The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

interesting interview from The Sun

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

interesting interview from The Sun Empty
PostSubject: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2573696/The-Scottish-Sun-meets-Gerard-Butler.html

I spent a fortune in Paolo Nutini’s chippy... but had no idea who he was

HUNKY movie star Gerard Butler has confessed he had NO IDEA who Paolo Nutini was until this week - even though he has spent a few quid in his old man's chippy.
I met up with the Hollywood A-lister at the premiere for his new rom com The Ugly Truth and talked about his roots in Paisley.

And he admitted that he hadn't had time to listen to any of soul star Paolo's tunes but he did go to the singer's family's chippy in the town centre.

He said: "People keep telling me about Paolo, it has been happening for a long time.

Nuts about fish suppers ... Gerard often enjoyed grub from Paolo's family chippy
"I hadn't ever heard his music until a couple of days ago when I saw him being advertised. He's really good.

"I had no idea he was from Paisley. I'm sure I must have spent a few quid in his dad's shop many times. I love a good old-fashioned poke of chips."

And Gerard confessed to getting a bit too fond of the deep-fried favourite when he was filming 2004 flick Dear Frankie.

He added: "When I did Dear Frankie, throughout the movie they were always talking about fish and chips.

"They were always putting salt and vinegar on fish and chips, my mouth would water and when I went to film, three nights in a row I had fish and chips in the centre of Glasgow. By the end I felt sick."

Smouldering Gerard - who has been linked with a bevy of Hollywood beauties - claims he's too busy for love at the moment.

Despite that, he's earned a reputation for being a ladies' man in Tinseltown.

Truth or dare ... Gerard and Gordon at The Ugly Truth premiere
He said: "I've literally spent about four days in LA in the last six months.

"I've bought a place there but I've been away travelling in India, I've been doing a movie in Philadelphia, I'm doing a movie in New York.

"People say 'you're the man of the moment, you've got all the women after you' but I didn't notice that when I was swimming in the Ganges in India with women washing their clothes."

I cheekily asked the big lump if the thought of bedding gorgeous Jennifer Aniston had crossed his mind on the set of his new film The Bounty Hunter.

He said: "I've known her for years actually.

"But er, no. She's a great girl and she's beautiful and she's sexy but I'm having a great time just working with her.

"I tell you, when I'm working with her I wish people could see what a great girl she is, she's so grounded, and so down-to-earth.

"I've had to do some crazy stuff, where she's walking around with handcuffs dragging car doors, and it's cutting into her but she doesn't complain, she just doesn't."

It sounds as though Gerard has the perfect job - in The Ugly Truth he even got to watch gorgeous blonde Katherine Heigl, 30, pretend to orgasm, in a scene similar to the classic moment in When Harry Met Sally.

And the 39-year-old said: "I've got to say that scene is going to be a classic movie moment - she's so fantastic in it.

"I had the biggest smile on my face. One, because I thought she was doing a great job and two, because I knew at that point I am part of one of the funniest scenes.

Gerry's pals ... Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz and Naomi Campbell
"In the scene I have the biggest smile, and fortunately I was allowed to have that smile.

"To watch Katie actually have a climax in front of me was incredible - and I didn't even have to do any work!"

The Phantom Of The Opera and 300 star revealed he was left freaked out when he had just started his acting career and was targeted by a stalker.

Former Glasgow University law student Gerard said: "I had a stalker when I was just starting out, it was very unfortunate. I was filming Dracula 2000 in Canada and I got this crazy stalker.

"And since then I've had strange people trying to get in touch, but a lot of it is fielded by my management over here - they get some crazy letters."

The P.S. I Love You hunk - once a big drinker - claims he lives much more quietly now and his only vice is EATING for roles.

He said: "I'd love to say that I'm a playboy but I'm as much of a playboy as the next man.

"I'm no saint but I'm no devil. I'm sure I have many vices bit I've had to quell most of them.

"I don't drink anymore, I quit smoking but I struggle with other things.

"I'm always having to diet for movies so then I swing to the other side.

"Movies like 300, suddenly you're on this incredible strict diet for months and when I finished I wanted apple pie and ice cream.

"I pretty much get to the size of Marlon Brando and find out I need to be skinny for the next role, and I start the diet all over again."
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Dracula 2000 was filmed in Canada too? I thought it was filmed exclusively in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:01 pm

No, it was filmed in Canada and N.O.
I hadn't heard about the stalking incident during that filming. I thought the "infamous" stalker who called him non stop in his hotel, sent the 20-something page letter and threatened suicide was during "300"( or some other film shoot in Canada). Maybe this is a different one.

So many crazies, so little time........
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Wow, I missed a lot of this stuff from the early days, didn't I? Shocked
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:16 am

I didn't even know about that stalker...I miss out on everything too...
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 2:34 am

Good grief, ladies. Where have you been? I've only been around a little over a year, and even I know about those stories.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:26 am

Seriously, no one tells me anything. I know about the Vancouver and Toronto incidents, and some in L.A, only because I was in L.A. And maybe some rumors about Vegas.

Or maybe I didn't care enough to probe. It doesn't surprise me that some of you know more about those kinds of stories than I do...

I had never heard of anything during 300 nor Dracula, but I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Actually I did hear about the particular incident Dallas speaks of. I simply meant I wasn't around the fandom back when all this crazy stuff was happening. I hear bits and pieces about a Canadian lawyer?? Don't have a clue about the specifics, only that someone kept calling him in a hotel or something.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Oh yes, I have never doubted that he has some crazy 'should-be-medicated-or-committed-AND-never-admitted-through-my-front-gate' fans.

It helps to read IMDb where the oldies have many of these stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting interview from The Sun   interesting interview from The Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting interview from The Sun
Page 1 of 1