The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
pamelajane
Geranimal
Nay
Dallas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Empty
PostSubject: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:53 pm

From an Australian poster on IMDB. The link isn't viewable in the US. Maybe Nay can view and post her comments.

Quote :
I just saw this interview with an Aussie guy who says that he will be acting in a new 'blockbuster' movie with Gerry that will begin filming in September. He could not give any more details as the movie is still in pre-production.

http://ten.com.au/the-circle-video.htm?channel=CIRCLE+CUTV&clipid= 1427_tcw-130510-seg4-web&bitrate=300&format=flash

Has anyone heard anything about a blockbuster project for Gerry beginning September? I read somewhere a while ago about a movie of Judge Dredd sometime soon and Gerry was one of the names mentioned for the title role. That is going to be directed by Pete Travis who directed Gerry in 'The Jury'. There is also that spy movie 'Consent to Kill' featuring the Mitch Rapp character, which sounded a bit like the Bourne movies. It was recently reported that Gerry was the frontrunner for this role and I saw it posted on GBnet that they checked and Gerry was interested in doing it. I wonder if that's it?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:54 pm

If it is the "Consent to Kill" movie, there have been a lot of posters on the net stating that they were concerned about Gerry playing Mitch Rapp - who is an American. It's the whole accent thing. Apparently the character is very conservative type etc. and they didn't know if Gerry could do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Here’s the plot synopsis for the book:

For ten years Mitch Rapp has fought on the frontline of the War on Terror. His bold actions have saved the lives of thousands — but in the process his list of enemies has grown inexorably. There are even those within his own government who would like to see him eliminated. Thousands of miles away, the influential father of a dead terrorist demands retribution for the death of his son. He wants Rapp dead — and his hate-filled plea has found sympathetic ears. In the tangled, duplicitous world of espionage, there are those, even among America’s allies, who feel Rapp has grown too effective. They’ve been looking for an excuse to eliminate America’s No 1 counterterrorism operative — and they’ve decided to seize the chance.

The Hunter has become the Hunted. A tragedy of unimaginable proportions is about to befall Mitch Rapp — and he must use all his cunning, skill and ruthless determination to stay alive and seek vengeance against the traitor who would bring him down.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:05 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2010/03/cbs-films-weighs-gerard-butler-colin-farrell-matthew-fox-for-rapp-role/

CBS Films Weighs Gerard Butler, Colin Farrell, Matthew Fox For Anti-Terrorist
By MIKE FLEMING Friday March 19, 2010 @ 6:57pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: CBS Films is gearing up on Consent to Kill, which is the Les Moonves film division's first shot at building a feature franchise. The tough part: making the right choice for undercover CIA counter-terrorism agent Mitch Rapp. But CBS Films is down to 3 intriguing candidates to star in the Antoine Fuqua-directed film. I hear CBS Films has set its sights on Gerard Butler, Colin Farrell and Matthew Fox.

Consent to Kill is one of the 11 bestselling Vince Flynn novels that combine political intrigue and action and driven by a lead character who possesses the killing machine qualities and ruthlessness of Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer.

Butler is the front-runner right now, and seems ideal to play a man of action. Farrell hasn’t done a ton of action, but he impressed CBS Films CEO Amy Baer when he starred in SWAT, a project she supervised when she was a Columbia Pictures exec. The surprise is Fox, and I hear he has pursued the role aggressively as a next step after Lost finishes up. Fox hasn't been proven as an actor who can carry a feature franchise, but neither was Bruce Willis when he jumped from Moonlighting to Die Hard. CBS Films execs have had conversations with reps of actors that include Keanu Reeves, Eric Bana and Jon Hamm, but the focus is on the trio. No offers have been made and it's not certain that Butler or Farrell would take the role.

Though it isn’t the first novel in the espionage series, Consent to Kill is a strong way to start the series. In the Jonathan Lemkin scripted adaptation, Rapp battles a Saudi billionaire who is out for revenge (Rapp killed his terrorist son in the earlier book Memorial Day). Rapp has to contend with a German spy and a husband and wife assassin team who've been hired to kill him, along with bureaucrats in the government who want to do Rapp harm. All this puts Rapp’s wife and unborn child in grave danger, and when the stuff hits the fan, Rapp becomes a character reminiscent of Denzel Washington in Man On Fire. CBS Films was designed to make films up to $50 million, but this one will likely cost more. Since a summer start date is in the offing, the Rapp decision should be made shortly.

