The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

French Kiss

Go down 
+6
Geranimal
sami_stardust
kayanne
LegoJulie
Dallas
Nay
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

French Kiss - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:51 am

Quote :
I believe video over any writer's account, but pics are a close second. I have seen how writers can make something out of nothing in order to have a headline - especially when you are dealing with a tabloid publication.

Absolutely! And I agree on another point. He knows his reasons. But you can't blame anyone for being skeptical of what he does because of his past actions.
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

Ah, Gerry is at it again and if his intentions for this girl are sincere, I hope he doesn't hurt her. I, too, found the body language interesting in the photos, but like Dallas said, they are only a moment in time. A video would say so much more. I haven't checked the threads...is there a video? But even that wouldn't tell the whole story. Only Gerry and Laurie know the story.

I'm still confused, though. He really lives a mixed up life.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I think Gerry is pretty much like most men, wants his cake and eat it too only it seems cake just falls on his face and wiggles!

I mentioned all of Gerry's recent "behaviors" to my husband and ask him his take on it all, from a man's perspective and he said;

"Gerry's a hot, single man, rich, an actor and he can do anything he wants to and I say, as a man, GO FOR IT because if I were him, I'd be doing the same thing. Gerry's my man! I like him! You girls, cut him some slack!"

There you have it "girls"!

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Sorry, I don't think all men are like that, nor do all men want to be like that. Nor all women want to be in her shoes. Maybe I just have good examples of loving couples around me who really believe in something more than 'just here and now'.

I agree that many man think they want to be like that, but they don't see the other side of all that stuff. It's easy to want all that without responsibility or repercussions. It's all fantasy. While good men come home to admiring partners, Gman acts like he is constantly looking for something that a lot of people have already found.

Who really is the luckier? The one who knows someone will be there at home waiting, or the one who had to go and find someone all the time?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Quote :
Sorry, I don't think all men are like that, nor do all men want to be like that. Nor all women want to be in her shoes. Maybe I just have good examples of loving couples around me who really believe in something more than 'just here and now'.

I come from a family of successful, long-term and happy marriages (I know--what happened to me!). As my roomies said, many men go through a manwhore phase when they are young but not all of them. They are both over 35 and they would love to find a great woman for a long-term commitment.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:18 am

I never said ALL men, I said most and half of the ones that tell you any different are telling you what you want to hear.

I don't think all long term marriages are successful either. Some remain together out of necessity. Not too long ago, women did not have the financial power or resources to get out of an unhappy or bad marriage, so what might have appeared on the surface to be "successful" just because it was long, isn't necessarily the case.

The divorce rate in this country is nearly fifty percent. I can see why anyone would be cautious about getting hitched.

I don't believe you have to have someone waiting at home for you to be happy. I've always said that I'd rather be single, either happy or unhappy, then married and miserable.

Ger
Back to top Go down
Dallas

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 am

I'll jump in and put my two cents in on this discussion based on my personal experience:

I have a lot of male friends. Always have. We talk about everything. They don't sugar coat anything. Based on my long time friendships with them as well as my own personal experience with dating men, I think that a lot of men do love dating around and lots of women. But I agree with those that have said that they enjoy it during certain parts of their lives -- typically when they are younger. At some point, and often it is when they reach their 30s and older, it gets old. They've "been there, done that" and want a change. They want something more - and that often includes a commited relationship or marriage or even families. Everyone is different, but I have known a lot of womanizers that meet the right woman at the right time in their lives and they want decide that they want a monogomous relationship with that one person. It is just a matter of the timing in their lives and the person.

I have always thought that Butler has arrested development and is living his life like most of us did in our 20s. At some point, that gets old for most people and other things start to interest them (and their friends start settling down etc). Going to clubs every night becomes boring etc. People change and evolve.

I don't think Gerry has reached that point. Maybe he will in the future, or maybe he won't. It's his life to live and he may be happy with the way it is. But I look at him and think to myself "been there, done that" and I have moved on to other things that I find more fulfilling. I call it growing up, but in reality I think it's more about evolving and changing as a person - which happens as you move into your 30s etc and you become more established in your career, more comfortable in your own skin and you begin to know what you want in your life. I think that is why people find his behavior as a 40 year old man somewhat perplexing. For a lot of us, it's the 'been there, done that" scenerio and we don't see why it is appealing to someone at his age.

Two words: Arrested Development.......Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:11 am

You are right, you didn't say all men, but I didn't say you said all men.

Nor did I mention you had to be married to be happy.

