The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herald Scotland Interview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Herald Scotland Interview Empty
PostSubject: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 1:26 am

(Click on the link for a video interview with a lot of GALs and Gerry. You can see Freddy arrive and Gerry says that his niece was 9, not 11 like many reports. He also explains the gum.)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/scots-star-butler-comes-home-for-film-premiere-1.932537

Scots star Butler comes home for film premiere
Sarah SwainHerald Scotland Interview Blank

Published on 16 Nov 2009

Hollywood heart-throb Gerard Butler returned to Glasgow last night for the premiere of his latest film. Hundreds of screaming fans gathered to see the Paisley-born film star on the red carpet at Cineworld on Renfrew Street for the screening of LawAbiding Citizen, which he also co-produced. Butler said: “It’s a big deal, the fact I’m coming back to Glasgow.

“It’s the first movie I’ve produced, I’m very proud of it and we thought it would be great to have the premiere here rather than in London. It felt like a nice touch to celebrate where I came from.” Fans went into a frenzy when the star arrived, with some queuing since 6am to catch a glimpse of him.

Some even travelled from as far away as the USA, Japan and Germany. And they were not disappointed when Gerard signed autographs and posed for pictures, bringing traffic to a standstill.

Moira Fraser, 40, from Inverkeithing, Fife, said: “We’ve been to the NewYork and LA premieres so this is him bringing his baby home. He’s just a wonderful bloke.” Sheila Bryson, 43, from Bearsden, said: “I’m a great fan – what isn’t there to like? My family think I’m absolutely mad!” One lucky competition winner scooped a Herald contest to meet her hero at the premiere.

Student Nicola Kennedy, 19, from Paisley, who took along friend Colette Delaney, 19, said: “I love everything about him. His acting is amazing – and his looks help too!We got hugs and he was really chatty.”

The actor, who wore a kilt for the premiere, firmly scotched rumours he’s dating actress Jennifer Aniston, and said he’d love to meet a Glasgow girl. He told The Herald: “If I was dating JenniferAniston I would be proud to bring her here – she would love to come to Glasgow – but none of the rumours are true. I would be more than happy to find a Glasgow woman!”

Butler made his stage debut at age 12 at Glasgow’s King’s Theatre when he performed in Oliver. He trained as a lawyer in the city for seven years but was fired a week before he qualified. After turning to acting, he appeared on the stage in London before making his film debut in Mrs Brown. In LawAbiding Citizen, which also stars Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx, Butler plays Clyde Shelton, whose family are brutally murdered.

The prosecutor Nick (Foxx) cuts a deal which saves one of the killers from death row. But 10 years later, the killer is murdered and Clyde admits his guilt, while warning Nick that he and the system will pay the price for letting him down. It is at cinemas from November 27.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:35 am

Herald Scotland Interview 646968 Sorry Herald Scotland Interview 646968 when Herald Scotland Interview 646968 I Herald Scotland Interview 646968 can Herald Scotland Interview 646968 speak Herald Scotland Interview 646968 I will!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 am

Heehee....Moira's not 40 yet. She's still 39. Heehee.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 am

What's so funny?
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 2:45 pm

I'm assuming she's laughing because Gerry's favorite fan got interviewed. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Notoriety by association always comes back to bite you on the a$s.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Gerry has a favorite fan?

I don't know if I would tell the press that I stalked anyone all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald Scotland Interview   Herald Scotland Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herald Scotland Interview
Page 1 of 1