The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas Empty
PostSubject: Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas   Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Christmas Day has always been a huge anti-climax for Scottish movie hunk Gerard Butler - he has always preferred the build up. The "300" star admits the holidays are very different now than they were when he was a poor kid growing up in Glasgow.

He recalls, "It was almost impossible to contain my excitement. I didn't come from a particularly wealthy family so anything that we got was so much more appreciated. My mum was a single mother and, with dad living in Canada, we really didn't get anything from him, but all the rest of the family was very close. I had a lot of aunts and uncles, great grand uncles and they would always make sure that we were alright."

He also added, "My uncle would build us a sled or we'd get these weird wonderful gifts, and I would always be thinking I would catch Santa coming down the chimney. Coming from a country where it gets cold and it snows, there's a real Christmassy feeling in Scotland. Then comes the day where you have to start getting the presents and it loses that magic suddenly and Christmas becomes a huge pain in the a**."
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas   Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 3:55 am

Oh, there's a hint of the bah humbugs there "pain in the a$$" .... Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas 642267
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas   Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Slightly different version and wording in this article. Kind of makes you question the tone of what he said and why. They try to make it sound like he hates Christmas now or something. So stupid....

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/Gerard+Butler-30307.html

Butler's Christmas Disappointments
Yesterday 13:30

Christmas Day has always been a huge disappointment for Scottish actor Gerard Butler, he always preferrs the build up.

Butler admits that Chritmas' are very different now than when he was a poor kid growing up in Glasgow.

The movie star recalls, "It was almost impossible to contain my excitement. I didn't come from a particularly wealthy family so anything that we got was so much more appreciated.

Then comes the day where you have to start getting the presents and it loses that magic
Gerard Butler
"My mum was a single mother and, with dad living in Canada, we really didn't get anything from him, but all the rest of the family was very close. I had a lot of aunts and uncles, great grand uncles and they would always make sure that we were alright.

"My uncle would build us a sled or we'd get these weird wonderful gifts, and I would always be thinking I would catch Santa coming down the chimney.

"Coming from a country where it gets cold and it snows, there's a real Christmassy feeling in Scotland. Then comes the day where you have to start getting the presents and it loses that magic suddenly and Christmas becomes a huge pain in the a**." »
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas   Gerard Butler Recalled His Childhood Christmas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1