Yes, the divorce rate is quite large for a lot of reasons. But like I said, my influences do not reflect that experience, and I can only go by what I experience, as my opinion. There are long and happy marriages, too, despite the numbers. If I see it around me, something good must be happening.

As for statics and surveys, it is known that people who have someone to come home to, live longer and are happier than those who don't have someone stable in their life. And I don't ever think I ever said marriage, although statics do show that marriage is healthier than just living together.

Yes, there are bad marriages, and there are good marriages.

I was just responding to what your hubby said, being that he was the acting spokesman for 'most men' talking to us 'girls'.

I don't think Gman is being cautious in any which way he's acting. I also don't think fans should be making excuses for his 'manly' behavior. Just because someone is a man, doesn't mean he shouldn't act like a human being. It greatly bothers me when we just accept mens' less than respectable actions, because they are men. I hear it all the time. And I still don't understand what the excuse really is. I get people want fun. I love fun. But I don't have to hurt someone to have a good time.

I also feel very strongly that if you lower your expectations, to accommodate someone, you won't be happy. You will only be happy when you are true to yourself. And personally, we don't know what makes Gman true to himself. We've yet to see any healthy consistency in his life.

Again, it's only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 am

I'm thinking about Richard Dean Anderson. Dated a lot. Met someone good enough to have kid with and had a daughter at 48. Still not married, but is a serious father. Probably doesn't have time to date around now since he spends as much time as possible with daughter.

It's a lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Quote :
As for statics and surveys, it is known that people who have someone to come home to, live longer and are happier than those who don't have someone stable in their life. And I don't ever think I ever said marriage, although statics do show that marriage is healthier than just living together.

I worked in a heart surgeon's office for many years. The majority of our patients were male, married long term with housewives for mates. There were very few patients who were single men or women and the majority of women patients were married and housewives. People also tend to get fatter when they marry, both sexes, more so with males. Studies are unclear as to whether it is actually the marriage that helps keep people healthier and living longer or it's the social support.

Here's a link to some interesting findings.

http://www.unmarried.org/opinion-single-vs.-married-who-really-lives-longer.html
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1907143,00.html

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

intresting Ger...I should everyone should decide how they live love and and...I have to older sister....one was married has two kids, is divorced now, one is married lives a good life but her husband should get pregnat and get the kids...me had two longterm relationships and a lot of fun before and after that, my little brother is 25 the same horoscope like Gerry had one siriouse relationship, he says so, and now he enjoys life like Gerry....everyone is different. But I have too say I cannot imagine anymore living with a men have been too long on my own.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:06 pm

I think it's kind of common sense that in general someone who has relationships and support from other human beings is probably happier than someone who is isolated and alone. Human beings are social creatures by nature - although there are exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 pm

I think many fans have set Gerry to their standards. They've put him on that pedestal and I don't believe he asked for that nor did he claim he was anything other than who he is. He let many of his female fans down by seemingly confirming his womanizing behavior in public.

Just because I may have opinions as to WHY he does it doesn't mean I condone it. But Tiger Woods will be forgiven by his fan base of males so if that doesn't tell you something about the male mindset, nothing will. It will be interesting to see how many of all those decent males condemn his behavior.

My husband responded to a question I asked him from a male perspective. He merely stated most men would do the same as Gerry if given the chance. He gave no timeframe for it as in "phases". Men are notorious for the midlife crisis too and I believe Gerry has reached that landmark age. Go ask another man and depending on his level of honesty, he'll give you another answer, perhaps the one you want to hear.

Kayanne has informed us her male roommates/buddies have looked on and made comments and they say that males go through "manwhore" phases but at some point want something different. That's a nice diplomatic way to answer her question and stay somewhat truthful. If they were honest, they might not get homemade cupcakes and their clothes picked up off the floor. Smile

Ger
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:29 pm

most of the men a want a good realtionship and a wife which cooks and look after them , they still want their fun too.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Geranimal wrote:

My husband responded to a question I asked him from a male perspective. He merely stated most men would do the same as Gerry if given the chance. He gave no timeframe for it as in "phases". Men are notorious for the midlife crisis too and I believe Gerry has reached that landmark age. Go ask another man and depending on his level of honesty, he'll give you another answer, perhaps the one you want to hear.

Ger, I don't know who you are responding to, but if this is directed at my post, I'm a little confused about what you are saying. My male friends have never told me "what I want to hear" and I was speaking about them, and about my own experiences with men only.

