The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match

Go down 
+3
Nay
DonnaKat
Dallas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Pics from the Russian site:

http://gbutler.ru/news/gerard-butler-victory-on-line/#more-18855
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Action shots:

http://www.snspix.com/dmcs_search.html?pn=1&so=2&sci=1312943154&find=Gerard+Butler&imageField_x=9&imageField_y=13

Um, this is up there with his nose picking pic......hahahahahaa
(don't pull your pud in public):

http://www.snspix.com/image/sns_picture_desk_5371381.jpg

Last edited by Dallas on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:32 pm

No watermark:

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos?q=gerard+butler
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 am

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=150370&version=int

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150761469980151&set=p.10150761469980151&type=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150761463195151&set=p.10150761469980151&type=1&pid=20633188&id=526750150

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150761465375151&set=p.10150761469980151&type=1&pid=20633232&id=526750150

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150761468855151&set=p.10150761469980151&type=1&pid=20633305&id=526750150
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 am

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:25 am

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=245888848777007&set=a.164

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 3:28 am

Gerry at the Raddison after the game:

https://www.facebook.com/search.php?init=srp&sfxp&q=gerard%20butler&type=eposts#!/photo.php?fbid=191685240896444&set=a.165256170206018.42577.100001649071760&type=1&theater
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:20 pm

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/265658-oh-bhoy-henrik-larsson-and-gerard-butler-shine-at-celtic-match/

Oh bhoy: Henrik Larsson and Gerard Butler shine at Celtic match

Hat-trick scoring Henrik was the hero of last night’s charity game between Celtic and Man U, but even he was impressed with the all star line-up.

Celtic fans enjoyed a star-studded night of football when they attended last night’s charity match between Celtic and Manchester United.

The John Kennedy Testimonial raised funds for Oxfam's East Africa Appeal.

The talent (in every sense of the word) which took to the field was impressive.

One of the biggest cheers of the night was reserved for Celtic legend Henrik Larsson, who scored a hat-trick and made a further assist to help Celtic come back from 2-0 down to win 5-2.

Fans were also delighted when Scots movie star Gerard Butler appeared, although his ball skills weren’t quite on par with his acting talents.

Paisley man Gerard is a lifelong Celtic fan and he relished every moment playing alongside heroes of the game, but he struggled to keep up with the fast pace of the pros.

That didn’t seem to bother fans who gave him a standing ovation as he left the pitch.

Even Larsson, pictured below, looked fairly impressed with Butler’s buff body as the pair shared a joke in the changing room.

Former Celtic star John Hartson (who talks about his own charity work in an interview in the video player above) later Tweeted: “Gerard butler just walked on team bus!! Looks a million dollars!!”

Other famous faces who took part for Celtic included The View’s Kyle Falconer and Westlife's Nicky Byrne.

Patrick Kielty and Tinchy Strider were joined by former Have I Got News For You host Angus Deayton, for Manchester United’s celebrity team.

Tinchy Tweeted: “I'm in Glasgow... Playing in the Man Utd vs Celtic legends/celebs game, jus walked past Roy Keane in the hotel, looks like an angry man lol”

By all accounts, it seems a great night was had by all – fans and players – raising funds for a worthy cause.

Head of Oxfam Scotland Judith Robertson said: "I want to thank everyone who played in, organised or simply came along to watch the match. It was a fantastic night's entertainment, and a reminder of the real difference football can make in the world.

"People have been really generous, and I'm delighted to say we've raised £300,000 so far. That money will make a real difference to families living in east Africa, providing the kind of things that it is difficult sometimes to imagine ever living without: water, food and shelter."

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 5:26 pm

http://www.3am.co.uk/gerard-butler-goes-blond-and-plays-football/28994/

Gerard Butler doesn't look like Gerard Butler anymore. How curious.

Charity football matches, we don't give much of a damn about.

Charity football matches featuring Gerard Butler, however... well, we still don't give much of a damn about the ball-kicking side, but it's nice to have a stare at him.

