The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Empty
PostSubject: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Pics and video at link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2248235/Gerard-Butler-shows-caring-gives-charity-football-match-following-screening-latest-film.html

I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout

He's usually seen looking dapper at red carpet events or wining and dining various beautiful women when he's not filming his next Hollywood blockbuster.
But on Friday Gerard Butler showed off his caring side as he took part in a Street League charity football 5-a-side training session in South London.
The 43-year-old found time to lend his support to the charity, which helps underprivileged youths by taking part in the kick around.
Scroll down for video

Charity man: Gerard attended a Steet League charity football 5-a-side training session in South London on Friday

Getting into the spirit: Gerard seemed to really enjoyed having a kick around despite the damp and cold weather

For his film: Gerard joined in the visit Street League charity training session whilst in the UK for new film Playing For Keeps
Dressed in the charity's tracksuit the actor looked a touch on the cold-side as he waited to start his game.

However once he slipped on his luminous green bib he really got into the spirit of the game and was seen running around the pitch.
At one point it looked like the actor may have scored as he was seen pumping his fists.

Role play: In his new film Gerard plays a retired football coach who coaches his son's football team

The Scottish star seemed to get along with his team mates and was seen enjoying a laugh or two with them.

Gerard is currently in the UK to promote his new filming Playing For Keeps in which he stars as a retired football star.
On Thursday evening the actor attended a special screening at the Apollo Piccadilly Circus.

Keeping warm: Gerard kept warm on the pitch by jumping up and down before he started his 5-a-side game

Happy: Those present to play alongside Gerard seemed delighted to have him with them
Dressed in a slim-fit grey suit with plum coloured tie, he looked every inch the Hollywood star.
Following the screening, he was spotted leaving popular restaurant Lou Lou's in Mayfair on his own.
In the film, which is directed by Gabriele Muccino, Gerard's character tries to rebuild his relationship with his son and ex-wife by coaching the boy's football team, although he proves irresistible to the other mums.

Playing the dad: Gerard plays a father in his new film which will be released on New Years Day

It also stars Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta Jones.

At the beginning of the week Gerard returned from Olso where he was attending the Nobel Peace Prize concert.
He traveled alongside his girlfriend, Romanian model, Madalina Gheneam who he was first pictured with in October.
It's thought they have been dating for around seven months.

After party: Following the screening Gerard went to popular Mayfair eatery Lou Lou's

Last edited by Dallas on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dallas

I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Empty
PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=158528347&EditorialProduct=Sport#
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Is he wearing dress pants?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 pm

They could be trackpants ... tracky dacks we call 'em. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

With belt loops?

It looks like he is also wearing a short sleeved shirt/tshirt with a suede or wool-looking vest in the group pic and video.

Seriously, who picks out his clothes? So bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 pm

JJ - pics at link:

http://www.justjared.com/2012/12/14/gerard-butler-street-league-charity-soccer-training/

Gerard Butler: Street League Charity Soccer Training!

Gerard Butler hits the soccer field for the Street League charity training session on Friday (December 14) in South London, England.

The 43-year-old Scottish actor came out to support the charity which helps to change the lives of disadvantaged young people through the power of the sport.

Gerard is currently in town promoting his latest flick Playing for Keeps. The previous evening, Gerard attended a special screening for the flick in London.

Playing for Keeps is currently in theaters in the US, and will be released in the UK on January 1!

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 pm

http://celebrity-gossip.net/gerard-butler/gerard-butler-soccer-fun-london-777195

Gerard Butler: Soccer Fun in London

Taking some time off of his busy schedule, Gerard Butler showed up the Street League charity training session in Kennington Park, London, England today (December 14).

The “PS I Love You” hunk looked to be enjoying himself as he ran around on the South London pitch and checked out the 5-a-side action.

Butler has long been a supporter of the Street League charity, which helps disadvantaged youth and juvenile offenders redirect their energy into playing the sport.

Meanwhile, Gerard’s latest film “Playing for Keeps” has performed quite poorly at the box office, giving him yet another flop to his credit.

Enjoy the pictures of Gerard Butler at a Street League charity event for 'Playing For Keeps' at Kennington Park in London, England (December 14).
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:12 pm

Dallas wrote:
With belt loops?

It looks like he is also wearing a short sleeved shirt/tshirt with a suede or wool-looking vest in the group pic and video.

Seriously, who picks out his clothes? So bizarre.
Did you get out the magnifying glass, Dallas? Suspect

I only gave his pants a cursory glance; didn't see belt tabs. Remember, it's chilly in London at the moment. Not like the abnormal winter in Texas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout   I could've been a contender: Movie star Gerard Butler shows off his footballing skills at charity kickabout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: