The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Online gossip and message boards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Online gossip and message boards Empty
PostSubject: Online gossip and message boards   Online gossip and message boards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 am

The Internet has spawned a new breed of people--online bullies and beeyatches who love to hide under their anonymity to be mean to others.

I am not saying this because I have recently been the target of online meanies because of what I do, but because of reading a thread on a gossip site with a friend for what we thought would be giggles and grins. I am not going to mention the name of the site because I don't want to give the posters there any satisfaction. What we found were people attacking each other verbally, even cruelly. It seems to be a trend on many online sites no matter what the topic is.

I wonder how those people would act in real life? Would they be so offensive?

I enjoy the camaraderie here. And at any rate, I can't imagine getting my panties (when I wear them) all in a wad over something someone I didn't know said. I don't get that upset over things in real life.

That being said, I do feel sorry for Gerry because of those boards. I don't think he personally reads any of the online gossip or message boards but I think his "people" may very briefly summarize it for him. I hope he laughs it off, as I do, and gets back to enjoying life. I even feel a little apologetic for some things I said. I truly just want him to be happy and true to himself, no matter what that means for him. I don't also agree with him or understand his ways, but if he is at peace I am glad.

I am thankful we are not that way on this board. We can disagree respectfully. That's the key--respect. Not everyone is going to see things the same way. But as humans, we should all respect our right to be different.

Back to top Go down

Online gossip and message boards
Page 1 of 1