The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screenslam interview - Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Screenslam interview - Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler Empty
PostSubject: Screenslam interview - Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler   Screenslam interview - Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:31 am

Video interview at link:

http://www.screenslam.com/blog/exclusive-playing-for-keeps-interview-with-gerard-butler/

Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler

GERALD BUTLER PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW (Exclusive) - Gerard Butler stars in the upcoming romantic comedy Playing For Keeps as George Dryer, an ex-pro soccer star who looks to redeem himself as a husband and father, by coaching his son’s soccer team. Watch the interview below as he explains the dynamic of his character and what he did to prepare for this role. Butler also leaves us with some advice for going into the new year. The romantic comedy directed by Gabriele Muccino also stars Jessica Biel, Dennis Quaid, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Uma Thurman and will hit theaters nationwide on December 7.

On his character:

“This is guy who was a professional soccer player– he had it all. He had the adjulations, the fans the money the success. He never really knew how to appreciate life on a deeper way so he lost his wife, his kid and now at the beginning of the movie he doesn’t really have much left so he’s decided that he’s going to try to get this priorities straight.”

Preparation:

“I went to a bunch of kids games to see what the atmosphere was like. And watching the kids play and watching the coaches react, but especially watching how the moms and dad act. They get into the game. They really get passionate about the game.”

Butler’s new years advice:

“Coming into the new year, I try to make three things that I’m going to aim for… and then I start setting out a plan for that. What am I willing to do on a daily basis to leap towards that? It’s good to start the year with hope, but a plan. Not just I’m going to be happy this year because that doesn’t mean anything. You need a plan.”

PLOT: A charming, down-on-his luck former soccer star (Butler) who returns home to put his life back together. Looking for a way to rebuild his relationship with his son, he gets roped into coaching the boy’s soccer team. But his attempts to finally become an adult are met with hilarious challenges from the attractive soccer moms who pursue him at every turn.

RELEASE DATES:

US – December 7
UK – February 1, 2013
Australia – February 28, 2013

Watch The Interview Below:
Back to top Go down

Screenslam interview - Exclusive PLAYING FOR KEEPS INTERVIEW with Gerard Butler
Page 1 of 1