The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Empty
PostSubject: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:43 pm

http://www.patrickmcmullan.com/site/search.aspx?t=person&s=gerard%20butler

Tiny pic here.
I'm sure there are more to follow.

Last edited by DonnaKat on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected spelling of "party" in title)
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:45 pm

Well hopefully this will lay to rest the "G hooked up with random extra from set" rumors once and for all. He may have hooked up with someone, but it wasn't with the twitterer.

Thanks for the link. I hope more pics come out (though I have to say I feel pretty Butler saturated this week). LOL!
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:07 pm

http://www.style.com/peopleparties/parties/scoop/newyork-061709_Whitney_Museum_Party/

Spiritualized
Onward and Upward at the Whitney Art Party
SCOOPPHOTOS
Lubov Azria, Jules Mordovets, Diana Farkhullina, and Sasha Pivivarova
more photos ›The mutually back-scratching affair between fashion and art is still going strong, at least judging by last night's Whitney Contemporaries party. Calvin Klein, Maria Cornejo, Will Cotton, and Hunt Slonem were some of those mingling amid slender planters and thumping hip-hop at Skylight studios, while a neon "PARTY" sign cast a slightly lurid glow on the corner in which Gerard Butler and Bradley Cooper were holding court. Stumbling upon a minimalist peacock-feather sculpture up for auction, Olivia Chantecaille had a moment: "That one matches my dress!"

Camilla Belle, just back from visiting family in São Paulo, wanted to see some art. "I studied art history in school—but more Italian and French, so I'm trying now to become more aware of American art." As if on cue, associate Whitney Biennial curator Gary Carrion-Murayari whisked her off for a tour of the silent-auction works, which included a cut-paper sculpture that sold for $13,000. Limited-edition umbrellas made by artist Mark Fox in collaboration with sponsor BCBG Max Azria, meanwhile, were free. The Depression-era quote from Whitney founder Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney—"It is especially in times like these that we need to look to the spiritual. In art we find it"—scrawled on the inside of each was almost as appropriate as the thing itself, given the persistent rain.

Surveying the smart-looking crowd, Whitney director Adam D. Weinberg mused, "People want to be where fresh ideas are—that feeling that you are alive in your moment." The High Line's opening earlier last week gave him hope, he added, that he'd be breaking ground on the museum's highly anticipated downtown branch soon. "Momentum!"

— Darrell Hartman
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Quote :
while a neon "PARTY" sign cast a slightly lurid glow on the corner in which Gerard Butler and Bradley Cooper were holding court

Holding court? What are they, royalty now? Rolling Eyes

I wonder which one was the wingman last night.

Lake Bell was there too. Not that I'm insinuating anything, though. Wink
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm

http://www.style.com/vogue/voguedaily/2009/06/whitney-art-party/

BCBG MaxAzria intuited New York City’s recent monsoon season and decided on an umbrella—albeit one by artist Mark Fox with a quote from Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney on it—as the gift for guests of last night’s Whitney Art Party. Suffice to say, Lake Bell, Camilla Belle, Lauren Santo Domingo, Ivanka Trump, and Dree Hemingway stayed dry as they left the festivities—Gerard Butler doesn’t strike me as the sort to carry a print umbrella, but I could be wrong.

Inside Skylight Studio, art darling Terence Koh (in a Kai Kuhne dinosaur-plate-like jacket) told me he’s working on a clothing line with Opening Ceremony. We spied revelers wearing Justin Giunta for Subversive Jewelry (perfect, considering Giunta had won the Swarovski Award for Accessory Design at the CFDA just two nights earlier); also in the sold-out crowd: designers Jason Wu, Brian Reyes and Prabal Gurung.

In the evening’s spirit of celebrating talent, learning, and creativity, Gurung taught me a new word: Boots! “It’s an exclamation,” he explained in his charming accent. “It means something’s agreeable,”

Okay, here goes: “Was the Whitney Art Party fun?” I asked as the night was winding down.

“Boots!” he shouted back at me.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:52 am

We have a picture now:

Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) 2009_Whitney_Art_Party_-_NY_17-6-20
Raquel Zimmerman, Tinsley Mortimer, Gerard Butler
The 2009 WHITNEY ART PARTY presented by BCBG and MAX AZRIA
June 17, 2009

There seems to be a rather imbalanced women to men ratio at this party. Confused
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 am

Firstly, what kind of nimrod would look at a unique piece of collectable art as a match for one's attire?

AND

Does "in your moment" bear any similarity to "in his element"?
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LegoJulie
Complete Loss of Marbles
LegoJulie

Number of posts : 3506
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 am

Nimrod! Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) 514922 Haven't seen that word in a long time.

I've been watching shows on Bravo like Project Runway and The Fashion Show. Fashion nimrods would take design inspiration from art pieces. And garbage. Those people make me laugh and appreciate who I am.
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:00 am

I use the term Nimrod all the time. I love that word. Smile

Still no more pictures of Butler, but someone did blog about the event and mentioned Gerry and Brad Cooper (those two have been hanging out together a lot lately).

http://habituallychic.blogspot.com/2009/06/whitney-art-party-wrap-up.html

Whitney Art Party Wrapup
(you'll have to click on the link above to see the pictures the blog is referring to)

The title of the first work above by Andrew Kuo is Late Hangover And/Or This is Why I Don't Like Mirrors on February 17, 2009 and could pretty much sum up how I am feeling this morning! Just kidding! I really don't feel that bad. Probably because they ran out of champagne too early. The art available through the silent auction at the Whitney Art Party was amazing and I wish I could have bought everything. Silent auctions and charity sales are a great place to buy contemporary art usually at a good price.

More interesting than the art was the crowd which was made up of fabulous fashionistas, galleristas, models and celebrities. I clearly wasn't the only girl trying to stalk Bradley Cooper. He was quite popular all night and is much thinner in person that I would have suspected. Also throwing the ladies into a tizzy was Gerard Butler. I overheard two girls planning what they were going to say to him and when I left they had made their move and were chatting him up. This mixed media work above Endless Prayers III by Iranian artist Y.Z. Kami was another one of my favorites.

You know you're not at a normal party when the socialites are thinner than the models. It was a bit depressing but definitely motivational. I swear I'm never eating bread ever again! I ran into Porter Hovey who was taking photos for Art in America and we were joking about the amazing people watching! Definitely a much different crowd than the design parties as Chase Booth also acknowledged! It was so nice running into him because he was with Matthew Larkin who I finally got to meet in person. Remember my post about his amazing light fixtures and topiaries? I feel bad comparing artists to each other but this piece above M.R.C. (c. 1921) by Jeremy Lawson reminded me of a modern version of a Cy Twombley. (It looked much better in person.) And since Cy Twombley is beyond most people's price range, it's a great alternative!

Artist Hunt Slonem donated a work Rabbit and was also at the party among other wonderful artists. If you didn't get to attend the Whitney Art Party this year, then I highly recommend that you put it on the calendar for next year. You can have a drink, bid on some art and check out the amazing crowd! What could be better than that?!
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 am

Quote :
If you didn't get to attend the Whitney Art Party this year, then I highly recommend that you put it on the calendar for next year. You can have a drink, bid on some art and check out the amazing crowd! What could be better than that?!

Um thanks, but no thanks. Not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:25 pm

This type of function I actually would enjoy but only if I was with a wingwoman. The people-watching would be memorable, the food would be delicious and the art inspired and unique.

GB seems to be shifting his social emphasis from nightclubs to other creative outlets ... I approve. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DonnaKat
DonnaKat

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:57 pm

http://www.bizbash.com/newyork/content/editorial/15801_the_whitney_aims_for_whimsy_at_art_party.php

Lightened Up
After a darker showing last year, the Whitney Museum opted for a lighter-hearted (and hued) version of its annual Art Party.

Known for reeling in socialites, celebrities, models, and artists, the Whitney Museum of American Art did so once again during Wednesday's Art Party at Skylight, amid a much airier environment. Unlike the 2008 incarnation of the event, which paid tribute to longtime sponsor Max Azria's Hervé Léger bandage dresses with dark swaths of tightly wound fabric, this year's party had a lightness to it, evident in glowing bars and communal tables and leafy centerpieces.

"We were planning [this event] in February and March, it was a heavy time. Life in New York was heavy," said Bronson van Wyck of Van Wyck & Van Wyck, who co-produced the party with his colleague Lauren Koppel and Whitney senior manager of special events Sarah Milestone. "We wanted a party that, like art, could be a breath of fresh air. There was a sharpness to last year's event, and this was meant to be the opposite of that. We wanted to mark the beginning of summer."

Another inspiration: a 1931 quote from Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, which appeared on the invitation and emblazoned on a wall at the party: "It is especially in times like these that we need to look to the spiritual. In art we find it."

To channel the "fresh air" he was looking for, van Wyck brought in lots of palm trees and hired Bentley Meeker to light the venue in rotating hues of yellow, green, pink, orange, and purple. Haze—a lighter form of fog—seeped throughout the massive rooms, picking up the beams of light and the Mark Fox films projected above the two bars on either end of the corridor.

The highlight of the gallery section of the party (besides the art, that is) was an illuminated 18-foot-long communal table made from jade acrylic, accented by Ghost stools. According to van Wyck, when planning a party void of dinner, communal tables are key to fostering interaction. "You've got to create spaces and moments that induce people to interact with each other."

At the opposite end of the venue, a nearly 11-foot-long neon sign reading "Party" flashed "Art" and "Party," thus reminding guests they were there for the art as well as to party. Helping them achieve the latter was DJ Kid America, who kept everyone dancing by mixing the likes of Lady Gaga and MGMT with Elvis Presley, the Beatles, and Buddy Holly.

The most buzzed-about guest of the night was The Hangover star Bradley Cooper, though actor Gerard Butler garnered his share of clamoring fans as well. Other notable attendees included the evening's sponsors Max and Lubov Azria, Camilla Belle, Ali Larter, David Cross, Alexis Bledel, Gretchen Mol, Lydia Hearst, Tinsley Mortimer, Lake Bell, Melissa George, Selita Ebanks, and ranks of lesser-known models.
Back to top Go down
Nay
Nay

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 3:19 pm

' ... and ranks of lesser known models."

I'm sure they would loooove to read that add-on
. Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) 646968
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)   Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry was at the Whitney Art Party (June 17th)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Sightings/Latest News-
Jump to: