The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaKat
Head Cheese, Pantry Raider, Your Everlovin' Forum Administrator
DonnaKat

Number of posts : 9607
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Empty
PostSubject: Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'   Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' LAC-1

Here's something for the girls to end their week on. Who doesn't want Gerard Butler chained up in your house -- and by the neck, no less. When I look at it, I like to imagine he's snarling "I am a slave! What possible difference can I make?" Considering the plot of Law Abiding Citizen is something akin to that of Gladiator (a vigilante who is holding all of Philadelphia hostage from his jail cell), I'm not entirely far off.

Despite my fondness for Bud White and Harry Callahan, I'm not entirely up on my prison and penal code ... do they actually chain prisoners in old timey neck manacles like that in any American cities? That seems like something you'd see in Pirates of the Caribbean, not a serious, modern legal / vigilante thriller.

Pirate chains aside, it will be enjoyable to see Butler in something manly and gruff again. The film originally called for him to be the assistant D.A. and Jamie Foxx to play the vigilante bent on avenging his family, but they reversed roles just before filming began. I think that was a good choice for both actors ... especially if they homage Escape to Alcatraz at all. And I think you know which scenes I mean, ladies.

http://www.cinematical.com/2009/05/01/your-friday-fantasy-gerard-butler-chained-down-in-law-abidin/
Back to top Go down
https://gerrybutlerspantry.aforumfree.com
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'   Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Oooh, the beginning of a cold-to-the-core, retribution filled glare. I hope this is a sign of a well-written script and a well-acted film.

Mind you, the devil in me immediately thought of Derek Zoolander's 'Blue Steel'. Wink
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'   Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Maybe that's the problem...the law and justice are so old school, and G's character knew that, hence the conflict in the movie.

Last edited by greyeyegoddess on Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/
Dallas
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane

Number of posts : 13493
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'   Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:18 pm

I thought the exact same thing about the neck shackle as this author (and posted it on another thread)!! But I got to say that his expression looks like the same pose he does in every photo. Maybe a little more angry, but still the same Blue Steel look to me.

Exhibit A:

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Soho0810

Exhibit B:

Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' 7patfr10

(clicky to make them bigger....)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen'   Your Friday Fantasy -- Gerard Butler Chained Down in 'Law Abiding Citizen' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: Law Abiding Citizen-
Jump to: