The Pantry Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pantry Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nay
Nay

Number of posts : 8189
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews Empty
PostSubject: Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews   Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:55 am

The Ugly Truth

Starring: Katherine Heigl, Gerard Butler
Directed by: Robert Luketic
Release date: 07/24

How's this for a pitch? "There's a lot of, shall I say, flagrant banging and swearing and climaxing and squealing," Luketic says of his new film, in which sparks fly between a priggish Sacramento morning-news-show producer (Heigl) and the boorish shock jock (Butler) brought in to boost ratings. Luketic (Legally Blonde, 21) jumped aboard when Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal told him the studio had landed Heigl for the female lead. "I had just seen Knocked Up and thought she was a breath of fresh air," he says. "You're always looking for that It Girl, and she seemed to have all the elements, with a new spin."

For the likable brute, producers kept pushing Butler. "I was skeptical," the director admits. "The guy from 300? In a comedy with Katherine Heigl?" So the two men went out for dinner, and Luketic says he was sold before they'd even placed their order. "I was telling jokes and long, politically incorrect stories," says Butler, who'd passed on several romantic comedies because he found them too soft. "When I saw the script, I was like, 'Okay, this is me.'"

Heigl wrapped production on Grey's Anatomy last spring only two days before filming began, so her rehearsal process consisted of a night of drinks with Luketic and Butler at the actress' house in L.A. How was the chemistry? "Three alpha, outrageous people," Butler says.

By Karen Valby
Back to top Go down
greyeyegoddess
Permanent Resident of the Home of the Sanely Insane
greyeyegoddess

Number of posts : 5150
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews   Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:26 am

yeah, I think it's him, too...lol
Back to top Go down
http://greyeyegoddess.multiply.com/

Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Previews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Pantry Forum :: Butler's Pantry Archives :: Gerard Butler Stuff :: Gerry News :: Gerry Movies :: The Ugly Truth-
Jump to: