The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Empty
PostSubject: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:55 am

http://sunnylass.tumblr.com/post/2516762667/youre-a-dragon-slaying-machine-interview-with

You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson

One of them is about to become Hollywood’s ladies’ man #1 - the other cultivates his abstruse sense of humor on his US late night talk show. What do Gerard Butler and Craig Ferguson have in common? Three things: They are both hysterically funny, they were born in Scotland and they both voice act in “How to train your dragon”.

Butler lent his voice to the main character’s father, Ferguson plays the teacher of the viking teenagers. Due to their scottish accents they both fit perfectly in this hilarious dragon training scenery. What do Vikings and Scotsmen actually have in common? We asked them…

Craig Ferguson: Where are you from again?

From Munich, Germany.

Craig Ferguson: I’ve been there this year.

Gerard Butler: Me too.

But not for the Oktoberfest?

CF: Nah, that’s not for me…

GB: I won GQ’s “Man of the Year.”

Yeah, I wanted to ask you about that. How was it?

GB: Fantastic, a great honor. It was a great evening. My good friend Til Schweiger won in the national categorie, I got the international one. So we had a lot to joke about. I had a good time and it was cool to get awarded and to go to Munich.

Back to the movie. Is it just a coincidence that you’re both Scottish and play Vikings? Or are there similarities?

CF: I do believe that modern Scots are the closest thing to real Vikings, don’t you think?

GB: Yes. I’ve been to Norway, Sweden and Iceland. They’re just a bunch of wusses…

CF: You shouldn’t say that! I agree, but I would’ve been more polite about it…

Oh, don’t worry, keep bad-mouthing them. After all, I’m from Germany.

GB: Also wusses.

CF: Nooooooo….

GB: Just kididng! No, I do think that Vikings and Scots are very similar. We Scots have a lot of Viking blood in us. Plus, they always brag about their celtic roots in Iceland, because the Northmen sailed to Scotland, stole all our females (except for the weird ones) and took them home with them. So 50 % of their blood is celtic as well.

CF: You should keep in mind that we’re no real Vikings. We’re just cartoon Vikings, which is perfect for us. You should leave every sort of real violence to the professionals.

I don’t know…at least you, Mr. Butler, already got some experience as a dragon slayer. Like in Reign of Fire…

GB: Right. I played also a Viking in Beowulf & Grendel…

CF: Man, you really must hate dragons! You kill them off whenever you can! You’re a dragon-slaying machine, that’s what you are!

Did you have some sort of ritual to get yourself into Viking mood for the tapings? Beat someone up, drink beer, put on a helmet or something?

GB: Yes, but that case was just closed in court, so I’d rather not talk about that. (laughs) [explanation: Butler allegedly hit a photog repeatedly at the premier after-party of Guy Richie’s “Rock’n’Rolla”]

I’ve read about that. So it was just your training for the movie? That explains everything!

CF (laughing): Yeah sure, you were just “training” at that bar…

GB (laughing as well): Exactly! Plus, it was just a paparazzi…

CF: So who cares?

GB: No, seriously. I think neither Craig nor me had any dificulties to get into our characters. Deep voices, big personalities…that’s easy.

CF: Yeah, it was pretty easy. It’s a good movie, it’s all there. We didn’t even have to act! They just put you in there and improve you!

Did you really work together or did you record on your own?

CF: We did some things together - but also some on our own. Just like in real life.

CB: When I did get to have it my way, we worked seperately.

CF: Right. I was chasing after him all the time, screaming “Please please please record with me! After all, you’re ‘International Man of the Year’!” (laughs)

GB: And I had to tell him “Well, it’s just in Germany.”

Wait a minute - it’s JUST Germany?

CF: Yeah, what do you mean? You make me “International Man of the Year” in Germany and I would sing it to the world!

GB: I did that!

CF: Too late, man. You screwed up.

I’m sure I could arrange that: You’ll get the award in 2010, Mr. Ferguson.

CF: Yes, that’ll be my year in Germany!

GB: What’s that lovely painting on your folder? Did you paint it yourself?

Err…no. It’s from Franz Marc, a well-known German painter. You don’t know him?

CF: I do, of course. But then again, I’m not “International Man of the Year” in Germany…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Original article: http://de.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/3038/du-bist-eine-drachenschlachtende-maschine-interview-mit-gerard-butlercraig-ferguson.html (translation by sunnylass)
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Empty
PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks, Dallas! I always like the two of them together.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:13 am

oh, didn't know Gman was friends with Til. The things you learn.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 am

They were in Tomb Raider together.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 am

Quote :
One of them is about to become Hollywood’s ladies’ man #1 - the other cultivates his abstruse sense of humor on his US late night talk show.

Hey, I think Craig Ferguson is a doll! But I guess you can't be a "Hollywood Ladies Man" when you're married.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:48 am

Isn't Brad Pitt married?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:21 am

nope, just taken...no ring, no certificate, nothing.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:23 am

Dallas wrote:
They were in Tomb Raider together.

I thought they might have been in something, but I hardly noticed anyone else other than Gman and Jolie.

I could have looked it up, too, but thanks to you, all knowing of Gman trivia, I don't have to. You've saved my wrist from getting more achy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson   You’re a dragon-slaying machine!”: Interview with Gerard Butler & Craig Ferguson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1