The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres

Go down 
+6
LadyNOLA
greyeyegoddess
Nay
pamelajane
jherriot
DonnaKat
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello! For some reason, the forum defaults to not attach signatures. I just went in and changed the settings, so it should work for you now. Your avatar is also showing. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:02 pm

It looks like Moira blocked me on Twitter, and then unblocked me to get me to stop following her. She has also protected her Twitter page. She must lurk here more than she cares to admit (or someone is going back and feeding her information). I don't know why she's so worried about privacy now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:29 pm

It is so true that on some other sites you have to be very careful that what you say is "acceptable" to the others. Heaven forbid you have an opinion that differs from others! One of the things I love about this site is that it's not like that here! Very Happy

As for why Gerry seems to have some members of his fanbase be all cliquey and catty, that doen't particularly surprise me. The bigger a fan base is, the more woman you have getting involved all for the same guy, a guy they all are sure they "know" and understand. That's asking for the claws to come out.

Though it may seem sexist, the reality is that women have a cattiness about them sometimes that men just don't. It's not that men don't get possessive and territorial too. It's just that women have a different way of handling it. Women fight just like men do.

The only difference is, men fight with their fists, women fight with their words.

It's like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine is complaining how weird guys are for the way they get in fist fights (I think it was.) Then Jerry or George asks, "Well, what do women do?" Elaine says, "We just tease someone until she developes an eating disorder."

My point is, when women get territorial over their men (and it doesn't matter that Gerry isn't actually THEIR man, they believe him to be, at least on some level), then they get catty towards each other.

The more famous Gerry gets, the more cliques and claws we will see. I'd be surprised if that's unique to Gerry. Anyway, that's what I think.

I just love that we keep a much more sane approach here, and that we don't, as women, stab each other in the back. We rock!

cheers
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:45 pm

you are right, lady nola...it's not just gerry's fanbase. i used to co mod a group for a recording artist with a MUCH MUCH smaller fan base that GB....and it was the same situtation. in fact...it might have been a little worse.

DK, guess i need to go check my twitter account. i suppose moira has blocked me too. frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:56 pm

You know, I'm sorry that my opinions about this offend some other fans, mods, fansites, etc....but I can't help the way I feel. I am on Twitter all the time, for example. I've seen point blank fans going and pestering Gerry's friends and/or anyone he is seen with or was claimed to be seen with. I'm not saying it's wrong to follow Gerry's associates, but do it for the right reasons. I follow ReNo Laquintano, for example (he was in Law Abiding Citizen)...but not because of Gerry. I follow him because he's an interesting person to follow, and corresponds back with me. But even if he didn't, I can even see following other actors, directors, etc. Heck, I follow a few myself - nothing wrong with that. But when I see people start pestering Gerry's friends that it gets disturbing. Nick (aka "Fry Guy") has even protected his Twitter account recently, no doubt because Gerry's fans were hot on his tail. Yes, I tweeted to him once and then left him alone - it was in response to something he said about brutal comments. Again, there's nothing wrong with that, but I didn't start creeping after him and pestering him just to get some info on Gerry.

I don't see how this kind of extreme behavior from fans is doing anything to help Gerry's career and/or reputation. If it's that embarrassing to me, then how much moreso should it be a concern for him? Me, I run a fansite as a hobby in my spare time. For him, this is his career and life we're talking about. I can escape the madness pretty easily, but he can't.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:05 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
It looks like Moira blocked me on Twitter, and then unblocked me to get me to stop following her. She has also protected her Twitter page. She must lurk here more than she cares to admit (or someone is going back and feeding her information). I don't know why she's so worried about privacy now. Rolling Eyes
Too little, too late. That's like slamming the stable door after the loud, thundering GBcrotchsniffing horse has bolted.