But doesn't he look weird? What's with the blond surfer dude hair? Is it for a film? He's grinning a lot more than usual too (blondes have more fun? Yawn).

In fact, is this even Gerard at all or have we been mis-sold these pictures entirely?

It's a slow news day, by the way, which is why we're over-analysing the situation somewhat.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:33 pm

So wrong. Pic at link:

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/lookalikes/81942/shit-lookalike-gerard-butlers-torso-e-ts-face.html

Shit Lookalike: Gerard Butler’s Torso & E.T’s Face
By Chris Wright

A gaggle of Celtic legends and celebrities took on their Manchester United counterparts at a sold-out Celtic Park (60,000 people for a charity run-out ain’t half bad going) last night in aid of the East Africa Appeal and, beforehand, we couldn’t help but notice that actor Gerard Butler’s torso bore a striking resemblance to the fizzog of a certain extra-terrestrial testicle…

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:59 pm

The Scotland Herald had one sentence about Gerry, and it was about his abilities on the pitch.........

Larsson and friends return give fans taste of paradise

THERE was an appearance by Lubo Moravcik, the sight of Neil Lennon running out again on the Celtic Park pitch and, typically, a hat trick by Henrik Larsson.

These were cameos for a capacity crowd to cherish in Celtic Legends’ 5-2 win over Manchester United Legends last night, but the poignancy of the game came in the opening moments.

The stadium rose to applaud John Kennedy as he was substituted after a short appearance on the field. The match was arranged to raise money for Oxfam’s East Africa Appeal but it was also an opportunity for the supporters to acclaim a player whose career was cut short through injury.

In a gesture deserving of the crowd’s unanimous praise, Kennedy donated his share of the gate receipts to charity.

Not long before Kennedy departed, John Hartson was also substituted. The Welsh striker — returning to full health after recovering from cancer — stayed on long enough to be involved in the kick-off before also leaving to a warm ovation.

With Pat Bonner hurling his old frame around in goals, Alan Thompson, Tom Boyd and John Mjallby in defence, Sutton and a still lithe Larsson up front, memories of past glories could be rekindled.

Martin O’Neill managed Celtic, while Gordon Strachan took charge of a Manchester United side that included Roy Keane, Dion Dublin, Dwight Yorke and Brian McClair. The celebrities taking part ranged from the sheer footballing ineptitude of the actor Gerard Butler, to the clever, energetic play of fellow thespian Ralf Little.

United scored the opening two goals, through Yorke and Darren Campbell, before Larsson converted a penalty. In the second half, the Swede scored with two crisp finishes before creating the fourth for Bobby Petta, who later ended the scoring with his second of the night. But the occasion was about the spirit of the fundraising, and the selflessness of Kennedy.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Audio clip of interview with Gerry after the game. Interesting that he left out all the soccer training that he has had recently.......
He's the master of spin. Very Happy

http://audioboo.fm/boos/435305-hollywood-actor-gerard-butler-tells-real-news-why-it-was-a-no-brainer-to-play-for-celtic-legends-side?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_s

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 pm

Kaiser's comments:

http://www.celebitchy.com/173792/skinny_gerard_butler_goes_home_to_scotland_to_play_in_a_charity_soccer_match/

Skinny Gerard Butler goes home to Scotland to play in a charity soccer match

Last week, in the middle of a post about what Lea Michele was wearing, I included some Gerard Butler photos that most of you ignored. We actually got emails asking why we didn’t cover the new photos of Gerard! So to you proud and moob-loving few, here you go: a whole post devoted to My Gerry.

Gerry has been all over the place lately, mostly NYC and LA, but these photos are from Glasgow. Gerry flew into his beloved Scotland on Monday, and once he touched down, he happily posed for photos with fans. He came to Glasgow to PLAY at a benefit football (“soccer”) match last night - the match is still said to be a “benefit for ex-Celtic player John Kennedy” but Kennedy requested that all of the proceeds from the match go towards relief efforts for the famine in East Africa. Many of the great past and present players from the Celtics and Manchester United played - and the Celtics won!