Comments (125)
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:29 am

Sorry I'm so late to the party, Dallas. The flu has bitten in a bad way.

This Rhys Uhlich guy is unknown to me. He says his role is pivotal (particularly at the end) but he can't provide any details other than Butler's name. Sounds as though it could be MGP or something else.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:53 am

Don't think it's MGP if filming is in Sept. I wouldn't describe it as "blockbuster" either. That term does make me think of the Mitch Rapp movie since that character is in a series of successful books. Could it turn into a franchise like the movies based on Tom Clancy's character, Jack Ryan (Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Sum of all Fears)?

Never heard of that Rhys guy either.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 1:04 pm

What happened to the movie about the baseball player, Slide? I thought that one was scheduled for the near future?

Ger
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:17 pm

And what about Burns? Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:53 pm

The million dollar question...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:53 am

Excellent question, PJ. My patience is running out as is my support for GB in the role.
Back to top Go down
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:49 pm

I think he still plans on doing "Burns" but I heard he's trying to get his funding together. Which is ironic because if he keeps investing it in his friends movies, he'll need to do a few more voice overs and rom coms to make "bank". "Gerry, the man didn't make it past the age of 37! Times awastin' brotha!"

Ger
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:50 am

I know a lot of people will want to hit me for this, but I don't think Gerry is the best choice for a role of Burns, simply due to the age factor. I know fans can be biased, but if it was my movie and I was casting the part, Gerry wouldn't be a contender due to his age. I would go more with a McAvoy - he has the babyface to play a much younger part. Let's face it, Gerry looks his age and maybe then some. It just doesn't seem believable, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:06 am

I think I've said this before. Mel Gibson (39 then) played William Wallace in Braveheart from youth to death around 35. He was old and craggy the whole way through. There's the precedent of old man playing dead young man.

Personally, it bugged the heck out of me. Really distracted me from the movie.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:15 am

i've heard lots of folks expressing that same opinion lately, DK! when the whole burn talk first started....he could have pulled it off, but i think he might have aged too much now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:08 am

People back in those days did not age well. They were not as healthy and led harder lives. I think he could do it and with the help of a little modern digital enhancements, could do the younger Burns all the way up until his death. Remember Benjamin Button and Brad Pitt?

Burns died from cardiomyopathy, I believe, from an infected tooth. He may have had the condition for some time which would have left him looking not so healthy.

The thing that troubles me about Burns is that I read recently that the director that is involved wants to make it a period "sex romp" more so then vocused on his poetry. I think that would be a grave error.

If you are going to tell a story about a famous person, notorious or not, focus on their achievements and sideline their extra curricular activity. I think Scotland would prefer it told that way too.

Ger
Ger
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:19 am

I get it now!!!

GB has been acting like a herd of rutting bulls because he's getting into character to play Burns!
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm

by golly....i think you hit the proverbial nail on the head, julie!
Back to top Go down
andrea

Number of posts : 448
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. 415251
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:47 pm

I feel like saying, I could have had a V8!
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:06 pm

You want I should take down my Burns siggie? bounce
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:11 pm

i love your burns siggie!
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:20 pm

pamelajane wrote:
You want I should take down my Burns siggie? bounce

Why? Don't you like it?
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:43 pm

DK - I totally agree with you on Burns. I'm afraid that he has waited too long and the opportunity has been lost.

JMO.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:08 am

Noooo, don't take down the siggie! It's only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Geranimal

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey, you all gonna burst Gerry's bubble here! I think he was counting on playing that part! You know what they say, forty is the new twenty! In that regard, Gerry's too young! Boy, ain't that the truth! Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. 646968

By the way, what does this Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. 710942 mean?

Ger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.   Gerry in new movie filming in Sept. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry in new movie filming in Sept.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: I Heard it Through the Grapevine...Unofficial Stuff-
Jump to: