The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry hosting SNL on October 17

Go down 
+5
greyeyegoddess
Nay
LegoJulie
Dallas
DonnaKat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Empty
PostSubject: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:24 am

'SNL' Makes Room for Drew, Gerard, Ryan and Gaga

By Josef Adalian
Published: September 10, 2009

Ryan Reynolds, Drew Barrymore, Gerard Butler and Megan Fox have been booked to host the first four episodes of the new season of "Saturday Night Live."

On the musical front, U2, Lady Gaga, Regina Spektor and Shakria have all agreed to perform during the first month of the NBC latenight show's 35th season. NBC will confirm the bookings this morning.

"SNL" cast members will be superbusy this fall, performing four weeks of episodes with no breaks between the Sept. 26 premiere and Oct. 17. There'll also be "SNL"-branded "Weekend Update" half-hours in primetime during the same period.

As widely reported, "SNL's" new season will begin Sept. 26 with Fox and U2. Fox is hyping "Jennifer's Body."

Reynolds and Lady Gaga are set for Oct. 3. It'll be Gaga's first "SNL" visit.

Barrymore returns for her sixth hosting stint on Oct. 10 (she was seven when she debuted on the show in November 1982). Spektor will be the musical guest.

And Butler, promoting his new movie "Law Abiding Citizen," debuts as an "SNL" host Oct. 17. Pop seductress Shakira will be his musical guest.

Lorne Michaels remains as exec producer of "SNL," while Seth Meyers is head writer.

Last edited by DonnaKat on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:42 am

That will be interesting.

Bet there will be a "300" spoof. I hope there isn't a donut in the bum sketch - but instead maybe a song, like "Dick in a Box". I would totally laugh my bum off...... Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 am

Maybe chickens...and dog slappings...and Phantom spoof...and maybe he'll lose an ear.

Oh, and Jell-O wrestling!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:52 am

Maybe he'll wear the plaid shirt.

I'm sure there will be an Aniston skit thing fit in there somewhere. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:58 am

I might have to watch to see Leonidas sing with an American accent while covered in Jell-O, peeing into a Jeep and handcuffing a thin woman with ugly hands.
Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Ugh. Earworm! Now I can't get that song out of my head.

Back to top Go down
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 pm

I really wish Butler would sing on the show with Andy Samburg.

Now I have the "Jizz in My Pants" earworm.....

(so I'm giving it to you all now)

(I just ate a grape......... and I jizzed in my pants!!!)

So gross, and yet I can totally see Butler doing it - the song, not the other....
never mind. Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Is SNL still considered cool?
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm

it's in a slump I think right now.

I was thinking a couple of days ago, Gerry will probably be on SNL this year because he finally has a movie that will be released other than the holiday season or summer.

Wow...wow! I'd love to go sit in the audience.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:27 pm

SNL has sucked for years. I never watch it. The few "funnies" recently have been a few skits during the Presidential campaign and the various Justin Timberlake "videos" etc, IMO.

I never watch it and don't know anyone who does anymore. The few "gems" that possibly happen once in a blue moon on the show get talked about and put on youtube and that's the only reason that I have heard of them.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:16 pm

It was watchable when Tina Fey was on and there was a really good group of female comediennes. To me, it's been as if they have the same people hosting the show, or athletes who can't act. I think Alec Baldwin hosted twice last year. I think he's great, but come on, there is other talent out there.

When Justin or even Cameron Diaz make a cameo, it's hilarious. And I don't even like Cameron, but she's great on SNL.

I actually find the political comedy quite boring. I think there was too much last year.
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:27 pm

I haven't watched SNL since the days of Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, Jane Curtin, Steve Martin and Gilda Radner (RIP).
Back to top Go down
pamelajane
Complete Loss of Marbles
pamelajane

Number of posts : 1363
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:11 pm

LegoJulie wrote:
I haven't watched SNL since the days of Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, Jane Curtin, Steve Martin and Gilda Radner (RIP).

Those were the best days (or nights) of SNL.

I'm excited about Gerry hosting, though! bounce
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
Two Fries Short of a Happy Meal
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:35 am

I'll bet $50 he drops the f-bomb on the show.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:00 am

I wonder if they will make fun of poto and/or 300. Wonder if he sings or dances.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 am

I called it! POTO and 300 in the first part of the show!
Back to top Go down
sky_fitsheaven
sky_fitsheaven

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:01 am

I really wish I had made a bet that he's say the word "penis" at least once during the show. I could have been independently wealthy.

Gotta say, the whole Daveheart thing got the biggest laugh out of me. It was very Monty Python-esque.
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:03 am

It was very good. I have to give it up to SNL for pretty much giving the fans what they wanted. I did crack up at a few of the skits.

Now I can't sleep. Durn!

Oh, Dallas! They are rerunning U2 in two weeks...or 24th whenever that is.
Back to top Go down
Peege88
Peege88

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 am

Good for him!

LAC is a great flick, and he is so freakin' hilarious in the skits and in interviews.

I just love that guy. *gush gush*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Peege88
sami_stardust
Complete Loss of Marbles
sami_stardust

Number of posts : 2482
Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:00 pm

lol alice. i couldn't sleep after the show either. should have just stayed on chat with y'all instead of trying to force myself to go to bed!!! paying for no sleep today, too.

anyhow...my 2 cents....thought SNL was hilarious and i haven't laughed at that show in so many years that i lost count. good job gerry, and kudos to the snl writers! (for a change!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.samistardust.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry hosting SNL on October 17   Gerry hosting SNL on October 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry hosting SNL on October 17
Page 1 of 1