As far as these photos of Gerry, some upon his arrival in Glasgow, and some at the match - yes, he continues to look thinner and thinner. Do we have a problem on our hands? Has Gerard developed an eating disorder? I don’t know. I always find him hot, no matter how much he weighs, but I do prefer him with a bit more meat on his bones. I like a man with an appetite. Gerry looks like he would wrestle me for the last lettuce leaf. And he would lose. So, yes… he’s too thin. His once gorgeous arms now look kind of sad. His legs are still pretty hot, though. And he gets bonus points for playing in the match, and for doing it all for charity. Sweet man.

Oh, and Gerry just got another job too - he’s just been attached to a new film called The Bricklayer, where he’ll be playing an FBI agent gone rogue. That means he’s trying an American accent again, right? Oh, dear. I love him so much, but the man can’t do accents.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 am

On JJ:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/08/10/gerard-butler-celtic-legends-match-for-charity/#comments

Gerard Butler: Celtic Legends Match for Charity!

Gerard Butler celebrates during a charity soccer match on Tuesday (August 9) in Glasgow, Scotland.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud played on the Celtic Legends XI team against a Manchester United Legends XI group at Celtic Park.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

The game benefited Oxfam’s East Africa Famine Appeal - and over 50,000 people came out for the match!

“This is a great cause and one we should all support. The charitable spirit and generosity of our supporters is well-known and we’re sure our fans will once again lend their backing to support the many thousands of people in Africa who need our help,” Celtic manager Neil Lennon said in a release.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 am

Another JJ article (with the shirtless pic):

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/08/10/gerard-butler-shirtless-locker-room-stud/#comments

Gerard Butler: Shirtless Locker Room Stud!

Gerard Butler makes a funny face while changing in the locker room before a charity soccer match on Tuesday (August 9) in Glasgow, Scotland.

The 41-year-old Scottish stud played on the Celtic Legends XI team against a Manchester United Legends XI group at Celtic Park.

Gerard was given a personalized jersey just for the match with “Butler” on the back!

The game benefited Oxfam’s East Africa Famine Appeal - and over 50,000 people came out for the match!

Gerard recently booked a role in the upcoming film The Bricklayer.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:07 am

Michael K has chimed in on the shirtless pic:

http://dlisted.com/2011/08/10/gerard-butler-myserious-abs

Gerard Butler's Abs Are A Mystery To Me

Maybe it's because my own "abs" look like the bloated ass of a pig with an anorexic anus and the only other time I see dude abs is on celebwhores who obviously implanted plastic biscuits into their stomachs, but Gerard Butler's torso is making me bust out a Jessica Fletcher face. Right before a charity football match in Glasgow the other day, Greasy Gerry posed with his tongue and abs out in the locker room while Henrik Larsson wondered why his stomach looks like two sideways butts fading into each other. I see it too, Henrik, I see it too.

Gerry used to be as ripped as one of Kellan Lutz's nipples, and then he gained a little chunk, and now it looks like he's about step 2 into Christian Bale's DIY Machinist Diet. Gerry's abs went from a six-pack to a keg and now they look like a six-pack that has been drained and crushed. This tells me that once you get a six-pack, you cannot stop doing crunches EVER or your torso will turn into the face of a skinny blob fish.

So thanks for that, Gerry. Now I don't feel guilty about ignoring that ab crunch machine when I'm going to the elliptical at the gym. YES! Stop the everything, I've actually been doing exercise shit for about 10 minutes every two weeks. But only because I practically need an asthma inhaler after I move my mouse too fast. And because being on the elliptical makes me feel like I'm climbing up a never-ending flight of stairs with a big black dildo in each hand.

And for the record, I still would (Gerry AND the big black dildos on the elliptical).

