The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?

Go down 
+5
LegoJulie
DonnaKat
Nay
LadyNOLA
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:54 pm

I welcome every opportunity I get to sit in first class. But my only opportunities thus far have been to bump up my ticket. I did have a nice man in first class bring me hot cookies one time, though.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:08 pm

pamelajane wrote:
All I can say is I agree with what all you girls have written. The only good thing that came out of this is that she got to fly in first class for a while. I hate to say it, though, that the company she kept was far from first class.

PJ's back! Annnnnnnd badder than ever!

Doin\' the Wave Doin\' the Wave
LegoJulie wrote:
How many here would go sit next to GB in first class, rather than in your seat at the ass end of the plane?

If I were flying alone, I'd take any invitation to sit in the nice wide comfy first class seat.
Actually, I'd have to think long and hard about anyone offering me a set in First Class (that wasn't a airline employee) - too many possible expectations if you know what I mean. That said, if the company was good and the food was excellent, maybe I could stand it for an hour or two. I could always rack off back to the plebs when I've had enough grandstanding.
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:21 am

Come on ladies, get real.

If she's strikingly great looking and he's a movie star with a rep for liking the ladies, what do you expect to happen? He sent her back a note to join him and she did. She could have sent the note back with a polite no. He didn't kidnap her, and they were on a plane in public view. She was charmed for a couple of hours (in first class) and gets her name in the papers. ( I see that she made very sure that she was named as the beautiful woman GB couldn't resist)

I'm sorry, I guess my behavioral standards just aren't high enough. I just don't see a problem here.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 7:31 am

Slow news day. No GB picking nose, snogging, fingering, groping anyone in public. The GB news mongerers had to grasp whatever straw blew their way and made a hot air balloon out of it. (Pun intended.)

According to the girl, there was just chatting. No mention of sex or any touching.

I guess that means the answer to the thread title is "No."
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 249353_10150245132149482_500199481_7340953_2082793_n
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:05 am

Sharabella wrote:
Come on ladies, get real.

If she's strikingly great looking and he's a movie star with a rep for liking the ladies, what do you expect to happen? He sent her back a note to join him and she did. She could have sent the note back with a polite no. He didn't kidnap her, and they were on a plane in public view. She was charmed for a couple of hours (in first class) and gets her name in the papers. ( I see that she made very sure that she was named as the beautiful woman GB couldn't resist)

I'm sorry, I guess my behavioral standards just aren't high enough. I just don't see a problem here.

Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 381961

With one exception. All of the above are excellent points. I think what bothers me though, is not so much what happened, but the age of the girl he went after. As I stated earlier in this thread (and I know I'm not alone), I just find it so nauseating for a grown man to pursue women who are like 2 decades younger than him. It's understandable that he would want to meet a beautiful woman he saw, but the key word is "woman", not "girl". And he keeps going for the girls like this one.

(Yes, I know technically she's an adult. But she's what 22? 24? I don't remember exactly. But 22 in this day in age is not what it was when our grandparents were 22. It's nearly a teenager.)
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 am

LadyNOLA wrote:
But 22 in this day in age is not what it was when our grandparents were 22. It's nearly a teenager.)
If you're going to go by behavior, GB is still a teenager, too, so he's going after the right people. Cheeky
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm

I have a female friend who's about 45...tall, thin, and very attractive. She's seeing this guy she likes but tells me she's too old for him - he's 27. I told her guys have been doing this for centuries, why is it so different when a younger man takes interest in an older woman? Trust me, she looks much better than a lot of women 20 years her junior. And according to her, he treats her much better than the other guy she was in a relationship with.

I get sick of the double standard. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

Makes a difference when it's a celebrity, too. Behavior that wouldn't be excused in your average Joe next door is acceptable when a famous person does it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Good point, Sami!

LegoJulie wrote:
LadyNOLA wrote:
But 22 in this day in age is not what it was when our grandparents were 22. It's nearly a teenager.)
If you're going to go by behavior, GB is still a teenager, too, so he's going after the right people. Cheeky

True, in order to be in a grown up relationship, he would have to do some growing up himself. Call me naive, but I'm still holding out hope that he will tire of the playboy lifestyle eventually and look for something more fulfilling. He just seems like, somewhere in there, he has more depth to him than that.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:29 am

I don't think he has much depth. This is the guy who has enough smarts to get a law degree and a lawfirm job but preferred to get sh*tfaced drunk with friends rather than work, so he quit law, moved to America to party, then got work using his good looks, and continues to party, only now with good looking young women who probably have just as much depth as he does.

/fireretardant on
Back to top Go down
Sharabella
In Desperate Need of a Lobotomy
Sharabella

Number of posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 am

Yep, sounds about right to me.

Older men have always chased younger women, but it's more evident in GB's case, because he can actually catch them.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:16 am

Actually, I believe the drinking (and the decision to no longer pursue a law career) were due, at least in part, to his depression over being in a career he knew he was neither cut out for nor wanted. I am going by his countless interviews on the subject.

I didn’t mean to imply that I was mainly referring to maturity and responsibility when I used the term “depth”. I was referring more to the depth of his soul. An artist’s soul. Or an emotional/artistic/intellectual/spiritual/creative form of depth. He may have behaved irresponsibly in his position with the law firm (not to mention all the other times), but, in terms of the law career, I think it’s at least partially understandable in the grand scheme of things. I know what’s it’s like myself to suffer depression because you’re stuck in a career that makes you miserable. And even if you know what would make you happy, you’re not sure about how to attain it.

I also don’t believe Gerry got to where he is on his looks alone. I’m really hoping MGP and Coriolanus go a long way to helping his credibility as an actor, not just a movie star. His recent poor choices in movie roles have overshadowed his previous films. I believe he showed true acting talent in some of his earlier roles. I also think he has an energy/charisma/screen presence that is not just based on his looks and that has served him well in his profession, or at least it did before he started making poor film choices.

This is all just my opinion. I know I don’t actually know him. He may, in fact, turn out to be shallow after all. However, I also know that like half, if not less, of what is written about him is probably not true, or is at least exaggerated or taken out of context, etc. Though on the other hand, some, maybe even most, of it might very well be actually true. We just don’t know. So I consider the source and take some of it with a grain of salt. I also remember that we hear just as many favorable stories about Gerry (kindness to fans, charity work, spiritual/soul searching quests) as we do unfavorable ones. I may be proven wrong, and I am more than willing to concede that possibility. But I still hold out hope that somewhere there is a man who possibly possesses depth, even if he doesn’t always live up to it.

Again, this is all just my opinion. I am by no means suggesting everyone agree with me. We all have our own perceptions of Gerry. That’s what makes this site so great, that we feel free to share them here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?    Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Gerard Butler pull the girl in seat 42B?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2