The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coffee With: Gerard Butler

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
sami_stardust
Dallas
DonnaKat
Nay
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Coffee With: Gerard Butler Empty
PostSubject: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:27 pm

WJZ Baltimore, 21st October 2009.

New direction? Starring in 'Coriolanus' directed by Ralph Fiennes.

http://wjz.com/entertainment/gerard.butler.law.2.1261260.html

Thanks to IMDb.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolanus

SYNOPSIS:

The play opens in Rome shortly after the expulsion of the Tarquin kings. There are riots in progress, after stores of grain were withheld from ordinary citizens. The rioters are particularly angry at Gaius Martius, a brilliant Roman general whom they blame for the grain's being taken away. The rioters encounter a patrician named Menenius Agrippa, as well as Gaius Martius himself. Menenius tries to calm the rioters, while Martius is openly contemptuous, and says that the plebeians were not worthy of the grain because of their lack of military service. Two of the tribunes of Rome, Brutus and Sicinius, privately denounce Martius. He leaves Rome after news arrives that a Volscian army is in the field.

The commander of the Volscian army, Tullus Aufidius, has fought Martius on several occasions and considers him a blood enemy. The Roman army is commanded by Cominius, with Martius as his deputy. While Cominius takes his soldiers to meet Aufidius' army, Martius leads a sally against the Volscian city of Corioles. The siege of Corioles is initially unsuccessful, but Martius is able to force open the gates of the city, and the Romans conquer it. Even though he is exhausted from the fighting, Martius marches quickly to join Cominius and fight the other Volscian force. Martius and Aufidius meet in single combat, which only ends when Aufidius' own soldiers drag him away from the battle.

In recognition of his great courage, Cominius gives Gaius Martius the cognomen of "Coriolanus". When they return to Rome, Coriolanus' mother Volumnia encourages her son to run for consul. Coriolanus is hesitant to do this, but he bows to his mother's wishes. He effortlessly wins the support of the Roman Senate, and seems at first to have won over the commoners as well. However, Brutus and Sicinius scheme to undo Coriolanus and whip up another riot in opposition to his becoming consul. Faced with this opposition, Coriolanus flies into a rage and rails against the concept of popular rule. He compares allowing plebeians to have power over the patricians to allowing "crows to peck the eagles". The two tribunes condemn Coriolanus as a traitor for his words, and order him to be banished.

After being exiled from Rome, Coriolanus seeks out Aufidius in the Volscian capital, and tells them that he will lead their army to victory against Rome. Aufidius and his superiors embrace Coriolanus, and allow him to lead a new assault on the city.

Rome, in its panic, tries desperately to persuade Coriolanus to halt his crusade for vengeance, but both Cominius and Menenius fail. Finally, Volumnia is sent to meet with her son, along with Coriolanus' wife and child, and another lady. Volumnia succeeds in dissuading her son from destroying Rome, and Coriolanus instead concludes a peace treaty between the Volscians and the Romans. When Coriolanus returns to the Volscian capital, conspirators, organised by Aufidius, kill him for his betrayal.

Going back, GB? May it bring you serious glances and critical respect. Shakespeare didn't frequent nightclubs, ya know.

ETA: A quiet word - Don't fly on planes with Fiennes during filming.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Fiennes is super fine! Hubba hubba!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

I'd pay to see Fiennes on a psychiatrist's couch. The personal stories would be sensational. That said, he's quite the respected craftsman with his art form, acting. Much in the way of subtle nuances may be learnt by the little Scottish lad quickly sliding into middle age.

Great to see another challenging, dramatic role appearing on the horizon for Senor Butler.

I just hope he got the role before he spoke about threesomes. Vanessa Redgrave may not approve.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Gerard Butler announces his plans to co-star with Ralph Fiennes in Coriolanus to WJZ 13 Baltimore   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:14 pm

http://wjz.com/entertainment/gerard.butler.law.2.1261260.html
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Ralph Fiennes is directing and playing the lead role.

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=festivals&jump=story&id=2476&articleid=VR1117999729&cs=1

Ralph Fiennes to direct 'Coriolanus'

Vanessa Redgrave in talks to join project

By ALI JAAFAR

Ralph Fiennes is making his directorial debut with a feature adaptation of William Shakespeare's Roman tragedy "Coriolanus."
Fiennes, who stars in Stephen Daldry's "The Reader" alongside Oscar-nommed Kate Winslet, has already scouted for locations in East Europe and is currently in negotiations with financiers.
Shakespeare's play, set in the early years of the Roman Republic, is one of his most politically challenging examinations of the way power corrupts.
Fiennes will also play the title role of the proud but contemptuous soldier spurred on by his ambitious mother to run for the Roman Senate, which ultimately leads to his downfall.
Vanessa Redgrave is in talks to play the part of Coriolanus' mother Volumnia.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Here's the imdb page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1372686/fullcredits#cast
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:29 pm

Coffee With: Gerard Butler Lol Hi Tex! I've merged the topics.
Back to top Go down
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:46 pm

i don't know about y'all....but i couldn't be happier if i was twins! i LOVE ralph, i LOVE shakespeare, and that gerry guy is ok, too!! Wink

i actually had to get up and do the happy dance when i read about this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Nay wrote:
I just hope he got the role before he spoke about threesomes. Vanessa Redgrave may not approve.

Well, didn't Ralph have sex with a flight attendant in the lavatories on an overseas flight in 2007 - resulting in her termination? I don't think Vanessa can say anything negative to her director about Gerry's sexcapades. hahahahaha!

I think Ralph and Gerry might have lots to bond over besides acting..... Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_biggrin

Lord help Serbia (filming location in early 2010) and their native daughters.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Nay wrote:
ETA: A quiet word - Don't fly on planes with Fiennes during filming.
Dallas wrote:
Well, didn't Ralph have sex with a flight attendant in the lavatories on an overseas flight in 2007 - resulting in her termination? I don't think Vanessa can say anything negative to her director about Gerry's sexcapades. hahahahaha!

I think Ralph and Gerry might have lots to bond over besides acting..... Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_biggrin

Lord help Serbia (filming location in early 2010) and their native daughters.
Absolutely twue, Dallas. On a flight from Australia to India, Fiennes was accosted by a particularly frisky Qantas stewardess (Lisa Robertson) who subsequently lost her position and any respect that the 'mile high club' may have earned.

BTW she was once a call girl and undercover cop .... and Fiennes claimed she was the aggressor in the toilet. I wonder how much he can actually teach the youngun about good taste and discretion.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:37 pm

I find it funny that Overture PR asked him to change his sweater so that he wasn't showing as much chest. Wonder if it had anything to do with his MTV revelation that is buring up the net right now?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 pm

The past two weeks' worth of interviews have certainly shown me that Butler has the ability (and probable PR preparation) to present different personas to different audiences.

Some want nipple-baring sweaters and others want turtlenecks ....

Have I given you a lead-in, Dallas??? Turtlenecks Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:53 am

Is that a euphemism for a mooseknuckle?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am

I know at least one person going head over heals ga-ga over Fiennes and Butler project.

I'm glad to know he's heading for real acting. Love Shakespeare anything.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:07 am

Dallas wrote:
Is that a euphemism for a mooseknuckle?
Nope.

Let's play 'Guess What?'

C _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 am

Catastrophic?
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:21 am

Coffee With: Gerard Butler Lol

C i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:13 am

I was making a joke.
I know the alternative meaning for turtleneck, which fits Butler.

I'm not sure what your word game is, as it appears to be the opposite on one who has a turtleneck. Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_biggrin

Okay, back to bed. I woke up after 2 hours, and remembered something I needed to send on my laptop. Night night.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:02 am

Dallas wrote:
I was making a joke. I know the alternative meaning for turtleneck, which fits Butler.
So was I.

It does? Coffee With: Gerard Butler Eyebrows-1
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:27 am

Yes, it does.
Back to top Go down
LadyNOLA
Complete Loss of Marbles
LadyNOLA

Number of posts : 1471
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:57 am

greyeyegoddess wrote:
I know at least one person going head over heals ga-ga over Fiennes and Butler project.

I'm glad to know he's heading for real acting. Love Shakespeare anything.

Me too, Alice! What few Shakespeare plays I know, I love. I just named my new dog Hamlet, for goodness sakes! I wasn't familiar with the story of Coriolanus though.

Nay wrote:
The past two weeks' worth of interviews have certainly shown me that Butler has the ability (and probable PR preparation) to present different personas to different audiences.

Some want nipple-baring sweaters and others want turtlenecks ....

Have I given you a lead-in, Dallas??? Turtlenecks Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_lol

Exactly, Nay! I noticed how he tailors his stories and everything to be the person he needs to be for the type of audience he is in front of. The best example would be the differences between the Bonnie Hunt interview and the MTV one.

Nay wrote:
Dallas wrote:
I was making a joke. I know the alternative meaning for turtleneck, which fits Butler.
So was I.

It does? Coffee With: Gerard Butler Eyebrows-1

Dallas wrote:
Yes, it does.

Nay, my understanding is that men from the UK are typically not circumcised (can I say that word in this thread?) unless they are Jewish or have some medical reason for it. Whereas, in the US at least (and I don't know about Australia), both Jews and Gentiles tend to be circumcised. As Butler is from the UK and not Jewish, we can only assume....

Pardon me if you already knew this about UK and US men. I wasn't sure if you were joking or asking for real. Smile
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:36 am

I agree, Alice!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:44 am

Well call me naive and airy...had no idea what the conversation was about, until it was explained, thank you Lady.

(more information to pocket around here)
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Emily, my game of hangman was a blatant (and unfulfilled) attempt to get Dallas say the word 'circumcision'. I've heard about the differences between the men from the U S of A and the old country from her. She is a wise and experienced ol' owl.

I know this topic is one that some people think they can answer from a three second Mrs Brown clip but hey, I have better things to do with my time ...
Coffee With: Gerard Butler Sleep

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coffee With: Gerard Butler   Coffee With: Gerard Butler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coffee With: Gerard Butler
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next