Your husband's opinion may be different than my friends. They are different ages, and different people. But my friends are no less honest with me than your husband is with you, I can assure you. I have known them for 25 years and know them pretty well. Plus, I have observed things with my own eyes. I also think just because K's roommates have said something about men eventually wanting something more, that doesn't mean that they were being dishonest with her. It is possible for some men to have differing viewpoints from your husband without it being because they are dishonest or saying what they think people want to hear. Men don't think like a collective. Perhaps I have missed your point, if so, I apologize.

I agree with you about the mid-life crisis thing. But I think it is common in both sexes. It's just a natural examining of one's life and what one has done up until that point. Some people act out and some don't. I don't know if Gerry is having a mid-life crisis though. How can you tell if he is? It seems like he has always behaved this way and it's just more of the same. hahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
andrea

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:05 pm

@"It seems like he has always behaved this way and it's just more of the same. hahahahaha!"

your really right there !!!!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Who says you can't have fun in a relationship?

I'm not advocating that everyone get married. I'm still single, so it's not like I'm pushing.

I could probably find articles, too, about how statically, people in relationships are found to be happy, so it's mute both ways.

I do agree that fans do this:
Quote :
I think many fans have set Gerry to their standards. They've put him on that pedestal and I don't believe he asked for that nor did he claim he was anything other than who he is. He let many of his female fans down by seemingly confirming his womanizing behavior in public.

The problem is many of them don't realize they do this and that's what eventually I'm trying to say.

Of course my opinion of Gman is going to be what I see and what I hear and how I think. So is everyone elses opinion of Gman. That's what makes these discussions so great.

As far as Tiger Woods will be remembered, the damage is done. Sure, the golf fans will always praise his skills, but he will always be remembered as the cheater. Ditto with a lot of other high profile people. It's not easy to forget that. Like I mentioned elsewhere, it's better to break off the relationship than to be known as a cheater. It affects all aspects of your life.

But I don't think of Gman as a cheater, so I'm not quite sure where that came from. At least, I don't know.

Quote :
I think it's kind of common sense that in general someone who has relationships and support from other human beings is probably happier than someone who is isolated and alone. Human beings are social creatures by nature - although there are exceptions.

I think it's more human need...for most people. There are always exceptions to everything.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:26 pm

I think you ask any five people the same question and you are going to get five different answers no matter what. That doesn't make one right and one wrong.

Quote :
That's a nice diplomatic way to answer her question and stay somewhat truthful. If they were honest, they might not get homemade cupcakes and their clothes picked up off the floor. Smile

The only thing time they are not being truthful with me is on fashion-- not deliberately but because they have no fashion sense. I make cupcakes and take care of everyone--I have a strong nurturing side. And the cupcakes were a fluke the other day because I had some flour that was about to expire. I am known for my brownies and I can make them a lot of different ways. If any of you come visit I will make your favorite--butterscotch (my fave), cheesecake, double fudge, peanut butter... I don't limit my nurturing side or my desserts to my buddies just so that they will tell me what I want to hear.

I think that we just have a bunch of different answers because we all have different life paths. I am "cool with that" as some dude said to me today. I like hearing the different thoughts because it challenges me and makes me think.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:52 am

Dallas wrote:
I have known them for 25 years ...
Hmmmm ... since college or before? So 25 + 18 = 43. Hmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:49 am

A few since childhood and a few from college. And we are still the best of friends.
I know that's hard for you to believe - that I havn't run them off. Or hard for you to believe that I am still younger than you!!!!!! hahahaha!

Keep trying with the math, but you'll never guess....afterall, I'm 101.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 pm

K, I'm just funnin' with ya! Bake all the cupcakes and brownies you're heart desires. But I draw the line at picking up an adult man's clothes!

And before anyone gets cute and asked me if I would pick up Gerry's clothes....yes, but that's because he's not an adult man! French Kiss - Page 2 400217

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:23 pm

Lol! It's cool! But I am not kidding about the brownies. If you come to my house, I will usually make some.

However, my ex is back in town and he wants me to make a "Better Than Sex" cake this weekend. We all know (and I am sure our GMan would agree) that nothing is that good.

Oh, and I went to my mom's this morning and she told me flour shouldn't expire. So I rushed those damned cupcakes for nothing. Not sure is she is right.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Keep it in the freezer, K. I mean the flour, that is!

You know what would be better than sex or cake? Sex AND cake and not necessarily in that order! Perving

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Quote :
Keep it in the freezer, K. I mean the flour, that is!

Great tip! I am buying some this weekend so that is where it will go! See all the things we learn here?

Oh, there will only be cake this weekend!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm

"Let Them Eat Cake"!
(I couldn't resist)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French Kiss   French Kiss - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

French Kiss
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next