The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role

Go down 
+5
Nay
Dallas
sami_stardust
greyeyegoddess
DonnaKat
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role   Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Tru dat!

I don't think I've ever seen Gman as Russell nor Russell as Gman. To me, they are completely different people with different temperaments and talents.

Have to agree with the majority, the author was quite brash towards Gman.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role   Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:08 pm

I think maybe the writer was trying to allude to the fact that there have been many comparisons between "Gladiator" and "300" and the two actors. Gladiator" came out first and was such an iconic film at the time. Then when "300" came out if was invaritably compared to "Gladiator" and may critics pointed out similarities between the two (the walking through the grain fields, and a few of the lines etc.) Others called Butler the Poor Man's Russell Crowe.

I think the title was just an attempt to grab the readers attention. I found the article, and the points made about salary and profitablity interesting.
Back to top Go down

Will a Butler be born? Scottish star is up for iconic remake role
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2