The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watched Dracula 2000

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Watched Dracula 2000 Empty
PostSubject: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

I didn't see a place in the movie section for this one so I thought I would post it here. I am so keyed up when I get home that I can't sleep so last night--well early this morning--my roomie and I watched Dracula 2000.

I wasn't impressed with the movie at all but I can see what Joel Schumacher saw in GB. He has a presence that is hard to explain. Yeah, he is the lead character, yeah, we all know he is hot but I think it's beyond that. When he is in a scene you do forget anyone else is there. I am going to watch it again when I get a chance.

A funny side note--when I was very young I saw a trailer for a vampire movie. I spent my entire childhood afraid of Dracula and slept with the covers around my neck until...well for a long time! I shouldn't told my roomie that story because he is giving me hell and talking in a weird vampire voice. I am not scared of vampires anymore--much.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Schumacher didn't direct Dracula, Kayanne. He did POTO with GB.

Patrick Lussier directed it and I thought he did a dreadful job (co-writer/director). The only original twist was the Judas part.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

schumaker said he saw g in "D2" tho, and that's when he got the idea of using him for POTO! bet that's why kayanne was talking about, nay nay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Kayanne, I'm a contradiction-I love Dracula films, but hate all the killing and blood. Go figure.

I did like Gman's appearance. It's too bad they didn't push Gman on this film, but instead pushed those who died early on and Ms. Ryan. I remember the big push for Ms. Ryan.

And the whole Judas/Dracula comparison was clever.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Sami--that's what I was talking about. You are already figuring out what I think. I can see why Shumacher wanted G for POTO after this. I really didn't expect to be impressed by G in this but I was.

I actually can't wait to watch it with my other roommate. I have been telling him about it and he is looking forward to it. We are going to watch LAC this weekend too---a Gerard Butler film festival!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watched Dracula 2000   Watched Dracula 2000 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched Dracula 2000
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerry Shout Out! :: General Gerry-
Jump to: