. With a budget of $100million and starring Gerard Butler, Frank reckons that every time he shot about one hundred people pulled together to make it happen. From directors, all kinds of foot soldiers, water safety crew, a fleet of five boats and about eight jet skis and a helicopter.

"At one point the helicopter was filming with a $500,000 camera hanging on a 30ft cable, tracking guys as they surfed down the line, which was a hell of a scene to watch. After about ten minutes of filming the camera went through a wave and almost hit a surfer. Sorry for insurance!"

After meeting Gerard Frank was invited, along with a couple of the other surfers, to a night out on the tiles. This is Frank's account of their night:

"We arrived at the bar and there were only a couple people there. I thought to myself, 'Jeez this looks pretty lame for the birthday party of the star of 300.' Top big wave surfer Greg Long was with me and when he saw my trepidation he said, 'There has got to be a back room.' Sure enough at the back of the bar I see two giant bouncers with ear pieces standing in front of a door. Inside was a scene straight out of entourage. The moment Jerry saw us he said, 'There are not enough women here. Lets go somewhere else.' In about 10 minutes there were a couple limos out front to pick us up, as well as the 20 other people that are constantly looking after him... So we were whisked away to another club with more back rooms and so it went... I’m not going to go into details about what went down that night but let’s just say it doesn’t suck being a Hollywood star. Or a kid from Cape Town with Gerard Butler as your wingman."

•We dangled Frank off of our office block for the feature The Sum Of A Few Fears. Grab the March edition, on sale now, to check it out.
Oh, and here's a video of Frank, check it out.
.Last updated: Fri, 2012-02-17 16:54

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 6:08 am

Dallas wrote:
The moment Jerry saw us he said, 'There are not enough women here. Lets go somewhere else.' In about 10 minutes there were a couple limos out front to pick us up, as well as the 20 other people that are constantly looking after him... So we were whisked away to another club with more back rooms and so it went...
Does he EVER have a quiet night? Rolling Eyes

Women must be too easily accessible for this guy.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 pm

That lifestyle won't fly with a wife.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm

I tend to think that lifestyle doesn't fly if you have morals.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:30 am

I feel like I missed out on a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 am

And random diseases.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

Those I'm glad I missed.

You think all the alcohol the partiers drink can save them from those diseases?
Back to top Go down
Helena Camacho
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Helena Camacho

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 am

Party animals... Or to have so many women is because someone has major issues and is trying to forget them... Or trying to not act his true age and wants to be living like a crazed harmonal teenager? I don't know.... My morals would not allow me too to do it... And I have done some things... Things that all eyebrows would be raising as I feel they are now..lol.... But yeah been there done that and I have the t shirt and sound track.... Not going there again... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelegendsofsouthhaven.net
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 pm

I did some things too...but not at his age. Wink

Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 6:18 pm

I once read a celebrity Q&A column years ago where people would write in with questions. One reader sent in a question that was something close to the effect of, "How come George Clooney goes from woman to woman half his age?" The column author gave a three word response: "Because he can."

So it will be with Gerry I imagine. As long as he can get laid by as many 23-year-olds as he can without having to really work for it, then I imagine he will. But at some point, he will be either too old for them or not rich and famous enough for them, and he will have to find a new way to feed the loneliness and insecurity in his soul. That is the point where he might decide to settle down, because he's out of endless, easy accessible options. But who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frankie Goes To Hollywood   Frankie Goes To Hollywood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1