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:34 am

Oh, the comments are priceless on DListed. Michael K always has the great, crazy comments. Here's a few:

It's Matthew McConaughey gone retarded. I did not need to see him in those bouncy curls. I am one of those smoker bitches who thought he was kind of hot back in the day. On one of my manic days, I could have and would have if given the opportunity.

I think he looks better when he's bloated looking. Now he just looks hungry and deranged.

his abs are melting

...the hair looks like the side panel illustration from a Toni home perm circa 1978...

He looks like the male version of Tara Reid after really bad lipo.
Nothing really went back correctly after the fat got sucked out.

What the hell happened to him? He looks all meth/coke/adderall binge sucked up.

I liked him better when he had a bit of chunk (about 10-15 lbs) over the muscles. Hell, I like all my mens like that.

Although I'm a bit offended by an Iggy Pop Torso without an Iggy Pop head, AH STILL WOULD

His look reminds me of when Janet Jackson gets skinny. It's that unnatural skinny where you know they are just going to blow up once they starting eating anything more than a celery stalk and a colonic for meals

While Im not enjoying the bauble head look, Im finding that tongue quite intriguing.

I thought it was McConaghey at first but the full sized arms gave it away.
-------
Bwahaha, I was thinking that his abs look like a Butterball turkey with T.rex legs.

This is just what happens when a man's skin gets old but he's been bulky/muscular. His muscle is great, but you can't beat back the olds... unless you want to take HGH or other drugs to preserve your youth.

I've been a sucker for guys with long curly hair since Peter Frampton (had hair).
I think Mr. Butler looks hot, though his torso has me puzzled too.

Wow, he looks depleted, like he did some weird HW radish juice cleanse or something

Hey looks like one of those haggard out drunks who "use to be a looker in his day."

And I quote Oda Mae Brown as Orlando in 'Ghost'..."DAMN Baby, what did you do to your hair?"

He looks like he's been spliced with Andy Dick. WTF? Did not even recognize him.

i don't see it THAT surprising at all. his muscles have always looked kinda strange, no matter how big they were. there's always been something off-putting about them. maybe he just needs a better exercise routine

EDIT: i like the hairdo though!

I would only do it if he changed his hair back to the adult version.

yeah, okay. I would. just once.

there's just *something* about him, that just reeks of pure testosterone, and anything goes in bed. completely uninhibited.

yeah I know he's a pig, and a sled dog, and definitely a triple bagger .. but I'd still consider it. :\

Nice mid-life crisis hair, douche.

I know this because one of my neighbors is so coiffed.

his body freaks me out here but i would

There's something disturbing about those crazy eyes and that pointy tongue.

Awww poor Gerry is fighting his inner fattie. The man is going to blow up like Russell Crowe and Val Kilmer. Mark my words! He's skeevy as hell, but I would most definitely hit it. I just wouldn't give him my real name or number.

The hell? Can he go a week without looking like he's been on The Swan? He should just run around with his name tattooed on his forehead so I can remember who he is

are we sure that's gerard butler? this person looks like the spawn of woody harrelson and matthew mcConaughey...and that's not a good thing

Don't care. I'd hit that all day. Determinedly. Untiringly. For free.

I think in some of the photos he looks like Randy Quaid. Crazy.

He gives Raul's sweet little old Mum the steamin' undies so I can't hate on him.

I would. Every day of the week. Even with that Mcconaughey-Carrottop-Andy Dick hair he`s sporting

This disturbs me.
The blurred outlines of the abs remind me of the visual disturbances I get right before a migraine

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:15 am

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:20 am

Here's a clip of the first few minutes of the game. He had the first opportunity to score, perfect set up and missed. I felt bad for the guy.....

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 am

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am

Here's when he came out for a rest......

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 1:26 am

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:01 am

Thanks so much, Dallas.

Honestly, he looks like a kid in a candy store. It must have been a dream come true if his expression is anything to go by. What a load of fun. Laughing
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:58 am

I'd feel that way if I got to play with the Boston or Chicago Symphony, or sing on Broadway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match   Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hollywood star Gerard Butler joins Celtic for charity match
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next