The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Empty
PostSubject: My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road   My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:36 am

As some of you might know, I'm in Chicago this weekend to see Tom Hardy perform in a play called "The Long Red Road" at the Goodman Theater.

Tom was also in Bronson and starred alongside Gerry in Rocknrolla as Handsome Bob. He's a very talented actor, and I've heard very good reviews about this play, so I thought I'd take the train up for the weekend to see it before it closes tomorrow.

I'll be going to the matinee at 2pm this afternoon, then I have to get back to my hotel room for a very important fansite conference call at 6:30pm. Wink

I didn't bring my camera and there is no photography allowed in the theater (obviously), but I do have my Blackberry with me and have been taking a few pictures.

Yesterday was beautiful, so I walked around a bit and sat in the little square they have by the theater. My hotel is fantastic - it's a throwback to the old time theaters of the 20's and 30's, and they even give you real keys. And it's only a block from the Goodman. If I get back to Chicago, I want to stay here again. The rooms are small but cozy, and they treat you like royalty.

Pics to come if I can get them off my Blackberry.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road   My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:38 am

Oh, and BTW, it's snowing in Chicago this morning. So I think I'll stick around here for the day until the play starts, then venture out again this evening (if it isn't too cold) after the conf call before I have to pack up to come home tomorrow afternoon.

It was my first train ride, too.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road   My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I hope you have a lovely time, Donna. The hotel sounds divine and the weather might make the weekend even more charming.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road   My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 8:44 pm

The theater was very small and intimate. I was very, very close to the actors. Tom did a fantastic job and got a standing ovation at the end.

I only wish he could have come out afterwards to sign autographs. I wasn't expecting it, especially since he has another performance at 8pm tonight, but it would have been nice. I didn't stick around though, because I had to get back and I didn't want to hang around like a groupie. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road   My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My weekend trip to Chicago for The Long Red Road
Page 1 of 1