I keep telling people that Twitter = Evil but nobody listens. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Twitter is just like anything else on the Internet....you have to use it wisely. I rarely post anything on Twitter regarding Gerry, this forum, the fandom, etc. You also have the option to protect your account. In that, it's really no different or more or less dangerous or evil than any other social networking sites out there (aka Facebook, MySpace, blogs, gossip sites, etc).

And they do have rules. Break the rules and you can get your account suspended (like one Gerry fan did after she spammed Twitter trying to win the premiere tickets). Laughing
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm

lol...Twitter isn't evil, people are...well some are. And honestly, I don't care for those kinds.

DK, big, big hugs! If I wasn't a part of all that crap, I wouldn't have believed it.

People, don't put your guard down when you are online. YES, the top people and their posse from the other sites ARE watching us here and other places, and reporting back to their own sites. I know this for a fact! I don't know why they even waste their time. They go over to IMDB and tell the members not to go there because it's poison. Well, stay away yourselves!

If you aren't on the top dogs' good side, they will watch everything you do. I was told this year that my PM's had been watched on the other site, but even before that, I never said anything that I couldn't say to someone's face, on their site. I always continued any difficult feelings through my own email.

Never talk about people on their own site. PM's can be read. Only freaks and mentally challenged people worry about what other people say, hence reading the PM's.

Sadly, I have been in other fan groups with women and this behaviour doesn't just happen to fans of G.

Possessiveness is evil. Or rather, the idea that you have the right to be possessive, is evil. And when you start questioning their possessiveness, the claws come out, even when they are dead wrong.

For someone to suddenly block their twitter, they must have second thoughts about what they did.

DK, thanks for letting us blow steam. I agree, just because your not allowed to say it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Owners think that just because they delete opinions, that ideas will die out. But it doesn't. It grows even more elsewhere.

So much for coddling the grown man.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:40 pm

i have so much to say on this subject!!! but? not gonna!! Wink
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 pm

We (meaning me, Nay, and any other mod/admin that might be appointed) don't read PM's here. Our forum hosts don't give even site owners that option, and even if they did I wouldn't do it. To me, that's overstepping the line. The only way I could do so is if you gave me your password to your account, because we don't have that info either. I'm not saying that Alice is implying that, but I just want to let everyone know before they start to worry it might be happening here. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm

I definitely wasn't implying that here, but I didn't want to say what I didn't know here.

What is sad is that I was told that they didn't read PM's, either. They read PM's, chats, etc. I was lied to, because I was SPECIFICALLY told the opposite. Either don't lie to me or let people know up front.

I don't read PM's either in the forums I'm involved. I'm not that paranoid.

I just wanted members here to be aware that the other sites belong to others and not to be naive. What you don't know can hurt you, be used against you, or bite you in the end, Those involved with the sites will do anything to appear to stay squeaky clean, which is funny, because everyone else can smell the crap.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 pm

I knew you weren't implying that. Smile
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 pm

i had some PMs read at a now defunct gerry site, and that site was friendlier and less clique-ish than some others. (the PM that was read was also used against me, btw!) so i totally believe you alice. if PMs were read at this much "homier" site.....i have no doubt that the other site admins are doing the same. user beware! (except for here of course!!! Smile)
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:41 pm

DonnaKat wrote:
We (meaning me, Nay, and any other mod/admin that might be appointed) don't read PM's here. Our forum hosts don't give even site owners that option, and even if they did I wouldn't do it. To me, that's overstepping the line. The only way I could do so is if you gave me your password to your account, because we don't have that info either. I'm not saying that Alice is implying that, but I just want to let everyone know before they start to worry it might be happening here. Wink
WHAT! I don't have the 'power'? affraid

But but that's what I signed up for! The ability to flex my muscle over new members, the capacity to ignore the people not in my 'clique', the attitude of superiority, the certainty of my rightness, the insider information, the teleconference calls, the competitions ... the chance to own his underwear!!!!!

MINE. MINE. ALL MINE.

