The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Watched it today !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andrea
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:49 am

Well has anyone seen the movie yet ?
I went to my local DVD Shop and what did I find there the movie !
There were about 20 DVD`s there on the shelf and only one was left for me.
I have too say its a very good made movie and I really love it.
Zhe scenery is made really nice Jamie Foxx is great and of course GB too.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:56 am

yes!! i loved it andrea!! kept you on the edge of your seat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
andrea

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:22 am

After Dear Frankie a very well made story withouth going to the toilett and a lot of vegs....will certainly buy in some days...
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:29 am

I'll wager you'll never look at steak and pomfrites the same way again! LOL!

Ger
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2010-03-30

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 am

Comes on cable July 10. I am more likely to watch something on cable than to put the movie into my DVD player. I have a stack of movies I haven't watched--POTO is one of them.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 am

We watched this last night. I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:28 am

Saw this last night. Good movie. I mostly enjoyed it. Don't care for kids getting hurt or killed, and that's mainly why I quit watching Criminal Minds.

GB's acting was very good. His speech, however, drove my ears and eyes crazy. His accents changed randomly and he "chewed" his words. I tried hard not to look at GB's mouth when he talked.
Back to top Go down
kayanne
Complete Loss of Marbles

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

We watched this again because it came on cable Saturday night.

As for his acting, I thought the scene where he was sitting across from Jamie's character when Jamie told him they were making a deal was very good. Deals like that are made at times. I tend to like my men vulnerable and I wanted to give Clyde a hug, bake him a pie and tell him everything was going to be okay.

Yeah, his accent is bad but I love to watch his mouth when he talks. What can I say? I find it hot.

I don't watch a lot of violent movies and I stay away from horror movies most of the time (Dracula 2000 was a very rare exception). I know this contradicts my "lifestyle" but seeing it in a movie or on TV seems to upset me more than what I do in my real life. No one has been able to explain that, btw. When I was a child I could see a commercial for a scary movie and have night terrors for weeks! I worked very hard to overcome that. So in general, I don't like violence in movies.

I say all that to say that I wasn't overwhelmed with the violence with the exception of the scene with his cellmate. I thought that was over the top but I did LMAO when he told the warden he needed a shower. I didn't like the incident with the child but sadly, it happens in real life. Most of the time it's someone the child knows, though.

This movie didn't give me nightmares. It didn't challenge me intellectually as much as I hoped either but it is a GB movie and most of those don't, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Watched it today ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watched it today !   Watched it today ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watched it today !
Page 1 of 1