The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Critique of trailer/premise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Critique of trailer/premise Empty
PostSubject: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 pm

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/8/14/law-abiding-citizen-trailer-should-be-locked-up.html

'Law Abiding Citizen' Trailer Should Be Locked Up

Critique of trailer/premise TransparentFriday, August 14, 2009 at 4:35AM
Wow, I really liked Law Abiding Citizen more before I saw the . Jesus, what the hell is this thing?

From what we were told, it was supposed to be a kind of vigilante wherein Gerard Butler takes the law into his own hands after of his wife are set free by D.A. Jamie Foxx. That could offer us some good, gritty. But now...it's like Death Wish meets Saw meets The Bourne Identity.

I don't think I'm overstating it, but maybe I am because I thought I was going to see an entirely different kind of a movie, so take a look for yourself. It's certainly not the movie I was preparing for, though.

Quick question: If Butler is such a bad ass, why the hell did he not put up a better defense to the guy with the baseball bat who killed his family? I call bullshit on that moment in the trailer, and by extension, what appears to be an audaciously silly parade of antics that follow it.
The movie opens on October 16th, but it just dropped a couple notches in my estimation.
Back to top Go down
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:10 pm

BTW - I don't agree witht the comment about the bat and why didn't he put up a better defense. A blow to the head with a bat is pretty harsh. Trust me when I say that you literally see stars, if it doesn't knock you out completely. I had it happen to me by accident as a kid. I'm not sure how anyone can defend against multiple attackers while dazed.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Dallas wrote:
Quick question: If Butler is such a bad ass, why the hell did he not put up a better defense to the guy with the baseball bat who killed his family?

Because then there would be no movie.

But seriously, two guys surprise you at the door with a baseball bat to the head, then immediately tie you up. What kind of defense does this guy suggest? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Kind of harsh, isn't it?

Butt out Mr Getthebigpicture guy!
Unless you have man spheres the size of watermelon, you know nothing' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Oggy
Elevator Doesn't Go Up to the Top Floor
Oggy

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 11:41 am

I personally think this one looks really good. This is my kind of movie..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Critique of trailer/premise   Critique of trailer/premise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Critique of trailer/premise
Page 1 of 1