The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
kayanne
Geranimal
Nay
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Empty
PostSubject: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20388587,00.html

Caught in the Act!

Quote :
• In Paris for a two-day commercial shoot on Rue Martel, Gerard Butler stopped into L'Avenue for lunch and, later, Stresa for dinner. In between meals, the Scottish actor invited a male friend to share some sunshine and the scenery on the terrace of restaurant Chez Francois by the Pont de l'Alma.

Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:13 pm

Paris has some cold, wet days ahead Mr Butler. Cuddle up to someone warm.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:40 pm

That shouldn't be a problem for Gerry, should it? What's a "commercial shoot" by the way?

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:53 pm

He is filming a commercial. The product is a mystery, I guess.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Don't know if he'd do a drink or smoke, so cross those off.

Parfume? Cars? Food?
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:58 pm

MMMM. Thought about it something and changed my mind.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:22 am

I thought about something, too. I'm going to post it in a member's only area.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:42 am

I'm thinking a watch maybe. Don't know why. If you've ever been shopping in The Grand Caymen's, St. Thomas or Nassau, there's pics of celebs all over the place advertising watches, like Clooney, Pitt and Tiger Woods. Everytime I'd see those I'd think how some watch company needs to get Gerry. Cartier maybe? Just a thought.

Ger
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:05 am

I could be a print ad, not a commercial.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:58 am

I know he was approached about doing an add or commercial in South America for a beer company and he doesn't drink.

He's not a big lover of perfume on women although he loves his Jo Malone, so I'm doubting it's for a fragrance like Chanel or something.

He should do an add for tourism in Scotland. That would be great!

Maybe clothing, might be a car, could be a water, but I'm going with the watch.

Ger
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:11 am

He was also approached by Gillette a while back. It might explain why he shaved, he wouldn't do it for them before.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
He was also approached by Gillette a while back. It might explain why he shaved, he wouldn't do it for them before.

Good point, DK! Gillette sells alot of products too beside men's toiletries. Didn't they merge with Keebler or Nestle or something? LOL!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Wait, so you are telling me that Gman has been wearing the same cologne all this time? All the freebies he gets and he's stuck with the one Jo Malone? That was from an interview years ago. I would be very surprised if he even still wears that cologne when he can get his hands on some other great stuff.

And you don't have to drink, wear, or use whatever they sell in other countries. Before the internet, celebs were all over the world, hawking stuff that we didn't even know about.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:48 pm

i'm still wondering why he likes to wear it himself and doesn't want women to?? maybe he was just smart enough to not say that he liked a particular cologne on women until he's getting PAID to promote it. lol! (coz you know the minute he said that he liked a particular scent...half the women on the planetwould rush out to buy a bottle!) Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:54 pm

sami_stardust wrote:
i'm still wondering why he likes to wear it himself and doesn't want women to?? maybe he was just smart enough to not say that he liked a particular cologne on women until he's getting PAID to promote it. lol! (coz you know the minute he said that he liked a particular scent...half the women on the planetwould rush out to buy a bottle!) Laughing

All the more reason to have him hawk it! So he could be promoting something for women too. I don't think a celeb has to use the product but people buy it because they think they do if they are endorsing it and doesn't hurt to see them around wearing or using the product either.

The thing I like about "Unisex" scents and products is that they're subtle. Jo Malone has stuff you can mix and match with moisterizers and soaps that won't clash the scents but go together to make another fragrance.

I'm allergic to most scents but enjoy wearing a bit now and then.

I think Gerry like's his women with that soapy, clean scent. If you've looked at him wearing that Colorado Buffs tee shirt enough, you might understand why he might prefer to wear a fragrance once in a while himself!

I think Gerry just says the first thing that comes in to his mind. Next time you ask him the same question, he'll give a different answer, soap today, Chanel No.5 tomorrow.

Ger
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Geranimal wrote:
He's not a big lover of perfume on women although he loves his Jo Malone, so I'm doubting it's for a fragrance like Chanel or something.
Are you basing this on any evidence? Last time I read anything about him and cologne, it was ages ago and much could have changed frankly.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Nay wrote:
Geranimal wrote:
Are you basing this on any evidence? Last time I read anything about him and cologne, it was ages ago and much could have changed frankly.

I try to not base anything on what I read but more what comes from his own mouth so let me rephrase that....he isn't a big lover of perfume on women or so I've heard him say.

As far as his own preferences on personal scents, I know people who have been in very close proximity of him several times, long ago and much more recently and say they definately recognize the scent on him immediately, Nutmeg and Ginger. That's pretty consistent evidence right there (I guess unless they're smellin' their own! LOL!).

Personally, I'd love the opportunity to smell Gerard Butler myself, but that's yet to happen. I'll make sure I give my indepth report to my own personal findings even if I have to ask him but until then, we'll have to settle on speculation. It's more fun anyway.

As far as the soap thing, he's been questioned so many times about what kind of women he likes, he's mentioned the "clean soapy" smell thing a couple of times actually. Once someone says something more than one time, I tend to believe it a bit more.

Gerry seems to also say stuff that he doesn't mean depending on his mood but he also SEEMS like a creature of habit with what he wears.

Ger
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Geranimal wrote:
Once someone says something more than one time, I tend to believe it a bit more.
New toy!
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 6:26 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
Geranimal wrote:
Once someone says something more than one time, I tend to believe it a bit more.
New toy!

Sorry, would you repeat that please?

Ger
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:07 pm

I was next to him, and didn't smell anything. And this was when he was a smoker. No scent whatsoever, but I guess it was a good thing he didn't stink, right?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:43 pm

I've never heard that he doesn't like perfume on women (or any comment to that effect) and I tend to remember everything I read and see, or at least the gist of it - it's a curse of my profession. Do you have a link to any of those interviews? I'd be curious to see where that was stated, and why it doesn't ring a bell with me. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:49 pm

i'd be interested in that as well, dallas. thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:50 pm

I think I might have read it in an interview once. It sounds familiar, anyway. For the life of me I couldn't tell you where, though.

Soap is perfumy too. They put fragrance in soaps.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:58 pm

I recall something about a liking a clean smell or something (but I don't know if he was talking about women or himself). I kind of think it might have been in reference to the colognes he likes, but I could be wrong. I don't remember anythign about him not liking perfume though. Kind of odd if he likes it on himself but not on others.......

scratch
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I think a great deal is attributed to a run-of-the-mouth sound blip or quote.

Even if I see something in print, my common sense has taught me to question, not just believe holus-bolus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris   People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People blurb about why Gerry was in Paris
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next