The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?   Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:19 pm

His attire is understandable now; he's in an action flick,playing a scruffy trailer park biker criminal and needs to look the part and be comfortable. But folks (on other sites)seem to make a big deal about his t-shirts, weight gain,weight loss, beard growth,etc.etc. Brad Pitt seemed to go through that for a while with the beard.Sometimes I wonder if he's sick of it all and wants to just chill. Or maybe not attract anymore unnecessary ladies. Before he seemed to keep his appearance up at all times (but than again he had to as a training lawyer and then as an actor wanting to get in movies and attract attention). What do you guys think???
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?   Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:22 pm

On one side, I think there's the reason you've shared.

On the other, I think his 'beefcake-ness' gives him some confidence to go after the kind of women he wants to be with, or whatever he does with them.

I also think it hurts him in a way, because the most critical people want him to always look like he was as King Leo.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?   Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi LTGJ.

GB's attire, unless formal occasions, seems to be permanent casual. I have no real issue with that. I just wish he would sometimes introduce himself to an iron. The weight issue is another one entirely. Whether it is for roles or his way of life, he seems to yo-yo in size. I don't imagine that it is good for the body nor healthy for the future.

As to his chilling, unless he is a Type A personality, I assume he is like most people and needs quiet time, good friends, no restrictions/responsibilities and creative outlets at key times in his life.

But, as we have said many times before, we don't know him. He's not our next door neighbour, nor our cousin. Thus, his intentions and actions remain a mystery that we enjoy unravelling ... usually with a laugh at his expense! Laughing
Back to top Go down
luvthatgerryjuice
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal

Number of posts : 273
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?   Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Good answers. His casual side personally doesnt bother me, but somethings I think being labelled "sexy" and "beefcake' can be annoying to actors who what to be taken more seriously. Now to me Gerry is an superb actor. But Hollywood tends to feel that anyone whos really handsome, or with muscles or beautiful and curvy shouldnt worry about acting or simply doesnt know how to act. Vin Diesel seems to suffer from that problem too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?   Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think Gerry resents being looked at as "beefcake" at times?
Page 1 of 1