The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blog about PTF filming in neighborhood

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Blog about PTF filming in neighborhood Empty
PostSubject: Blog about PTF filming in neighborhood   Blog about PTF filming in neighborhood Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:00 am

(Pic at link. Posted on 4/13/11)

http://archive.aweber.com/southern_gal/16SHw/h/Don_t_tell_Prince_William_.htm

Last week was pretty cool, in the hip sense of the word. (did I just use the word 'hip' in public?) One of my neighbors agreed to have part of a movie filmed at their house. Needless to say, it was one big novelty event for 5 days! The streets were filled with 18-wheelers, lighting trucks, equipment trucks, and cars and vans of every size. I got a really close look at why movies cost as much as they do to produce: lots of people doing lots of little tasks, and doing them over and over again, with a lot of standing around waiting in between.

We live on a pretty quiet street. It's not a thoroughfare, and there are always lots of walkers, bikers and strollers. Last week, that number increased for sure! Everyone in the neighborhood and their friends were out to see if they could get a glimpse of Gerard Butler or Jessica Biel. On several occasions I wandered down to check out what was happening, but didn't see much except an occasional glimpse of Gerard from 50 yards away.

At night they had the place lit up like daylight, so on Wednesday I wandered down to see how they made that magic happen. A bunch of neighbors were there and it was about 9:30 at night. After about 45 minutes they "wrapped" shooting for the night and left. We stood there hoping to just get a glimpse of Gerard Butler as he got into the car across the street from us. Instead, he walked over and asked if we wanted some pictures! Talk about being in the right place at the right time. I am not a groupie, but didn't let the opportunity pass by for something to post in Facebook or put in a newsletter. (See how thoughtful I am?)

How can you be in the right place at the right time to make magic happen? I think this saying is true: The harder I work, the luckier I get. Get out and go places. Make connections, build relationships online and offline, and you can't help but have greater success. There really isn't anything magic about it. Networking pays off.

I hope you find your dream man, dream job, or dream client this month! Send me an email and let me know what you are doing to be in the right place at the right time.

Amy Kinnaird
Social Media Evangelist / Executive Consultant

Back to top Go down

Blog about PTF filming in neighborhood
Page 1 of 1