The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watched Dracula 2000

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Watched Dracula 2000 Empty
PostSubject: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

I didn't see a place in the movie section for this one so I thought I would post it here. I am so keyed up when I get home that I can't sleep so last night--well early this morning--my roomie and I watched Dracula 2000.

I wasn't impressed with the movie at all but I can see what Joel Schumacher saw in GB. He has a presence that is hard to explain. Yeah, he is the lead character, yeah, we all know he is hot but I think it's beyond that. When he is in a scene you do forget anyone else is there. I am going to watch it again when I get a chance.

A funny side note--when I was very young I saw a trailer for a vampire movie. I spent my entire childhood afraid of Dracula and slept with the covers around my neck until...well for a long time! I shouldn't told my roomie that story because he is giving me hell and talking in a weird vampire voice. I am not scared of vampires anymore--much.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Schumacher didn't direct Dracula, Kayanne. He did POTO with GB.

Patrick Lussier directed it and I thought he did a dreadful job (co-writer/director). The only original twist was the Judas part.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

schumaker said he saw g in "D2" tho, and that's when he got the idea of using him for POTO! bet that's why kayanne was talking about, nay nay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Kayanne, I'm a contradiction-I love Dracula films, but hate all the killing and blood. Go figure.

I did like Gman's appearance. It's too bad they didn't push Gman on this film, but instead pushed those who died early on and Ms. Ryan. I remember the big push for Ms. Ryan.

And the whole Judas/Dracula comparison was clever.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Sami--that's what I was talking about. You are already figuring out what I think. I can see why Shumacher wanted G for POTO after this. I really didn't expect to be impressed by G in this but I was.

I actually can't wait to watch it with my other roommate. I have been telling him about it and he is looking forward to it. We are going to watch LAC this weekend too---a Gerard Butler film festival!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched Dracula 2000
Page 1 of 1