Sorry ... it all went black there for a minute. I'm all better now. Phew.

Now, why the heck would I want to read someone else's PMs? I have trouble carving time out for my own. You're safe here, folks. But step out of line and your ass is mine ours. Suspect

See, there I go again.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:56 pm

feel free to read all my PMs nay. i give you my blessing. heehee....
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:04 pm

Pssst Sami, give me your password but don't tell DK or I'll be sacked. Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 646968
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:46 pm

lol!

I luvs you ladies...
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:56 pm

i'll PM it to you!!! ROFL!!! lol!

(this smiley's hair is as wild as mine is. whattup wit dat??)
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 am

Gee;

Let me think. It's a tuffy.....

I don't know if I am to worry about Nay's GBcrotchsniffing horse or her comment of your ass is ours/mine.

Now, when I go out to check on my stallion I will know now why he stares at me the way he does.... (I always thought dogs and my ex was crotch babies) Perving and I will repeat to myself "be afraid....be very afraid...." Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 730673 when I come onto this site. Though I have to agree many times I personally have wanted to take a can of whoop ass out and start spraying..... Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 646968

And as for my Pms... (doesn't that mean put up with men's shit?) girls, I gotta tell ya.....the Pope would blush! Cool and when my first book comes out, DK, I want your pic of you and Gerry to be on the cover. It wasn't that you looked like a deer caught in headlights.... it fit a comment I made previously and that was "if you were to stand by Gerry Butler or the likes you would need a diaper" your smile was priceless it was like you were thinking "K, if he gets any closer....I'm in trouble.....don't have a diaper.......uhoh.....tighten the buttcheeks.....stand straighter.......oh, smile for the camera......" (jus' kiddin' girlfriend you looked beautiful Proud (better than that GB crotchsniffing horse-oh, sorry Nay.....Moira.)

Anyway, all in all gang, consider the source. The warning signs are out there. I saw the vid of G and the 2 bims (oops fans) and him getting short with them. I don't think it is going to be much longer to where he will stop taking the time to visit with fans or sign autographs and the like. He is a kind sort but even he can and will tolerate so much. And it will take only 1. Keep the faith, this is a site I will be talking about to a certain "friend". Big sister is watching and I have ya'lls back. In the mean time keep the faith and don't sweat the small stuff. Nay, my dear girl, next time don't sugar coat things...tellus how you really feel. Grey, I am with you in your input. PJ, back at ya.

Peace.

LW
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:30 am

lol, LW...

I'm out of it, are you writing a book? Or was that a joke too?
Back to top Go down
LoneWolf
Boringly Sane

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
lol, LW...

I'm out of it, are you writing a book? Or was that a joke too?

Grey;

O no, girlfriend, that wasn't a joke. I am contemplating on writing one but I am going to have to approach it very carefully. Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 342276
See, I have a bad tendancy of fading away. Like for example, came in one night after a day in classes and I looked at my notes to revise them to study by and I got to looking and they looked ok til I noticed the letters were getting smaller and going down hill and I seen "he's coming" (and we ain't talkin' 'bout comin' to dinner either)....I thought "damn, fine time to doze off......"

If I had been in Don's shoes, not only would I have needed a diaper, the twins would have remained in permanent THO. I could only imagine if he put his arm around me and not having a diaper and the twins at full mast
what would have happened, a water hose would have definitely been in the mix Perving ..... know one thing for sure, I'd have given Moira something to get jealous about! mooning

Peace.

LW
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 am

lol! Cool! I say go for it!
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:29 am

I'm so lost.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 7:21 am

Poor Julie.... Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 646968

In Gerry's world, I'd say sometimes being lost is a good thing. Ignorance is bliss, and all that.

And no, I did not just call you ignorant. What a Face
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 am

You guys had me at sites reading our PMs? What the heck? Ignorance must be highly blissful in my life. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres   Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inverkeithing superfan jets thousands of miles to see Hollywood star's premieres
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next